The Offer

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have no choice, take the 50-50 deal. There are some land owners who want more then 50% which is not fair to us treasure hunters. Good luck.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Nickmarch, I am curious. You like to play the critic. But you realize, don't you, most critics can't act? Frank

Attachments

• rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 94

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in & I will help. 1/4 for each of us. Think he will go for that?

Oh that's right he wants 50% of his property. Oh well just my luck!

Gambonian

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2010
Oh yes there are two lots that it could be on next to each other. I had even offered to split it 4 ways so that each land owner would get 1/4 no matter which lot it was found on.

Can't believe I read this whole thread in one sitting :laughing7:

Now on to my query.

From what I have read and with the quote above it seems it really did just boil down to you not wanting the owner to get more that you.

He offered a 50/50 split which worked out to 1/2 for him, 1/4 for your partner and 1/4 for you. That wasn't acceptable to you.
In the post that the quote was from (#543) you offered a 4 way split which made the deal 1/4 for him, 1/4 for the second lot owner, 1/4 for your partner and 1/4 for you and this was perfectly acceptable. Which the only difference is he never got any more than you, but you still never got anymore than you would have in his original deal. So was all this just so as to not have a smaller amount than anyone else.
Also, you now have reduced to 1/4 the share of the person you said wouldn't do it for less than 1/2 which is even less that the 1/3 of your previous offer.

That said I am curious how all of this is going to work out. keep posting....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're lucky he didn't want to go 60/40. Don't be greedy. 50/50 is a good deal. He now owns 100% of what's there.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Gamboniam, You have been a member since 2010. that means it took you 1 year to find this post. Need I say more? lol
Kidding aside, all business men want to make as much as possible, but in the back of there mines they set a reasonable split based on the amount of time, effort and money each has contributed. In my mine that was the 1/3 split. in bargaining you sometimes come to realize that the other party just has a # planted in his head and will not base the amount on actual effort involved. At this point you either walk or settle for a lower amount. I am at this point.
There is also a problem with the story that has cropped up and it can only be reconciled on location. That is the next step.

Fix, his problem is he doesn't know where his 100% is or even if there is a 100%. That's where I come in. I can fix that problem for a price. In effect, he now owns 100% of nothing. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 317

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Frank you assume this guy you will have to deal with is a resonable law-abiding citizen. What if he's a stone cold methhead
who figures you're trying to #crew him and is just waiting for you to show up so he can bury you out back.

Gambonian

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2010
Gamboniam, You have been a member since 2010. that means it took you 1 year to find this post. Need I say more? lol
Kidding aside, all business men want to make as much as possible, but in the back of there mines they set a reasonable split based on the amount of time, effort and money each has contributed. In my mine that was the 1/3 split. in bargaining you sometimes come to realize that the other party just has a # planted in his head and will not base the amount on actual effort involved. At this point you either walk or settle for a lower amount. I am at this point.
There is also a problem with the story that has cropped up and it can only be reconciled on location. That is the next step.

Fix, his problem is he doesn't know where his 100% is or even if there is a 100%. That's where I come in. I can fix that problem for a price. In effect, he now owns 100% of nothing. Frank

I am not on here that often and when I did come on I usually got drawn to the Yamas-h-i-t-a treasure thread. I think some of the comments in there made some of the ones in here look tame.
This thread was open and up to date so I don't think it matters how long it took me to make a post in it as long as it was relevant and valid.
That being said I can see your point of if two people dig in their heels waiting for the other side to give in, negotiations can carry on for a very long time.

I hope everything works out for you in the end and if you do discover what you hope is there I also hope for your sake we don't hear about it. I think it would be a huge headache for you and everyone involved if word got out of such a huge find.

(You can keep us in the loop on if you get to search or not, but what you find should be between you and those involved) :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lastleg, That is what's known as breaks of the game. Besides, I always carry 2 guns on the motorhome. That means there is 1 in the motorhome when I am not in it if you know what I mean.

Releventchair, That's the best comeback I have heard in a long time! Do you think he would consider that? lol

Gombaniam, Well I look at it this way, If I find an empty hole- I will let you know, If I can't locate the cache site- I will give you the details on the story, If I find the cache-

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
May have been a time before so many responsibilities ,but it would have been a six beer job.

catch

Nov 1, 2012
PONCA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you would have agreed to the 50/50 split you would have the cache in hand by now!!! Seems to me that everybody is losing here. You say time is not of the essence but none of us are getting any younger and the cache is not gonna unbury itself. I would make the deal and gett'er done.

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been months since I looked at this thread, yet Frankn still has no zillion dollar cache, he still values his time more than a million sheckels, and the consensus says that Frankn should have taken the cache holder up on his offer long ago and be done with it. A year from now, there will still be no resolution. That about sum it up?

What a sad and lonely life some folks lead.............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been months since I looked at this thread, yet Frankn still has no zillion dollar cache, he still values his time more than a million sheckels, and the consensus says that Frankn should have taken the cache holder up on his offer long ago and be done with it. A year from now, there will still be no resolution. That about sum it up?

Robert consider this a pre-warning, obey our rules,no personal attacks or insults on any member.

K

Kentucky Kache

I agree that Frankn should have taken the deal, but do you have to make personal attacks to get your point across?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay, even I am thinking I should have taken the deal. There is snow on the ground up there now. As far as that sad and lonely life, forget that thought. My one son lives with me and the 3 dogs and 13 cats. I guess that cancels out lonely. I just went to DE after sandy went thru and found a coin. Can any one identify it. Jeff found a similar 1840 coin. Looks like it may be German. There was a Dutch settlement there once. Frank
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: It's been identified. It is a German coin minted between 1732 and 1774 during the time of Louis XV. It bears the mark of the "engraver" IAD which stands for Johann Albert Dorn. During that time period in Germany, the I & J were interchangeable in the German language.

Attachments

• sandy 2012-4.jpg
    sandy 2012-4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 89
  • sandy 2012-3.jpg
    sandy 2012-3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 98
  • sandy 2012-2.jpg
    sandy 2012-2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 101
  • sandy 2012-1.jpg
    sandy 2012-1.jpg