The Offer

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
ppratt. You sure have a bug up your as s about how much I spent. Tell me how much you spent on your last cache hunt. You are wrong about the LARGE CUT. I am personally only asking for an EQUAL CUT. I don't think anyone has an accurate record of exactly how much they spend on detecting. The expenses are mixed with other expenses like online computer time. Compensation for the maybe years of research. I have mentioned that I have spent over $100 in fuel cost and $15K will be due another researcher if the cache is found. How about the cost of the library of books I use for research. The cost of actually going in the area and interviewing relatives of the people in the story. Then there are the expenses of my partner which are about the same. He was up there with me interviewing the relatives. Now lets look at the expenses of the hunt and recovery. Thousands of dollars in equippment. The cost of a base camp maintained on site,Yes it might take quite a while to cover the likely spots in the rough terrain. The main thing you are forgetting is this thread is about THE OFFER. True, as I said before, it is based on the expenses. Now don't give me that line about He spent $65,000 to buy the land. That has nothing to do with locating the cache. He bought it as View attachment 640622 an investment and will reak the profits when he sells it.

Well ppratt, if you said you have read the thread and couldn't find any of the expenses, what does that tell us about your research ability?

Your equal cut is rather large for having spent 500. Your also the one saying you deserve a 1/3 because all the time and money spent. You're the one hell bent on justifying/selling it to us to get us on your side. The 15K after it's found will be a drop in the bucket if its ever found. You interest will make that up in the first 2 months, so don't go crying poor (Mr. Greedy) Why a base camp if your digging one hole? I do believe you said that in a earlier post. I never stated the fact that I was a good researcher. Remember I didn't study or research all the time when I told my parents I was. Also stated before all my cache hunts were 50/50 splits with owner, and they were the ones that brought that figure to light not me. Have a nice day!!

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Since you like to refer to past post please go back to my post and find where I mentioned but he paid 65K for the land. What does that have to do with anything? That only means he owns the land and whats on it (your treasure). I don't think anyone has gotten off topic were still here and the topic is the offer. We like 98% of us or better. We think your offer sucks and you don't get it. Were (not me) all trying to help you see that.

This thread is getting better and better.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
maipenrai, You say my equippment doesn't count because I already have it!!!! Try chartering a boat and telling the Capt. that the cost of his boat and the fuel that is already in the tank don't count as costs of the charter. He will be laughing as he pulls away from the pier without you.
About 1 in 10 caches payes off. Any business has to cover all of there expenses to survive. Where do you think the money to pay fot the noshows comes from. Be realistic for once! By the way you are still hung up on the question aren't you.

Boy, I love this thread, It lets my see what is under those handles hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right again Frankn, Every time a customer comes along to charter a boat, the captain should charge the amount that he paid to buy the boat, and all the fuel he has use since buying it. I would be very happy if he left without me, if he told me that. If this is your business, of course you have to figure in the cost of equipment, but not the full price every time!

What ever happened to the email that was sent by your partner, probably no reply! Why do you keep coming up with these off the wall reasons you should get more than the owner. Yeah, I know, you only want an equal share, but that is no where equal in his mind. How do you charge, when someone ask you to find a wedding ring, do they have to pay for your motor home too!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Maipenrai, Not the total cost of the boat, but the total cost of the fuel. He has to figure in the cost of maintaining the boat. Try getting out there without the boat. Your still hung up on the car question hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
maipenrai, I have only once been asked to find a wedding ring. I found it and returned it at no cost.
Your having a problem reading the post again. He sent a letter, not an E Mail.

ppratt, You are having trouble reading the post again. I did not pay $500 for outside research.

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats about enough for me, you seem to enjoy all this bickering, yes, we are all having problems reading your post, and understanding your logic. I am 100% sure, if you keep up with your reasoning for him giving you and your partner two thirds of the cache, you will lose it all. You have your big expenses to pay, and he has his property tax to pay, but you dont count that as worth anything.

Good luck with this thread. Im sure there will be more posting here, but I doubt you will get the answer your looking for, just more people that dont understand you.

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I'm not having trouble reading the post I saw the 500 figure but I figured there had to be more for you to ask for such a large cut and feel you deserve it. Others posted it for me since you wont answer the question. So you have more than 500 do you have more than 1k in it?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, would you mind explaning where you got 50/50? I curious as to how you came up with that % for the split. I have explaned the 1/3 split many times over so lets see how you got 50/50 . Lets see some logic on this if you have any. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
You asked about my cache deals. I said they were 50/50 splits. You asked me, you brought it up those 70+ years have been hard on you.

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I got this email today so I guess I got a few million coming my way. Just like Franky said in his email. This isn't spam is it. Please tell me its real. I just have to send in my banking information and ID. I'm good to go.

FROM THE DESK OF: PROFESSOR LAMIDO SANUSI
EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR,
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA(CBN).
INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT,
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS:# CBN HOUSE TINUBU SQUARE,
ELEKE CRESCENT-VICTORIA ISLAND, MARINA, LAGOS,
NIGERIA, WEST AFRICA.
P.O.BOX 55037 FALOMO IKOYI LAGOS ISLAND MARINA.
INHERITANCE/CONTRACT FUND, #:MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009.

ATTENTION: THE BENEFICIARY:

THIS IS TO NOTIFY YOU THAT YOUR OVER DUE INHERITANCE/CONTRACT FUNDS HAS BEEN GAZETTED TO BE RELEASED, VIA KEY TELEX TRANSFER (KTT) -DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER TO YOU OR THROUGH ANY OF OUR CORRESPONDENT NOMINATED BANK, BY THE SENATE COMMITTEE FOR FOREIGN OVER DUE FUND TRANSFER.MEANWHILE, A WOMAN CAME TO MY OFFICE FEW DAYS AGO WITH A LETTER,CLAIMING TO BE YOUR TRUE REPRESENTATIVE. HERE ARE HER INFORMATION'S FOR YOU TO CONFIRM TO THIS OFFICE IF THIS WOMAN IS TRULY FROM YOU OR NOT SO THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING INTO ANY WRONG ACCOUNTS.

CLAIM'S NAME: JANET WHITE BANK NAME: CITI BANK ARIZONA, USA. ACCOUNT NUMBER: 6503809428. PLEASE, DO RECONFIRM TO THIS OFFICE, AS A MATTER OF URGENCY IF THIS WOMAN IS FROM YOU.

YOU ARE REQUESTED TO FILL AND SEND THIS INFORMATION'S FOR VERIFICATIONS PURPOSES SO THAT YOUR FUND VALID US$7.5M (SEVEN MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS) WILL BE REMITTED INTO YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNT ANY WHERE. THIS FUND IS AS A RESULT OF INHERITANCE/CONTRACT ON YOUR BEHALF. INFORMATION NEEDED FROM YOU FOR VERIFICATION IS AS FOLLOWS:

1.YOUR NAME:..........................
2. YOUR FULL ADDRESS:.................
3. YOUR TELEPHONE ....................
4. FAX................................
5. AGE................................
6. SEX:...............................
7. YOUR OCCUPATION:...................
8. YOUR BANKING DETAILS:..............
9.ANY COPY OF YOUR ID:................

AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE THIS INFORMATIONS, WE WILL COMMENCE WITH ALL NECESSARY PROCEDURES IN OTHER TO REMIT THIS MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.THE CENTRAL BANK GOVERNOR, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE(FMF)EXECUTIVE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND THE SENATE COMMITTEE FOR FOREIGN OVER DUE INHERITANCE/CONTRACT FUND HAVE APPROVED AND ACCREDITED THIS REPUTABLE BANK WITH THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR, INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE/FOREIGN OPERATIONS,TO HANDLE AND TRANSFER ALL FOREIGN INHERITANCE/CONTRACT FUNDS THIS FIRST QUARTER PAYMENT OF THE YEAR 2012.

HOWEVER, WE SHALL PROCEED TO ISSUE ALL PAYMENTS DETAILS TO THE SAID MRS.WHITE, IF WE DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU WITHIN THE NEXT SEVEN WORKING DAYS FROM TODAY. WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THE DELAY IN TRANSFERRING OF THIS FUND MUST HAVE CAUSED YOU.

CONGRATULATIONS.

PROFESSOR LAMIDO SANUSI,
GOVERNOR, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN).
CC: SENATE PRESIDENT
CC: BOARD OF DIRECTORS [FPD]
CC: ACCOUNTANT GENERAL OF NIGERIA.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, Lets be real for once. My E Mail ask for no information or money. It explaned the situation and Included a copy of my business card.
Sorry, no comparison. Based on your past posts I would say you will fill in the info and send it to them. LOL HURRICANE FURY-8X10.jpg

Irchr

Mar 17, 2010
Texas
If I were the land owner, here would be my reply. NO, NOTHING, It is my land, I own all that is on it, you aren' t positive anything is actually on my land, I don't want my land all dug up, messed with I just want it left alone. If there is something there, then I own it. I might not be able to put my hands on it right now, but if it is there, Then some day I will find it or I won't. But I will own it 100% and won't pay for greed. I offered 50-50 and you turned it down, Now the deal is NO, nothing, it is all mine. SO please leave me alone and go on your way.

I lived with "cache" hunters all my life. My uncle was one of the worst. He was always just one step away from the BIG ONE, and he died a while back, and he never got the BIG ONE. IN fact he never even got the small one. But he spent his whole life, no he wasted his whole life, just about to get the big one. It is fun to go out and try for these things, I went into the Superstition Mountains in Arizona looking for the Lost Dutchman's Gold mine, and what I found was a great time with my friends and a great camping trip. But I didn't find gold, never really expected to. But the scenery was great. Oh if I had found gold, I would have been totally surprised. But as a land owner, I would just tell you to go on your way and leave me alone. Sorry but that is how I feel about this.

K

Kentucky Kache

If I were the land owner, here would be my reply. NO, NOTHING, It is my land, I own all that is on it, you aren' t positive anything is actually on my land, I don't want my land all dug up, messed with I just want it left alone. If there is something there, then I own it. I might not be able to put my hands on it right now, but if it is there, Then some day I will find it or I won't. But I will own it 100% and won't pay for greed. I offered 50-50 and you turned it down, Now the deal is NO, nothing, it is all mine. SO please leave me alone and go on your way.

I lived with "cache" hunters all my life. My uncle was one of the worst. He was always just one step away from the BIG ONE, and he died a while back, and he never got the BIG ONE. IN fact he never even got the small one. But he spent his whole life, no he wasted his whole life, just about to get the big one. It is fun to go out and try for these things, I went into the Superstition Mountains in Arizona looking for the Lost Dutchman's Gold mine, and what I found was a great time with my friends and a great camping trip. But I didn't find gold, never really expected to. But the scenery was great. Oh if I had found gold, I would have been totally surprised. But as a land owner, I would just tell you to go on your way and leave me alone. Sorry but that is how I feel about this.

I agree with you about the land owner, but don't be so hard on your uncle. He no doubt enjoyed his life, looking for those caches. As long as he didn't abandon more important things, I would say be happy for him for getting to do what he loved.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Irchr, You sound a little bitter. Maybe it's because you always come up "0". Maybe you should add a little adventure to your life to perc it up. There is a big difference between owning something and actually possesing something.
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
Hay dogpound, in that situation, his wife would wind up with 50%. lol

Kache, I agree with you about his uncle. Perhaps a little more adventure in his life would perc him up.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Frankn, If you are 100% positive that the money is there, why not just buy the property?
You said it's an investment property, for the current owner.

Would fix your whole problem with the now owner getting too much of "your" treasure cut.

Spend 70k to make a minimum 150k sounds like a winner to me. Who wouldn't want to make a 100%+ return on an investment?
Heck spend a 100k to make 150k is still a 50% return minimum, plus you have the land you can resale, for an even bigger return on your investment.
And if it is as such gold coin, think of the return on your investment now!
70k vs 14 million? Even a podunk scarecrow would jump all over that one.

And if it's not there, you still have something to show for your investment, the land.

Right now all you have is time and money spent, on a maybe, and it's looking more like a no go. Very poor investment even to a scarecrow.

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr Syn, although your logic is decent, you have to remember the cache may not even be on his property. :laughing7:

Secondly, this cache, may, or may not even exist at all. :laughing9:

Lastly, even sending a copy of any business card will get him no where closer to his goal of searching. :tongue3:

AS I've said, this post can reach a 1000+ and he will still be no where near reaching an agreement. It's been nearly 5 months, maybe more since this so called negotiation started and he's still at square one.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Dr Syn. There are two properties it could be on next to each other. There is no such thing as 100% sure in cache hunting. It is actually costing me nothing to sit here and wait. I have checked back with my partner and we both think our offer was right. The price of fuel is droping as I predicted so maybe a call on the owner is in order.

Spart, Yes this is a waiting game! The thing is square one is right next to pass go. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Of course your partner thinks your right. He is just as thick headed as you are. Thats what partners do they tend to agree with each other. Are you thimble in this game? I was always partial to the cannon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread