Forrest Fenn s treasure

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Body Home?

To my mind Fenn uses the word "home" as a metaphor from something else. Brown is used as a surname as opposed to a color. Fenn has said that where the chest lies is NOT associated with a structure.
The word house and home are associated by many if not most with a structure.

"Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey."
tad williams

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Brown is a Bigfoot.

2014-07-02 22_33_16-Tour Guide.jpg

Big enough for you?

rich99ard

Greenie
Jul 16, 2015
Alberta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO 'Brown' is a proper noun and relates another part of the poem -- I believe the trick to this poem is to carefully look at the syntax of every word, including grammar.

Also, I believe it's wise to keep in mind what's relative - for example 'too far to walk' is relative - distances which are 'too far' are different for everyone (some days it's too far for me to walk to the mail box lol) -- so what would 'too far to walk' represent? possibly it's the answer to the riddle: 'why do birds fly south in the winter?' -- remember, Fenn said to show the poem to a child :skullflag:

Last edited:

rich99ard

Greenie
Jul 16, 2015
Alberta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hobo,

yep, I have read it. I also have learned that the original distance he was going to put into the book was less than 10 miles. He initially used approx 8 miles but that was as the crow flies - not the actual river distance. it was pointed out to him so he changed it. also, Forrest has said that other than the map and the poem nothing was intentionally put in the books as a hint or a clue.

If you read the book he mentions in THOTC you should know how far to walk is.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
FF has said many things and not one make clear sense to anyone but him. He said his mind stays around 13 years of age. I know what I was thinking at that age!! lol. I don't think he wrote the poem in that mindset,probably more the pilot mind with the trickster mixed together. YIKES!! At least my understanding of the poem tells me that...in part. Word meanings,new and old. Double meanings. I will soon have an advantage over most!....doesn't that drive you nuts?

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory.

FF was hiking while looking for a place to hide his chest and took a leak in the woods, this is the 'where warm waters halt is'. He was getting weak and tired and said screw this walking bs, these woods ain't no place for my meek bladder! He went back to his car and drove to the other/treasure spot. He then buried the treasure and took a dump on said location (below the home of Brown). Brown capitalized because it was important to FF because he felt so much better after he was done. This is why he says look quickly down because the smell is so bad. The blaze is a reference to the burning roids he had at the time and they were so bad that traces of his blood can be taken from the home of brown and his DNA tested to confirm the location before digging. That's why you have to be wise, to know to test the poop, otherwise you will be digging under every hiker that went number 2 in the woods. FF's DNA strand was posted on a website someplace. Your effort will be worth the cold. Yep you'll smell so bad you'll get lots of cold stares.

That's what the poem means if he wrote it in the mind of a 13 year old.

Last edited:

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory.

FF was hiking while looking for a place to hide his chest and took a leak in the woods, this is the 'where warm waters halt is'. He was getting weak and tired and said screw this walking bs, these woods ain't no place for my meek bladder! He went back to his car and drove to the other/treasure spot. He then buried the treasure and took a dump on said location (below the home of Brown). Brown capitalized because it was important to FF because he felt so much better after he was done. This is why he says look quickly down because the smell is so bad. The blaze is a reference to the burning roids he had at the time and they were so bad that traces of his blood can be taken from the home of brown and his DNA tested to confirm the location before digging. That's why you have to be wise, to know to test the poop, otherwise you will be digging under every hiker that went number 2 in the woods. FF's DNA strand was posted on a website someplace. Your effort will be worth the cold. Yep you'll smell so bad you'll get lots of cold stares.

That's what the poem means if he wrote it in the mind of a 13 year old.

How old are you, 9 or 10? LOL

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dodged a bullet there

Does this exchange seem similar to the exchange that the Tnet poster Frankn is said to have
experienced with Fenn when Frankn emailed Fenn his "solve"?

ttotc searcher Becky asks on Questions with Jenny Kyle site:
“Can the blaze be pre-determined by the poem or can it only be determined
at the search area?"
Becky

Fenn's reply to the Becky question:
Becky, you are a rascal to ask that question and I have been sitting here for about fifteen minutes
trying to decide what to say. Well, it has been thirty minutes now and I think I’ll pass on the question.
Sorry.f”

My SWAG is that Frankn was "on to something" As Becky was "on to something" and Fenn "dodged a bullet"..

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's hidden where I think it is, the blaze can be seen with Google maps easy, as it's a natural blaze/marker and I'm not talking about the thousands of downed trees in YNP that were burned down the same year FF was diagnosed with Cancer either. But since I'm not doing my search yet, there could be FF's own blaze that he added to the larger blaze that can be seen with google maps. The larger google sized blaze ties directly into another one of his clues. Or it could be a trail head blaze that makes it less walking distance, though I don't think he's referring to a trail head, since you can figure it out with google maps and putting the clues together. When I first started this poem riddle I was like what does this, this and this mean, where is that and that. Now all of his clues fit this one place and a few clues even have multiple meanings for the same chest location. I have 3-4 ideas on what the blaze is and they all work with the same area. There are clues that reinforce other clues.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
If it's hidden where I think it is, the blaze can be seen with Google maps easy, as it's a natural blaze/marker and I'm not talking about the thousands of downed trees in YNP that were burned down the same year FF was diagnosed with Cancer either. But since I'm not doing my search yet, there could be FF's own blaze that he added to the larger blaze that can be seen with google maps. The larger google sized blaze ties directly into another one of his clues. Or it could be a trail head blaze that makes it less walking distance, though I don't think he's referring to a trail head, since you can figure it out with google maps and putting the clues together. When I first started this poem riddle I was like what does this, this and this mean, where is that and that. Now all of his clues fit this one place and a few clues even have multiple meanings for the same chest location. I have 3-4 ideas on what the blaze is and they all work with the same area. There are clues that reinforce other clues.

Sounds like poo to me.I think you are on the right track!

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a couple of reasons he may have capitalized brown. One is so people know it refers to something other than the color brown. He also may have capitalized it just to make people waste their time on trying to over analyze why it's capitalized and make the poem more confusing than it needs to be. If it is in YNP he could have capitalized the work meek for Joe Meek, as Yellowstone was no place for that Meek either but that may have made the poem easier to solve than what FF wanted.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Yep one or the other........?

The way I understand Brown it is a proper slang name....see double meaning.

Meek means what he intends it to mean. No double meaning with this one.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread