Forrest Fenn s treasure

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Looks like the old children's game of follow the dots, only this one has gone terribly wrong.
I got to tell you Fenn's, at 80 something, only motive is to sell books, not give money away.
It's OK as entertainment, but it's like trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle with many pieces missing.
There's an old saying, Fools must play! Yes that includes me in the past, but as most get older, they get wiser.
Frank five star.png
111-2 700.jpg 111-2 de Vinci.jpg Yes, you really do.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Bloodline AKA lyndale,long time no see, do you remember me from tweleve
hey i think FF is just a guy that hid some gold, and wanted a lasting legacy,
he thought he was dying at the time ive known a couple of people that have
stared their mortality in the face, and have had some kind of something, not
sure what to call it, they felt the need to leave their mark,and i think FF is too
his poem treasure legacy mark, i dont think it is about connecting dot/lines to
make ? for........
but what do i know JMO

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bloodline AKA lyndale,long time no see, do you remember me from tweleve
hey i think FF is just a guy that hid some gold, and wanted a lasting legacy,
he thought he was dying at the time ive known a couple of people that have
stared their mortality in the face, and have had some kind of something, not
sure what to call it, they felt the need to leave their mark,and i think FF is too
his poem treasure legacy mark, i dont think it is about connecting dot/lines to
make ? for........
but what do i know JMO

:censored:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You need to have this to understand and use the above.

View attachment 1091946 View attachment 1091947 View attachment 1091948 View attachment 1091949 View attachment 1091950 View attachment 1091951 View attachment 1091952

Not easy but correct. It's a very very very long path of clues. I would be bankrupt 100x's over if I took off each time I thought I found the location, so take some good advice...save your money, take your time.

Let us know when you put an X between the dots and pull out a chest! Frank five star.png 6 06-1 Yellowstone 103-1.jpg

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Money Pit, part two.

I don't believe it exists. This is not to say it was out there at some period. It could have been found and not claimed due to tax or Federal / State claims concerens. Or, Forrest may have eventually felt the clues were too easy ("people have come close to it") and recovered it himself. It would be very difficult to change the story now. There are some really smart people who have devoted a wealth of time, money and energy to find the treasure --just like the Money Pit.

I hope it's there and some lucky person finds it, but I have serious doubts.

I also wonder why there were no pictures taken of the treasue before it was hidden?

C.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Merry Christmas all!!!

Thats quite a mouthful to chew on bloodline. A bit too much for my thoughts. IMHO. My interpretation of the 9 clues isn't anywhere as complicated as yours is. I guess if you pick any letter you could make it say what you want. The end area where the blaze is to be found is the part that has me hiking around more than I want to. The book "shows" me exactly what state the chest is in and all can see "it" if you can look at things in the correct way. I admire the tenacity! nvradar

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My question is, what if you do find Forrest Gumps Treasure, do you get too keep it, or can his estate lay claim to ownership of it and snatch it back from you ?

Er, you don't even know his correct name, even though it's in the message topic? Seriously, that's..... spooky.

Mr. Fenn's estate does not own the hidden treasure chest: the idiot law states that the USA government does. I have discussed the issue with Forrest a few times, and he has said (many times) that ownership of the treasure is up to the finder regarding how the word is defined. Forrest merely hid the treasure, and has left *EVERYTHING* about the finding and the ownership up to the finder. The USA government claimed that the treasure is "abandoned," and therefore it belongs to the USA government. The treasure of course has not been abandoned: it has been hidden, with no intent upon the hider to recover. Ownership therefore belongs to the lawyers.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I mean't to say Fenn not Gump. I stand corrected. It figures the Government wants to lay claim to it. It would not be an old enough treasure to be a historical one, but I guess the Government wants its greasy paws on iy anyway.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
It's a contest to see who gets it first. So what can they say about a contest? Well..... nothing when you keep it to yourself.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is really cute. I can say I live in Albuquerque, like the guy who lives out of the country, but I know where the treasure is located, and all of you who may have an interest in it are wrong because only I know where it is. None of you know where the starting point is, but I do, even though I live out of the country (or Albuquerque) and you live close by. You all are soliciting me for answers, phishing, but I know where to go, but for some unknown reason I'm not going to go find this treasure of over a million dollars because I want you to build my ego and you think I know the answer. Keep asking me questions, and I will tell you no lies. If none of you get off your duffs and into the field you will never find what it has taken up to 136 pages of computer digits to make. If you knew where it is you certainly wouldn't be talking about it.

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read between the lines. Ever heard that statement? I've read Fenn's books and why people get so far out over the clues is beyond me. I see how we can get misconstrued with all the possibilities. We should just Relax, use a gis map and hi-light his words throughout the book, then put the pieces together and listen to his words. Ever hear his interviews? He's as calm as a "slow moving mountain stream." I visited the Santa Fe area for a week during Thanksgiving, and being lucky on the weather I did some nearby exploring. I sure can't wait to return this "Summer" as the water was too cold to "Finish" my find. Still not ready to say what I found but getting local knowledge sure seemed quite helpful...Did you know any natural water aqueduct is unclaimable? In 1796, in a law governing territory that would become future states, Congress again declared that “all the navigable rivers, creeks, and waters” within the territory “shall be deemed to be and remain public highways.” Hmmm, so who's treasure is it?

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday I gave yet another video interview about the Fenn treasure. People are still interested enough to make TV shows and even a new movie (yet to be released) about the subject.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is really cute. I can say I live in Albuquerque, like the guy who lives out of the country, but I know where the treasure is located, and all of you who may have an interest in it are wrong because only I know where it is. None of you know where the starting point is, but I do, even though I live out of the country (or Albuquerque) and you live close by. You all are soliciting me for answers, phishing, but I know where to go, but for some unknown reason I'm not going to go find this treasure of over a million dollars because I want you to build my ego and you think I know the answer. Keep asking me questions, and I will tell you no lies. If none of you get off your duffs and into the field you will never find what it has taken up to 136 pages of computer digits to make. If you knew where it is you certainly wouldn't be talking about it.

I wish I had a fin for every time someone told me she or he knows where the Forrest Fenn treasure is hidden.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at it for about a hour. Stop at every clue and figure if there really is a treasure I know where I would look. Since I'm about 400 miles away, I'm not burning a few tanks of gas on a hunch.

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Hello All,
Been a while since I checked in here at the FF thread. Wondering if anyone has figured out what is going on at the countdown website: www.wherewarmwatershalt.com ??? Seems like it has changed a little bit here and there with graphics, but still is a mystery as to who hosts it, what its purpose is, and whether it has any relevance at all to FF's hidden treasure. Any thoughts on that...?
HH
-spyguy

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets ride......the blaze and the chest are waiting

View attachment 1090467

Going there this spring.......you guys coming fishing?

Wherewarmwatershalt.com has changed a good bit...hint hint

The new phrase that is recorded says, "What can you tell me of the Shadow, does the Shadow know? The Shadow may know, but does the Shadow Point the way?"

Id say take a look......does this look like the shadow of a box set up on the rock in the center of the blaze>?

View attachment 1109781 View attachment 1109782

Just look at the bronze runoff coloring the rock.....obvious in the color adjustment and it shows the 'Shadow' perfectly.....

I know you are watching Forrest......LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread