maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it is, if you have other caches to find, which was mentioned several times. Its been a long haul, seems like someone is running out of gas!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-6.jpg Maipenrai, I posted this thread alone. I told my partner that I would not mention his handle, but to feel free to jump in any time. He had a good time posting his comments without his idenity known, But way back he did jump in and state that he was my partner. I guess some missed it. There is no rule that you have to state your partner' handle. Well I admitt it, I might have to go for the 50/50. If the offer is accepted, the land owner signs the permission slip and my partner and I will go up and evaluate the chances of finding the cache. If we can locate the markers in the story, there is a very good chance of finding the cache if in fact it is still there. I have found horseshoes before. The energy to find the loction has been expended. The energy to pinpoint that location will be expended after permission to search has been granted. I am not one dementional. I hunt caches, search yards where the rich have lived in the past, Prospect for gold and other non MD endevors like painting and photography plus many other ventures. To sit still waiting for one thing to pan out would be truly dull. Cache hunting truly is a puzzle. The average TH goes out and sees what they can find. The cache hunter has to find the target before he goes out to hunt. Cache hunting is a great adventure and it could go either way from the very beginning to the very end.

Crispin, Everyone has there own method of operation that works best with their personality. I have tryed most approaches.

Last edited:

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
Whatever pal. Have a nice (yet obviously sad) life.

Look man, I don't know Frankn, but I do enjoy his posts. What I DO NOT enjoy, is people like you with their negative outlook against other people. You have the option to just stop and move on, but you choose to act the way you do. One can conclude that someone must be a bitter, lonely person unhappy with their own self to make attacks the way you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ticm, I thought you were going for 800. I wasn't watching to close, did you miss it? I think you would have a better chance for 1000 on that SE PA post. it is over 900 now. Good luck. hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
ticm said:
No I am getting that 1000 post. Won't be long now.

The suspense is killing me. Second only to watching grass grow. This thread hit the wall the last few days. Really though, I feel darned proud to announce that I actually started at page one and read every comment to the end. Same sense of pride I had when I finished reading "War and Peace".

So there is an even longer thread concerning cache hunting/finding? Same polite back and forth banter style?

Merlin

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn, you are right, everybody does have their own style that fits their personality. It was a little presumptous for me to think that that my approach would be the best one for you.

Moonrover, I must politely disagree with your assessment of this thread. I haven't read every post but I have skimmed through a lot of it. I think this thread presents an opportunity to take an in depth look at human behavior. Everybody who has posted on this thread has done so with deliberate intent, on their own free will, without fear of retribution or retaliation. This thread begs the question of what exactly is one man's time worth. In addition, it personifies the classic american indian belief in regards to owning the earth and everything in it. There is obviously no 'right' answer to the original question of share splitting that was proposed. Most of us could make decent arguments that both Frankn and the LO are worthy of a larger split. There truly is no right answer. However, the LO cannot profit without Frankn's help; thus, the question becomes what Frankn values his time at. Also, to what financial principles does Frankn feel is 'fair.' Obviously, any money is better then no money, but you would be hard pressed to convince somebody to slave away in the sun for five cents an hour when an executive in an air-conditioned office is making millions off of them. Unless, or course, that five cents were to feed their starving family.

I would also like to point out the hilarious dichotomy that TICM has so deftly inserted into this thread. Amongst the passionate posts, anger filled rants, and heartfelt advice directed at Frankn....TICM has maintained a sincere dream of becoming post number 1000. This may seem trite and petty to some, but I can recognize the genius in it. Which is crazier: dozens of adults resulting to insults about a post or TICM's strong desire to become post number 1000, which holds absolutely no monetary value? It appears to be a nonsensical question but truly circumscribes us back to the original question of, 'What is one man's time worth?'

I am proud to have contributed to the growing length of this thread. Furthermore, it has provided me with a couple hours of entertainment at the cost of only what I value my own time at. If this thread has truly 'hit the wall,' then as a marathon runner....there is only one option available when you 'hit the wall'... you run through it!

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Crispin,

I had no idea anyone would take my good-natured ribbing so seriously. Lighten up Doc! I agree with your feelings about the interesting nature of my friend Frank's cache hunt. Most certainly I will be following the progress when posted. And like you, I'm prepared to tough it out through likely future caustic postings like we have already seen.

Merlin

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Moonrover,
That was my idea of light, lol. I knew you were just kidding, I decided to have some fun with it.

TICM,
You are one post closer to fulfilling your quest.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It's like a lottery for that 1K post, but it will be a hollow victory. The Cabin at Browns park post went on for 5 YEARS and I don't think that cache was real. OH MY, there I go now.

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
releventchair said:
Ticm, stay on your toes regarding 1000!.

This is going to be similar to attempting to snag the final and winning bid on eBay. Beads of sweat on forehead, shaky finger hovering above the "return" button. I can't handle that kind of pressure anymore. Going to have to sit in the peanut gallery to see if TICM goes for the gold medal.

Other than this excitement I wonder what is cooking with the "offer". It is impossible to guess how the landowner(s) proceed. But if I owned that land, considering my age ... heck, I'd say go for it. As long as I could be there for the hunt and excitement. Except for the rattle snake feature that Frank mentioned, it may be a great adventure.

Merlin

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post can hit 2000 posts for all intents and purposes, but the bottom line is the cache will not be dug in our lifetime :laughing7:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Spart, don't know for sure do you, kind of makes you wonder. Slow Go-1_edited-1.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lastleg, Sorry, I thought I did but it must have been on film and I lost them all in a fire. I only have images from the last 10+ years. That is about 150 CD's = thousands of images mostly of my fine art like the turtle "Slo Go" which is a copy of my painting. I have to reduce the size to use them here. They are large files.

cube700.jpg cube700.jpg cube700.jpg cube700.jpg

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually have no problems with the 50/50 that’s a reallycommon deal...1/2 of something is better than 1/2 of nothing....the landowner isnot going to buy the technology it takes or do the research it takes to get thecache he would be an idiot not to take the 50/50...but be ready to walk away ifhe doesn’t...I am sure he will call you within a few months. If he knew who you are and your reputation it might help...I know I would work with you !

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Curtis, You never really know what is in the other guys head. You only see the preseption he presents. You have to make an educated guess as to his intents and act on that. Guess wrong, you loose, guess right, you win. It's called luck of the draw!

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ticm you said "Well I am glad you asked. Post 1000 is real or should I say destined to be real." do you have proof? and " I dont even know if I will get the coveted post, as I under stand there are lurkers out working in shifts so as to cover the thread 24/7." again any proof? and " So you ask me why I offer nothing to the TS. Well I will tell you why. He does not care about the 1000 post, he hasn't spent sleepless nights wondering just how to accomplish the goal. I have to put in the time and effort not him." I think he IS worried about the post turning out to be real, and someone beating him to it...99 left lmao

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread