diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my 2 cents (which aint worth much)

I've been watching this thread from the beginning. Most of it is useless bantering. As far as the percentages go,
(and I know it's already been said and disputed) the ball is in the owners court. He has nothing to lose by agreeing or disagreeing. Just like the song goes... nothing from nothing leaves nothing. You on the other hand (and your partner) have everything to lose since you already have a vested interest in the said cache.

And what's with the guy who you promised 10% to? Did he do the work for free and now he is waiting on his cut? Surely he was paid something up front for his efforts, that, or he is a fool for working on the promise of a supposed cache which may or may not exist. I don't get that one.

If it were me, I would take the 50/50 split and be glad to get it, but then i'm just a humble, poor boy, so what do I know? Holding out benefits no one. It's been what, 6 months or so since you started this "discussion"? It's obvious, the owner could care less about you, your partner or your offer. If you would have accepted his original 50/50, you would have already recovered (or not) the cache depending on it's actual existence. Instead your on here bickering (okay "discussing") with those who have no dog in this race, over an extra $8.33 per $100. Greed will get you no where. This isn't American Pickers and your not Ric Savage, you're not entitled to anything more than 50/50. Take it or leave it, respectfully.
PS- IMHO, At this point you will be lucky if he even agrees to a 50/50 split now.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Diggummup, Hay they could be Indian heads!
The way I look at it we both have something to gain and possibly a cache lost. I have invested in many caches in the way of time and money. I have an investment in many pertinant treasure lead books and a file covering most of the USA. I have looked for caches all over the USA. At best a hunt is a 1 in 10 chance and sometimes a 1 in 100 chance. I accept the losses as I accept the gains as luck of the draw. I set a limit on what I will accept as my cut on a find. Here is my take. I will not accept less than the land owner. That is what I personally receive. I look at this as 3 enities. 2 treasure hunters and a land owner and since The TH's are doing all the work and asorbing all of the cost, I feel a equal 3 way split is jestified.

As far as the one that actually located the lot and land owner, he received a $75 retainer and a 10% split of on the orginal $150K estimate, but only if found.

To me principals count more than money. Hay, I know that sounds strange in today's society, but that is the way I am. My partner agrees with me. If my partner needed the money and wanted to change the split I would defer to him because he is my partner.

I know most of the posts are big mouth bull from people that have no stake in this and don't have an idea of what is involved in locating a cache, but woven in there are some verbal gems from more experienced hunters that I really appreciate. Some loose site of the fact that this is about the offer not the hunt. By the way, the difference in the offers could be over a $MILLION! Funny face-flower.jpg

"Common sence is always applied to the knowledge of experience" : Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Well I never beleaved in physic stuff, but now I wonder. Two nights in a row, I dreamed that I recovered gold. If that wasn't enough, my partner also dreamed of recovering gold. I wonder if there is anything to these dreams.

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL THIS WAS A WASTE OF 3 HOURS AT WORK..
POINTLESS THREAD IS POINTLESS
Thanks for nothing but adults fighting like children

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Chair, Gold fever maybe?:coffee2:

Midge, You mean you just lost 3 hours of your normal sleep time at work?

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn,you took that fever jab well so, several years ago my daughter announced dreaming we killed a deer in heavy cover,like a cornfield. This was near end of season when even seeing a deer would have been special. She didn,t want anymore first lite hunts so we went out hours later but once in woods never made it to where we were headed as a buck was waiting to make a gift of itself in brushy swamp. She kept saying it was just like her dream. Nothing like that since. Guessing fever not caused by knowing gold is out there,but from wanting to reduce it to possession. Subconscious sometimes is ahead of consciousness?. H.H.:coffee2:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Chair, I can lead my sub if I think of a project before I go to sleep. I have actually completed design of projects while I slept. I usually dream shortly before I wake. And I can recall it if I lock it in within about 1 minute of wakeing. If I don't lock it in, it slips back into the sub forever. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg PS did the deer have a dreamy taste?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn, i had not read the thread in awhile,3rd email,sorry i didnt read all the way back, im guessing no
reply to the 2nd,or the LO still isnt accepting your offer.may be time to quit for awhile the LO must not
like your terms as i said b4,the LO is prob lurking,and looking for info on the cache,give him more time
hit him with an email this winter,who knows maybe he will decide O.K. 1/3 is good
good luck

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No dreamy taste,just good venison. Yes mind during sleep can solve things,not one night but 48 to 72 hrs. Sometimes. Mine ain,t right though.but sometimesit sparks. Cw0909 i,m no frankn but have read of moving to another lead or tabling one and picking up again when more info or new developments arise,for example H. Glenn Carson discussing lead files. So we wait i guess.?:evil5:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well you guys must think like me. I am working on another lead. It it on the property of a labor union and I can't figure out how to approach them with an offer. Seams like I am haunted by an offer problem. This treasure was stached in Maryland also. I got access to the Historical society's files and verifyed this one. With all the stories about corruption in unions, I am afraid that if I made them an offer, they would just get it themselves. This one has a much smaller search area. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, My partner got no answer to his letter to the second lot owner. This is the 3rd no reply from him. I am going to try a registered return reciete letter to see if there really is someone up there. I really would like to discuss with him face to face. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems letters to date do not spur replies,yep face to face sounds more productive. What would be right timing?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg I will wait to get the reply form. He has to sign it. If no one lives there it will be returned with the letter. I am composing the letter now. If I get the signed reply form, I will wait for his reply. With the registered letter, he will know the letter is genuine.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sue him? .... yeah. "He sent me 2 letters, and one was certified - ohhh the humanity"

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe spellcheck your letters. Guy could be an English professor and you could be offending them with all the grammatical errors and misspelled words.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No...I'd say he'll probably decline the offer. It's his land, it's his cache, and he's the only one at any real risk. I think the 50/50 is, "fantastic offer for you." :thumbsup:

Well I didn't have to read too far on this thread to find the answer I agree with.

I think someone is watching a little too much American diggers and the 70-30 splits. No one in their right mind is going to give up over half of what THEY own.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
This reminds me of the high-end lotto players.

"I'm buying a lotto ticket tonight, the jackpot is up to $53 Million"

They won't take a chance with a single dollar bill on only $3 Million, it's just not worth it- but $53 Million! Now that's worth risking a dollar over!

YOU GOTTA BE FREAKIN KIDDING ME!

You would rather have NOTHING -vs- splitting millions down the middle?

Just how many millions of dollars are your 'business ethics' worth anyhow?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread