Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 10 of 135 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Like Tree403Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn's treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2013
    Roswell, New Mexico
    Garrett GTI 2500 BH Elite 2200
    81 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by themarkd View Post
    Sorry. Shameless promotion. I don't know the legalities, but there's a difference of ownership based on "buried vs hidden". In NM, at least, if you uncover something buried on public land, it belongs to the State (or Fed). He makes it very clear it is NOT buried, for whatever it's worth. But he's also known to creep right up next to the edge of the law and is very astute when it comes to "legal technicalities".
    You can apply for a Treasure Trove permit

us
    Mar 2013
    albuquerque
    9 times
    Just heard about this the other day....gonna whoop some ass in the next week when i get out ther...whos with me? I live in abq 30 min away...get at me. lets carpool and do this. I am taking gis and topographical classes as a part of degree as well....might come in handy.....

Mar 2013
    Hi I'm Leonie, a student at the University of Central Lancashire, UK. As part of an assignment I have been looking into the Forrest Fenn story. I was hoping to get some of your views on the subject and ask some questions to those that are actually searching for the treasure. If you are up for answering some of these questions could you please leave a response on this forum or email me at leoniewhitehead@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks
    Leonie Whitehead

us
    Mar 2013
    albuquerque
    9 times
    Hey (markd) Are you positive he told you the kids could go walk up to it and get it?

us
    Mar 2013
    albuquerque
    9 times
    Lets do it nicko.

us
    Nov 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigs777 View Post
    Hey (markd) Are you positive he told you the kids could go walk up to it and get it?
    If a man in his 70's can get there, a child can get there.

us
    John

Sep 2012
    Grundy VA
    Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
    191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkle View Post
    If a man in his 70's can get there, a child can get there.
    My old man is 74 and in better condition than i am,He went through chemo in early 2002 to boot,Dont let the age of some ppl who led an active life fool you,We have hiked into places that most younger guys would fear to tread.
    Tnmountains and mical66 like this.
    We all know jesus rode a shovelhead,Thats why he walked everywhere he went!!!

us
    Mar 2013
    albuquerque
    9 times
    well keep in mind the 40 pounds.... cant be that death taking.....

us
    John

Sep 2012
    Grundy VA
    Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
    191 times
    On another note,Forest is currently being investigated by The FBI for grave robbing and other horrendous acts,He claims the investigation is over but who really knows,The feds also executed a raid on his home a year or two back,There is a very likely chance that what he claims is within the box is exactly what is in there,But be careful because if you do find it,Its likely it will become the property of the feds instead of the finder. There is alot of information about this mans legal issues that could in fact help narrow down some places he has visited admittedly and see if any of those would coincide with clues you may have worked out from the poem,Which is included below:

Where the Treasure Lies
    By Forrest Fenn

As I have gone alone in there
    And with my treasures bold,
    I can keep my secret where,
    And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
    And take it in the canyon down,
    Not far, but too far to walk,
    Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
    The end is ever drawing nigh;
    There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
    Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
    Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
    But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
    Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
    And leave my trove for all to seek?
    The answers I already know,
    I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
    Your effort will be worth the cold.
    If you are brave and in the wood
    I give you title to the gold.

Edit:This poem contains 9 clues,He gave the tenth clue in person on the TODAY show and you can view it here http://todaynews.today.com/_news/201...-treasure?lite
    Last edited by LuckyThirteen08; Mar 02, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
    We all know jesus rode a shovelhead,Thats why he walked everywhere he went!!!

Dec 2006
    337 times
    Originally Posted by cw0909
    what, no clues,as in not yet maybe a clue later,does he want someone to find them? or its one of those
    maybe someday they will get dug and yea,i found a bell
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkle View Post
    The bells are really well outlined in the book -- basically a random thing separate from the cache.
    i thought markd might be talking about dif bells thanks

a clue a month, wonder why
    New clue revealed in hunt for hidden treasure worth millions - TODAY News
    Last edited by cw0909; Mar 02, 2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: couldnt embed vid

Dec 2006
    337 times
    clue 5000 feet above sea level,includes santa fe

Geography
    According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 37.4 square miles (96.9 km2), of which, 37.3 square miles (96.7 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.2 km2) of it (0.21%) is water.Santa Fe is located at 7,199 feet (2134 m) above sea level, making it the highest state capital in the United States.[18]
    Santa Fe, New Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

us
    Nov 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyThirteen08 View Post

My old man is 74 and in better condition than i am,He went through chemo in early 2002 to boot,Dont let the age of some ppl who led an active life fool you,We have hiked into places that most younger guys would fear to tread.
    Fair enough

us
    Mar 2013
    NE Indy
    Whites DFX/Garrett Pro-Pointer
    Metal Detecting
    Last I heard he said the treasure is North of Santa Fe. And said not neccesarily in New Mexico, that Canada is North of Santa Fe.
    Marriage... The number one cause of divorce.

us
    U.S. Treasures

Apr 2012
    Wyoming
    Whites XLT Spectrum, Minelab Xterra 705, Whites TM808, Bounty Hunter, Si Go by Fitz L Rods
    22 times
    Does anyone realize that within that poem there are at the least 16 clues? So of them 16 which ones are significant? And beginning where warm waters halt? Well if there is no water, warm water halts. If there is a spring that runs into a creek, warm waters halt. It does not say hot waters, so do not think he means hot springs. Hot is defined at above body temperature, warm is above 50 degrees, so that clue in itself is the biggest one to figure out for sure. Warm waters halt when there is none. So it also fits the no paddle up your creek.... No water... Home of Brown? Ya think he really meant home of Browne.... same meaning just spelled different. He is quite a clever man but I think I figured it out... Also the brave and in the woods.. Well figuratively and physically in the woods. So really he means" in the woods".. in the woods. I believe there are hundreds of people searching and none are even close to the real location..
    deakin likes this.

us
    Nov 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote3 View Post
    Does anyone realize that within that poem there are at the least 16 clues? So of them 16 which ones are significant? And beginning where warm waters halt? Well if there is no water, warm water halts. If there is a spring that runs into a creek, warm waters halt. It does not say hot waters, so do not think he means hot springs. Hot is defined at above body temperature, warm is above 50 degrees, so that clue in itself is the biggest one to figure out for sure. Warm waters halt when there is none. So it also fits the no paddle up your creek.... No water... Home of Brown? Ya think he really meant home of Browne.... same meaning just spelled different. He is quite a clever man but I think I figured it out... Also the brave and in the woods.. Well figuratively and physically in the woods. So really he means" in the woods".. in the woods. I believe there are hundreds of people searching and none are even close to the real location..
    Let me know if you find it

Rough area where you think it is?

Page 10 of 135 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Sponsors