Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with you Frankn! You did the work, you can walk and let him sweat, if it means little to you, I have little respect for someone that wants to make big profit for little effort.

That being said, You would receive 8% less apiece, (you and your partner), that does not seem like that much less. Maybe you could get the person with the biggest share to fund the backhoe rental, lunches, or possibly even the Gratuitous quantities of beer it will take to lube the joints each day in your toils?

Good luck in your endeavors. I love walking away from ungrateful people myself. But I am kind of a jerk (in my own lovable way)!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Spart, Is that the kings fifth or Wild Turkey ? We both enjoy it because we both understand each other. I usually go for the midline scenario. No matter how it turns out I am always at least 1/2 right.

Poor hunter, I only like the banana ones so we are all right.

Dogpound you forgot the greed factor.

Calisdad, Yes, but only if the dogs do all the diggin.

Nuggets, Like glue

Dave 44, It's probably less than 2' down and I know all the markers. I don't drink beer, but many pounds of French Roast will vanish. When I work a cache, I stay on site with my MH so the meals will be great and cheap.

Frank

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
9 days since your 1st post of the offer,not much time has passed,but in
55 days it will be spring 3/20/12 so....

i think if the LO hasnt responded in 20 more days i would check up on the offer
20 more days would make 30 days,and a month give or take a day,seems like a
reasonable amount of time,for the LO to mull over the offer,and if his response
is still 50/50 and you say no,or if he says no looking at all,,i would bet he is
trying to investigate the cache,and he prob will investigate and search, until
fall/winter and prob without finding it.
by then he may come around to your offer,as you say time is on your side, even
though you may not get to look until spring of 2013,and i wouldnt give him any
more info on the cache,only that you have been successful in the past,if he dont
bite,oh well there are more cache to be found,if he doest lose your addy,someday
he may see it your way,and give you a buzz
luck and HH

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
cw0909, I sent my card with the first offer. I have no doubt that he has it on file. There are many factors involved here that I won't mention for obvious reasons. If I don't get a reply from him before spring, I will repeat the same offer with more motivators and then let it ride. As I mentioned, I have other projects with higher monetary incentives. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
SUMMARY TIME
Here's what we have so far. I think Sam8 must be a pro at this. His logic line is the closest to what is actually happening. This is basically the logic line.
-Disbelief
-greed and distrust
-validate and build trust
-Greed should fade with trust
Well The disbelief only lasted a few days followed by greed and apparently a touch of distrust. The distrust is the hard part to overcome. I will try to overcome this by sharing a little info about the actual form of the cache.

The story gets a little complicated as I realize the location marker for the cache is not on this property. Boundary lines change over time as property is subdivided so I might have to deal with two property owners.
This week, my partner and I have both been burning up our computers on research and utilizing out side research help. I am about to present an offer to the other property owner. It will be a i/3 split offer same as the other. It's amazing how the onion layers build up. Frank

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complicated isn't the word for this hunt, insanity is.. That coupled with some poor math :laughing7:

Let's see, the cache may be on landowners #1 property, and the markers are on landowners #2 and yet you will make another 1/3 offer to the second landowner.. :icon_scratch:

OK I get it, it's like saying that I'm 1/2 Greek, 1/2 German, 1/2 Irish and the last 1/2 is English :laughing9:

If I were you, I'd drop this hunt for a bit and regroup your thought's. After all, you have larger fish to fry :thumbsup:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait..... if you have to involve the other neighbor to use his property to find the cache on the first property, doesn't that make this a 1/4 split all the way around (since you insist that every person involved gets an equal share?)

What share are you planning to give to the members here who have helped you in your decision making? You did come ask for input didnt you?

Edit- Sparticus beat me to the post!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid, you will learn you have to get up pretty early in the morning to slip one past me :laughing7:

That and I'm up all night :laughing9:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok...I'm reading between the lines here but I assume this is what Frankn is saying...please confirm when you get a chance.

He is not sure if the actual cache is on contestant #1 land or contestant #2s land. So he will make the offer of a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 offer to both and depending on where it is located then that land owner gets the 1/3. The nice thing about the dual offer is that if markers are on one persons land and the cache is on the other and they both accept the offer to split the cache depending on where it is found then Frankn gets free access to the marker even if it is not on the current cache property.

If I'm mistaken and Frankn is just offering everyone 1/3 no matter what then it is insane but although I don't always agree with Frankn I know he thinks things through.

Good luck

NJ

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
spart it's always easier to give up, but more rewarding to stick with it. The math looks good when you know the whole story. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
N.J. Hunter. Your assumption is correct. The agreements will clearly state a split if the cache is found on their property. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well Jason, I see you don't understand a split, And you were the only one here with his hand out. Does that tell something about you? Frank

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Well Jason, I see you don't understand a split, And you were the only one here with his hand out. Does that tell something about you? Frank

LOL I don't have my hand out, and wouldn't dream of taking any of your imaginary cache. I'm just stating a point. You say you want everything equal, as long your part is more equal.

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
I would think the fellow that would pay 10 grand to someone to search for treasure on his property based on a phone call and email of a complete stranger would be nuts.

I made this post after only looking at the first page didn't realize there was a second page.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Jason, your "thinking" truly defies logic ! If I am getting the same amount as the land owner And I have to put out over $15,000 in expenses and the land owner has to put out nothing, How do you figure my part is more equal. Lets hear it Jason. You have my curiosity up. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well it's moving along. I just posted an offer to the 2nd land owner. It is the same as the 1/3 offer to the other land owner, but I tried to explain the searching expenses a little better. I will let you know if I get a reply. Frank

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:
SUMMARY TIME
Here's what we have so far. I think Sam8 must be a pro at this. His logic line is the closest to what is actually happening. This is basically the logic line.
-Disbelief
-greed and distrust
-validate and build trust
-Greed should fade with trust
Well The disbelief only lasted a few days followed by greed and apparently a touch of distrust. The distrust is the hard part to overcome. I will try to overcome this by sharing a little info about the actual form of the cache.
To me it is all GREED ..... Every one wants more landowner wants more and you want more..... GREED...GREED & more GREED..............

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
But keppy I don't want more. I want the same amount as the land owner. As far as all greed, do you work for nothing? Frank

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
There is no value to anything beneath the surface of the Earth until it is found and extracted and sold. If there was any value to it the gov would have found a way to tax it. Frank's quest is what I consider a wildcat play and a wildcat play is iffie. I am big oil and small oil at the same time, as defined by who I am working for. Giving someone 150 grand ain't nothing to me. Many folks don't trust me and I can understand their point of view but the chances of monetary compensation busts the trust factor. I find that the like me factor is more important than the trust me factor. The way I look at it is that greed comes into play but negotiations levels the playing field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread