OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Moonrover, I am not a gambler. If I found nothing, I am out $500. If I found the cache I could care less about the $500.

Themarkd, Some things in life never seam hand print-2_edited-6.jpg to end.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Allright frankn, were the landowner(s) to accept and signs/marks found, what equipment and techniques would come into play. And how much privacy would yous have?. If you please ,no obligation it could wait or not be discussed.
Am guessing a two box coming into play when your close?.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Releventchair, Good question! As far as privacy, that is up to the land owner, but I will be staying in my MH on the property so I can't picture it being 24/7 shadowing. The first day, I would walk the property looking for details like markings and noting terrain. That night I would be in the motor home going over the several versions of the treasure story and trying to match descriptions in the stories with actual land contours. I would pick the most likely spot and concentrate my efforts there the next day using my 2 Box in the most likely spots there. I am not much on gridding except for a last ditch effort.
My partner will be there with me and my pittbull will watch out for the MH and me. Frank

300MH.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes sense,thanks. I like the MH for base of operations,mobile,organized and less set up tear down. H.H.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have covered your license plate. Wow rookie mistake.

And put tape over deers?eyes. Also check rear bumper for glued on beercan, tailpipe for potato. Let someone else start it up. Reverse plates(flipover)type. Wipe all prints,wear gloves. Wear sunglasses and hat. Add mobile pet grooming signs ea. Side. Beware retired l.o..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Those tags are canceled. I have new tags. Here's one for you. If you get a parking ticket with a big fine, report your tags stolen and get new ones. This breaks the connection between the old tags and you. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg PS those are Elk. They were all over the place along with the rattlesnakes. I was checking out the Dents Run gold bars in PA which turned out to be a hoax.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Should have known from color,first guess was horse.(eyes shot?).ahh yes,hidden gold. There are tales!. And gold.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well here's what some of you have been waiting for. I admit I made a mistake. I figured the value of coins using the spot price. Now I just read about the Odyssey recovery from the SS Republic. Some of the $20 gold Morgans were valued at $30,000 & $50,000 EACH. The average value of the rest was $10,000 EACH. What this means is if they buried $150,000 in $20 Morgans, the cach value is actually $75,000,000. I got to go up there and talk to them. Frank

Attachments

• coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg
    coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 103

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Give em the old razzle dazzle em. Flam and flutter them. Show up with a bottle of McCallen's 12year and you will be digging by the next morning. The land owner is waiting for you to give him a reason to like you. We are all children of a lesser God...the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequaties of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Let us sheppard the weak through the Valley of Darkness, for we are truly our Brother's Keeper and the finder of lost men. However, I will strike down upon thee with great vengance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destory my brothers. You will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengance upon thee...

Fake left, go right, you have nothing to lose.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We all make mistakes. I would like to see a cache recovered to your benefit. Which your error would also be. As mentioned before so many tries per so many recoveries. Sure it would be great for you(s) to hit big.., just wishing you the satisfaction of sorting out another one announced or not. If you get this one wrapped and need critique just holler.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay, I am not a coin expert! I looked at the Odyssey story again and it shows an 1853 gold coin they called the Double Eagle.
It is similar to an 1854 coin I have from another find. I thought they were a Morgan design, but as I said I am far from a coin expert. Have to get a good coin book, any suggestions?

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 396

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have a coin price book. Probably would not be current anyway. Prices float so much. I use the internet. Dozens of web pages devoted to coin valuations.

Just looked at pre-1915 gold $20 coins and the run-of-the-mill price seems to teeter around $2000 to $2100. Roughly $500 above melt. Obviously there are key dates that garner prices many times that however. My purchased gold coin collection is mostly melt value plus. Got lucky years back and nailed some key dates, but to get one now at bulk price would be a miracle.

Supposition: there are 7500 gold $20 pre-1915 coins in a cache ... expectation is to get at least the melt value plus $500 each. Total take as a base expectation is $15.75mil. Sweeten that with the unknown but hoped for ... key date coins ... and ... party time on the yacht. Big boobed gals are invited ... IRS is not.

M

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1213 red book is the number one selling coin guide for the united states. It has a ton of info in it . You can get them for 10-13 bucks

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Where can I get one of those? Kentucky Kache needs one so he can follow the conversation. George T. Morgan was the
designer of the silver dollar coins used from 1878-1921. James B. Longacre was designer of $20 gold coins used from 1849-
1907. Big wheels keep on turning.

K

Kentucky Kache

Where can I get one of those? Kentucky Kache needs one so he can follow the conversation. George T. Morgan was the
designer of the silver dollar coins used from 1878-1921. James B. Longacre was designer of $20 gold coins used from 1849-
1907. Big wheels keep on turning.

I've followed close enough to have you pegged pretty well.

BTW, you can get the Red book off Ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread