The Offer

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, just go see the guy!! Nothing could be more simple. He has already turned you down several times, by not answering your spam. The only thing he can do now, is slam the door in your face. And dont try that "butter him up" tactic, its not going to work. What if you went to buy a car, and the salesman took you out to dinner, what would you think of that? He is not answering your mail, and he is not going to sit in a quiet restaurant with you. Visit him and see if you can make a deal, and bring your partner too. No one wants to deal with an "unknown partner". If you cant make a deal, then just hope the cache is on the other land, and go make a deal with him, face to face, not with spam mail.

Sorry Frankn, its you that screwed this deal up, not the LO. Its kinda like your partner here on the forum, he tried to pretend that he wasnt your partner, then he is your partner, what was the object of trying to fool the TN members? Looks like some silly games. Maybe the LO also sees this as some kind of game, and he doesn't want to play. Even the members that are posting here are taking your "offer" as a joke, trying to get to #1000, not even talking about an offer.
I see some of your perspective, i take frankns original post serious and it has evolved. I still maintain that while others would do different its for he and his partner to deal with how they will. They make no more or less if we grit our teeth. Would like to pester them about it,but if not in fun what's the purpose.?
Yes it was fun teasing about post 1000 but mostly its killing time waiting for development on "the offer". We can let it go, just leave it. I won,t.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There will never be world peace. Certain factions have been fighting since day one and it will never stop over there.

Yes the original post is serious and it's intent was to glean opinions, but I also enjoy the light side too. hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ticm, well, at least you are honest! hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
GoGo, I think you missed the boat. hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold Maven said:
don't make me read 1,000 posts....where are u at on this, Frankn?

We might have to wait for the book to come out. Silence may be an indicator that "somebody" is getting close to the gold. The mystery continues.

M

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Gold Maven, LO #1 made 50/50 offer. We sent permission/agreement papers. We are waiting. The fun in cache hunting is when you get a big break in stalled research and when you look in the hole and see that bright reflection. The rest is work and wait. hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We might have to wait for the book to come out. Silence may be an indicator that "somebody" is getting close to the gold. The mystery continues.

M
"Close" is a relative term. This one will always remain a mystery, regardless of the eventual outcome.

The original post to this thread was "The Offer" of a 1/3 each split of a possible cache on a landowners property. More to the point, whether or not the landowner would accept that 1/3 cut. This was answered in the original post by Frankn, the answer was... he wants a 50-50 split. Frankn then sent another email explaining the time and effort (and now money mentioned later in the thread) spent researching this cache and why he should be entitled to a three way even split. The landowner obviously did not accept this offer.
Flash forward 6 months and 810 replies later and you have frankn and his partner "reconsidering" the 50/50 offer from the landowner. What a joke. The guy obviously wants nothing to do with you or your partner now, as evidenced by the lack of response from him. Yet here we are still discussing this moot point. You obviously insulted him with your "rebuttal" letter of why you should be entitled to 2/3's of the cache, then you crawl back to him 6 months later and say you'll agree to his offer of 50/50? That's laughable at best and sad too. Sorry frankn but you blew it.

I hope i'm wrong because I sincerely wish you the best and hope you do dig up riches, but in the long run we will never know anyway, which was my original point in this rambling.

Last edited:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
How about a new approach? Offer land owner $500 to get in to search. If you find nothing, he keeps the five bills. If you discover something of value greater than 500, then the 50/50 deal is active. He gives back the 500.

M

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't figure out why the hell this has been so difficult to come to an agreement on. But, it got over a 1000. So, there's that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions