The Offer

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
okie jack said:
But really what ever happened about the offer ? The reason why this thread was started . Did he ever here back?

What offer? I must have missed that.

Anyway this thread reached translational lift and got airborne. Next stop .... 2000

M

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told you guy's that ticm knew people in Weaton! (Illinois) You had no idea what they are capable of.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
billythekidder said:
I told you guy's that ticm knew people in Weaton! (Illinois) You had no idea what they are capable of.

Is Weaton the home base for the Mafia? I'm not at all familiar with anything in Illinois, except that most governors end up in federal prison. That and the training turf for the hollow suit Teleprompter guy in DC.

M

bosco

Mar 23, 2012
knoxville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So who us up for going for post # 2000 ? I honestly think we can do it....lol. Besides...someone missed post 1000 so I think we should give him a shot at # 2000.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
I think TCIM should file a complaint. Ask for a recount. Possible count tampering took place.

As for going the distance to #2000, I may fall asleep before getting there.

Now if someone mentions "pot of gold is being unearthed" then I will try hard to stay awake.

M

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations TICM!!! I was routing for you the entire time. To celebrate, you should start a new thread devoted to excessive sarcasm, extreme witticsim, and general insubordination of all authority. It will be a celebration of free thought and will. We will it TICMism... the new world revolution.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
bosco said:
I'm all for TICMism...let's do it!

Yes he's OK. Knows how to get to the core of a concept without all the frills of verbiage. I'd say he was either a college professor, or a butcher. Knows how to cut to the bone. Still I wish he would put on a shirt and comb his hair. He's frightening the children. <lol>

M

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well- lets say by following up on a old treasure map or treasure tale you come to "the spot" where the loot most likely is buried at but now you now need the landowners permission to get at it "legally" -- however lets say you do not know exactly where the property lies at and thus who owns it -- well theres always GPS to give you the "cords" where you are at ---and once you got "the cords " than there is the local land tax office to see exactly where those cords are located at and who owns that peice of land.-- and that is how one tracks down the landowner to get the "legal ok" --most land owner folks will want at least 50% -- with them getting 50% and the hunter getting 50%( to split as they choose to ) -- if the "strike" is going to be big enough* make sure draw up the legal split agreement in writing .

the 2/3 rds -- 66 % vs 50% is 16% differance -- 8% per hunting partner * if the deal is big enough - the strike even at 25% per partner should yeild enough money to be worth while --but hey --with some folks --its my way or no way -- personally I'd rather have 25% of something than 33% of nothing. --but thats just me --remember its their land and they got the upper hand (go on their land illegally and you could be arrested or even shot maybe) now that they know there is something of value on their land --they too can start "researching"their lands past and maybe cut a 50 /50 or better deal with someone else to hunt the valuible items down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Ivan, I do get your point, but to reverse search, that is to start with their land and look for the treasure story is next to impossible. It was extremely hard to tie the story to there land. In the end I think it is going to be a hand print-2_edited-6.jpg matter of us going up there again and pounding on his door. lol Frank

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:
... matter of us going up there again and pounding on his door. lol Frank

Weather is getting better, yes the time is right for a personal contact. A sit down across the table in a quiet restaurant works wonders in even the most difficult business deals. Preface with small talk so everyone gets to know a bit about each other.

If the land owner agrees to a meeting he won't do it to just flatly turn you down. He will be at least open and curious. Remember the old Fuller Brush sales guys? Foot in the door is step one.

M

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Robert, you are back with another White Post which is devoid of content as usual.

ticm, don't knock it , if you had not fallen asleep you would have had 1K hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, just go see the guy!! Nothing could be more simple. He has already turned you down several times, by not answering your spam. The only thing he can do now, is slam the door in your face. And dont try that "butter him up" tactic, its not going to work. What if you went to buy a car, and the salesman took you out to dinner, what would you think of that? He is not answering your mail, and he is not going to sit in a quiet restaurant with you. Visit him and see if you can make a deal, and bring your partner too. No one wants to deal with an "unknown partner". If you cant make a deal, then just hope the cache is on the other land, and go make a deal with him, face to face, not with spam mail.

Sorry Frankn, its you that screwed this deal up, not the LO. Its kinda like your partner here on the forum, he tried to pretend that he wasnt your partner, then he is your partner, what was the object of trying to fool the TN members? Looks like some silly games. Maybe the LO also sees this as some kind of game, and he doesn't want to play. Even the members that are posting here are taking your "offer" as a joke, trying to get to #1000, not even talking about an offer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread