OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Kache, I have always suspected that the Hays and Gimini were designed by the same person. There controlls are identical and they are both in orange plastic cases. I just added a red LED to my Hays 2 Box. when it hits a target, it lights, that way I don't have to keep my eye on the meter. The old ears are not as good as they use to be. The last target I pulled with it was a 50cal ammo box over 6' away in a stone wall.I didn't have any trouble hearing that. They are great for walking beside a wall.I tried to figgure the pickup pattern. It is almost like a sphere around as you stand holding the pole. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

K

Kentucky Kache

Kache, I have always suspected that the Hays and Gimini were designed by the same person. There controlls are identical and they are both in orange plastic cases. I just added a red LED to my Hays 2 Box. when it hits a target, it lights, that way I don't have to keep my eye on the meter. The old ears are not as good as they use to be. The last target I pulled with it was a 50cal ammo box over 6' away in a stone wall.I didn't have any trouble hearing that. They are great for walking beside a wall.I tried to figgure the pickup pattern. It is almost like a sphere around as you stand holding the pole.

Sounds like a good machine. I like any machine with depth.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Moved where?

Last edited:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Fankn, but you kinda lost me. Why is it so important to complicate an already complicated problem, by contacting the second property owner, at this point in time? You seem to be getting too many people involved, when there is no need to. You never mentioned if you received a reply to your letter to the LO, so did he reply? Why would he reply now, if he hasnt replied to your other letter? All of a sudden, the big negotiations that were to be done, have turned into just getting a "permission slip". Hard to believe that a cache this big will be handled with just a "permission slip". You must have left something out, of these last few post. It has went from cache hunting, to "evaluate the lot", not evaluated before? Wow!, not even talking face to face with the LO, and not even seeing the land? Now you want to let another LO in on your little secrete? At least there will be a lot of metal detectors sold in that area, so at least something will be accomplished.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Maipenrai. Let me try to straigher this out for you.
-We have seen a lot of other realistate but not the actual lots. The thing is the lo #1 has the lot described in the story, but from the tale, it appears that the actual cache might be on the next lot, lo#2. We have contacted lo #1 & lo#2. Only lo#1 replied, he does not live on the lot. Lo#2 lives on his lot. In Maryland, written permission is required to trespass or cache hunt. So we are seeking to obtain this written permission to check out the lot. The permission form also states the split %. If we get permission from lo#1 we will go to the area and stop in to talk to lo#2 to see if we can get permission to search his lot. It's over a 100mi trip from my house.

If this thread is moved, consider it dead. You will never see the outcome and that's a shame for such a popular thread. Frank

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, all I did was move thread to correct forum "cache hunting". Thread is still active and will appear in new posts every time anyone replies....

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
liberty lady.jpg So after 800+ posts, what was your reason to suddenly switch it??? It's about an offer, not a cache hunt. The SE PA treasure is a cache hunt and you left it! It would appear that you gave up trying to clean up the flamers that continued after warnings and took the easy way out. Just my opinion. Frank

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 656729 So after 800+ posts, what was your reason to suddenly switch it??? It's about an offer, not a cache hunt. The SE PA treasure is a cache hunt and you left it! It would appear that you gave up trying to clean up the flamers that continued after warnings and took the easy way out. Just my opinion. Frank

The very first line of your original and opening post for this thread is "Well, my partner and myself have found the site of a cache"...

The offer is about the cache find so not sure how you say its not about a cache....Your absolutely correct though, it should have been moved 800 some odd posts ago and for that I apologize...It is where it belongs in the "cache hunting" forum since it is about a cache even you said so in your opening line.... The The SE PA treasure thread will also be moved if it is about a cache...

My moving it has nothing to do with the flamers at all.....

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont care much about where its moved to, but its an interesting thread, and hope it doesnt vanish, like a few of the threads I was following, before the changeover. Sometimes its not easy to decide on where to post, but it does seem like after 800 replies, it should stay where it has always been.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have not read this thread before. I will be honest and admit I am not going to read it. I read the opening statement and that was all I needed to form my opinion as to how to answer your question about the offer. I have been involved in a few digs of my own. We had written contracts from the start. We also had each others trust because I met the landowners in person, looked them in the eye and offered what I thought was a fair deal. They had no problem agreeing to it and then it was no longer an issue.

At the start of my initial talks with them they owned the land so they obviously owned 100% of anything on or under it. Because I came to them claiming to know where something was buried and was willing to do what it took to dig it up, there was a value to them to deal with me. I have made lots of deals throughout my life and have always been more than fair. I am not rich but I sleep well at night and can look at my face in the mirror without feeling ashamed of the way I treat others.

The standard deal for a lot of things and especially a treasure hunt is 50/50. It does not matter how much trouble the digger group has to go through as they are the ones that have approached the property owner. If the digger group does not think 50% is enough then go on to your next dig. It is very possible that you may not have the next dig lined up. In this case you should feel lucky that you are even allowed to do any digging on someone elses property. I have been involved with a few potential treasures where the property owner is not interested in letting ANYBODY dig on their property.

Don't be greedy. It will probably not pay off. I have been attempting to dig up some gold in North Carolina. I have developed a great relationship with the property owners. I have dug in the past and plan to dig again. An older gentleman became involved with me on this dig as an investor. He did not think my 50/50 deal was good enough. He insisted that I get the owner to agree to a 2/3 1/3 split with us getting the 2/3. I told him I was not interested. I let him meet the property owners. He implied he was going to go around me to negotiate this new deal. I contacted the property owner and told him what this guy wanted to do. The property owner would have never agreed to these terms. This "investor" could have ruined everything with his greed, and greed was all it was.

Take whatever deal you can get. If you really think something is there you better go for it before it is too late or someone else comes along and then you are out. This is all just my opinion for what it is worth.

I must add that this investor pointed out to me that he has a lot more money than me because he is a "better" businessman. Money is great but it isn't everything. This investor has pissed a lot of people off along his way to his "success".

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Bigdogdad, Good sound advice now here's some for you. Give up on those pirate chests. That douser might have been standing on Mell Fishers bow, but Mell wore out over 10 engines looking for it.

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Frankn-Whats the deal with the black hand? Thanks for the advice but I have no reason to give up. The dowser only went out with the Fisher crew one time. That was all it took to put them on the silver in one location and the gold in the other. Details are in my upcoming book. Mel spent about 18 or so years and about 15-20 million on his quest. Did you tell him to give up?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The black hand is an adaption from a WWI poster. It is a hand making an impression, as on the reader.
Mell lost his son in that quest, was it worth it? Eagle desending.jpg

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mel's son was probably doing what he loved. Accidents happen. People die while pursuing many things, mountain climbing, car racing, soldiers, policeman, etc. We each make our own decisions. Your most likely to die in a car accident. Is it worth driving?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The dowser only went out with the Fisher crew one time. That was all it took to put them on the silver in one location and the gold in the other. Details are in my upcoming book. Mel spent about 18 or so years and about 15-20 million on his quest.
Just think how much time and money Mel could have saved if he used Ovid earlier on.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
bigdogdad, Yes, I have been driving since 1953, I would say ,well worth it, plus I have several years in SCCA track racing and many happy hours in road rallies. I think my ticket is paid for!

The problem I have with dowsing is, if someone were able to just douse and find gold, why in the world would he work for someone else. It defies logic. If I could just swing a plumb bob or dip needle over a map and find a gold location, I would just go there and dig it up.

PUZZLE POSTER-1_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread