Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it to be wrong as well. I was just trying to get his opinion if he thought FF could hike into that area twice with the chest.

I do know this! After my grandfather had cancer, he was around 80...... He was an outdoors man. I would go to his house and he would be a half a mile or more in the woods cutting down trees by himself, stacking the logs.He would do this all day, sometimes till dark. SO, with that in my mind, That man could have walked 3 miles or more without a problem.

That is another thing that I think is tricky! Most of us have visions of an old man with a cane! My 84 yearold grandmother still does as much or more than most 50 year olds.

If he had the determination to get to an area, distance and age, thought, might have been his way to throw the whole thing off.

I'm not sure what I think....these are just some things I was considering.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:sign10:

So......Your not paying? Well, heck with that! I'm not following your theory then! I'll find my own!

Your theory doesn't have enough evidence for me to chase!

Ohh by the way!I might already be married to the devil:dontknow:! sometimes I wonder!

She tells me to go there all the time!:icon_scratch:

So then Nitric, you are firm on not going to Hell for me I take it. Have you considered
Email exchanges with Fenn to get a better feel of the Chase? I believe you would
pass his wood test Nitric..

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL too much! :laughing7: You crack me up! Sounds like maybe? You have already been down that path with the Email exchanges? And might even have a good feel for the test. I'll take your word for it, your the highly valued expert on the wood test! VIP even?

Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them.
Immanuel Kant

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The postage stamp is a 3 cent Jefferson used when 3 cents would send a letter.
wiki says 1932 to 1957(?) is when our postage was 3 cents.
Maybe this will help! Or maybe not....It was just a thought I had. I haven't read the book you are referring to yet.

The West - Thomas Jefferson | Exhibitions - Library of Congress

Is it just a pic. of the stamp? or is there wording that goes with it. or a story?

Sry, haven't gotten that far yet!

Just did a search.....Stamps and Forrest Fenn book.......

It had someones theory on the stamps. he had some kind of formula to them. I can't post the link, because of rules.

:dontknow:

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amelia Earhart is first woman to fly Atlantic solo (May 20-21 1932).
That will be 3 cents if you please.

NeedBucksNow

Greenie
Sep 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wrote an interesting article on this subject a few months ago. Could I get a review of what you all think about it? (Removed by mod for spamming)I'm new to the forum but am interested in meeting new people and networking with them. I would love to get some more good ideas to write more articles about and maybe I can also help out some other fellow treasure hunters out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTDT2 you been warned many times about insulting members. Breaking same rules over and over earns longer time outs.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more insults means timeouts...Please post by our rules..

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I see... I suppose a lesson was learned.

TH is very patient and fair. If he took posts out it is best to forget about it and move on. He does not like to give people time outs, in fact, I would go as far to say that he does not like it. However, he will maintain peace and order. My advice, for what it is worth...if TH says end it...then end it. Go forward with it and earn a good chance of getting a time out.

However, sometimes getting a time out is worth it. We call that civil disobedience. Only problem is that your post gets deleted so that you get the time out and nobody knows why. Welcome to a private website, lol....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTDT is on timeout again for insults.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did have me laughing at anything directed at me! It was almost like art! :laughing7:Feel kind of bad if any of that caused his time out!

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
I must say any opinions on ANY subject are welcome in my world. Mine are no better than anyone else and vice versa. BUT when you get talked down to right out of the gate, that attitude only makes things go straight down hill from there. I suppose it's human nature to strike back.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
TH is very patient and fair. If he took posts out it is best to forget about it and move on. He does not like to give people time outs, in fact, I would go as far to say that he does not like it. However, he will maintain peace and order. My advice, for what it is worth...if TH says end it...then end it. Go forward with it and earn a good chance of getting a time out.

However, sometimes getting a time out is worth it. We call that civil disobedience. Only problem is that your post gets deleted so that you get the time out and nobody knows why. Welcome to a private website, lol....

TH knows and the guy getting the time out knows and thats all that matters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread