Forrest Fenn s treasure

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you fetcher. As proud as Forrest seems, if this were a hoax, it would devastate his so called legacy he is attempting to leave behind.

Honestly though, who would actually report the finding if\when the treasure is found? Would someone want that kind of exposure?

Well, I do think he has an easy way to know if the treasure has been found. How? Not sure. I'm betting a key, or game camera. He even mentioned someone being within x amount feet. That tells me he has a watchful eye on it.

So far, I have yet to find an elevation point below 5400 in northern New Mexico.

How exact do you think he was being when he said 5000?

Skullybnuts

Mar 4, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the largest area that is home to the "Brown Bear" or as commonly known as the Grizzly bear??? The Yellowstone ecosystem.. The home of the brown.. That was the ingenious thought I had came up with to.. But that only narrows it down to a couple thousand square miles.. :)

Brown bears and grizzlies are two different species brown bears are generally calm and might steal your food, grizzlies hunt people.

jenigirl4

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he means what he says and he says what he means. He said it is higher than 5000 ft above sea level. So anything above 5000ft it is. You have to watch what he does NOT say. He didn't say it was lower than anything. Simply higher. He is never exact, his spoken clues are his way of being funny so far.......

Hi everyone! I just found this site, I have been following Forrest Fenn awhile, and actually follow a blog or two that belong to at least one of you, but I never stumbled here before.
Happy hunting!

Casa Marron

Mar 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a few thoughts. I don't know Mr. Fenn, I've only read what he's written. I have no evidence for any of this, only my interpretation.

I think he will control the time and place of his death. Assuming he has actually placed the box, I think it is in a dry, mountainous area with juniper or pinion cover, near a seasonal stream. I think that means northern New Mexico or southern Colorado. I would rule out anything north of Mount Blanca. I do not think he will value dying in a cave, nor hiding the treasure in one, but perhaps against a small shelf or rocky outcropping. He may have hidden the box against a notable rock, and perhaps assembled a small cairn over it. I think it will be near a lightly-used trail, far enough off the path to be quite secluded, but near enough for easy access, near the edge of a small clearing in the trees with an open view of the sky. The spot may also have a wide view of the local area or region. I don't think he'll care about the legalities of government land, nor will he expect the finder to care.

Obviously, I have no specifics :tongue3:

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he means what he says and he says what he means. He said it is higher than 5000 ft above sea level. So anything above 5000ft it is. You have to watch what he does NOT say. He didn't say it was lower than anything. Simply higher. He is never exact, his spoken clues are his way of being funny so far.......

Hi everyone! I just found this site, I have been following Forrest Fenn awhile, and actually follow a blog or two that belong to at least one of you, but I never stumbled here before.
Happy hunting!

Yep. This.

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had another dowser that dowsed this story and guess what? Three of them now say that the treasure chest and the contents are still in his posession. This means that is either its in his house or in a place that is on his property where we cannot go get it yet.. So I am done looking for this till he gives us title to his gold like the last line of the poem reads....

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had another dowser that dowsed this story and guess what? Three of them now say that the treasure chest and the contents are still in his posession. This means that is either its in his house or in a place that is on his property where we cannot go get it yet.. So I am done looking for this till he gives us title to his gold like the last line of the poem reads....

Its under his picknick bench next to the hot tub :wav: :tchest:

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing, huh? That's as nutty as a squirrel turd. I don't buy the idea of someone looking over the forum and making a prediction. Here I have a prediction too: Someone is looking for Fenn's treasure.

Next!

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing, huh? That's as nutty as a squirrel turd. I don't buy the idea of someone looking over the forum and making a prediction. Here I have a prediction too: Someone is looking for Fenn's treasure.

Next!

My thoughts exactly.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
resue efforts,a cost that is prob going to keep the rangers ect. on the look out
they prob will start posting warnings about the safty of this hunt,as if the clues
werent compicated enough,maybe if you find it,you might want to move it and
take it in small amounts,a better chance of not being seen maybe

Rescuers in New Mexico find hiker who got lost looking for treasure
Posted: 03/09/2013
ALBUQUERQUE -- Search and rescue crews combed a rugged area of Bandelier National Monument early Saturday before finding a missing hiker who had traveled to Northern New Mexico to hunt for the hidden treasure of a Santa Fe antiquities dealer
-------------
Medical personnel were called to the monument as a precaution after the 34-year-old Texas woman was found along the Ancho Canyon Trail, but Bandelier spokeswoman Claudia Brookshire said the woman appeared to be in good condition after running out of water and spending a frigid night outdoors.
---------------
"Realizing she would have to spend the night, she found shelter near a rock," Brookshire said. "On Saturday, the hiker began re-tracing her steps and was able to find the trail back to her car."
She was found by search crews as she was walking back.
-------------------
Brookshire said the young woman came to New Mexico after being inspired by an interview with antiquities dealer, author and former art gallery owner Forrest Fenn that aired last week on NBC's "Today Show."
Fenn sparked the treasure hunt in 2011 when he released his book, "The Thrill of the Chase," which features clues that could lead readers to the $2 million treasure he hid three years ago in the mountains north of Santa Fe.
----------------
The search involved dog teams, technical rescue experts and three aircraft.
Monument officials used the hiker's experience to remind visitors to stay on marked trails and be prepared for changes in the weather. They also noted that it's illegal to dig, bury an item or use a metal detector on federal lands.
Rescuers in New Mexico find hiker who got lost looking for treasure - El Paso Times

P3ter_Griffin

Mar 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, hello everyone. :)

"I can keep my secret where, And hint of riches new and old."

This is a fragmented sentence (deliberate), and phooey to all the 'poetic license' garbage. The quote from Forrest is that the clues have to be solved in the order written to find the loot. Why would the first 4 lines of the poem just be an intro and not contain clues? Is everyone infatuated with the 'Begin it where warm waters halt' line because it says Begin? Should have just said, 'Begin it where the sun shines'........

I broke his poem into 9 sentences and 8 "paragraphs"-- keeping all the punctuation etc. the same as it was-- with second verse of the poem being the two sentence paragraph.:

As I have gone there, and with my treasures bold, I can keep my secrete where, and hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where the warm waters halt and take it in the canyon down, not far, but to far to walk. Put in below the home of Brown.

I think when you read it this way it sounds like the first sentence is just an intro to the treasure hunt. But who knows how he meant it to be read? I'm intrigued though, because if the clues don't start at "Begin" then I'm just spinnin my tires.

There is one thing I can think of that could apply to both "where the warm water ends" and "home of the Brown", and I'll give ya guys a hint, it's what the Green Bay Packers play on. :) That will probably give away the location I'm thinking, but its a big friggin area, so best of luck to ya'll.

Last edited:

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Next!

Yes they have.. For two years and have not found it. Even his close friends that have known him all his life have not found it. So I call BULLSHIT!!!!!

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, hello everyone. :)

I broke his poem into 9 sentences and 8 "paragraphs"-- keeping all the punctuation etc. the same as it was-- with second verse of the poem being the two sentence paragraph.:

I think when you read it this way it sounds like the first sentence is just an intro to the treasure hunt. But who knows how he meant it to be read? I'm intrigued though, because if the clues don't start at "Begin" then I'm just spinnin my tires.

There is one thing I can think of that could apply to both "where the warm water ends" and "home of the Brown", and I'll give ya guys a hint, it's what the Green Bay Packers play on. :) That will probably give away the location I'm thinking, but its a big friggin area, so best of luck to ya'll.

What makes you so certain that this is the location?

Sandman23

Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS II. looking to upgrade soon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to be negative but it is probably a hoax just to sell the books. The guy had to be broke from his extended dig.

If you don't want to be NEGATIVE the DON"T BE!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it SOOOOO hard to think someone who at the time thought they were going to die, wanted to have fun and leave a gift for others to find??? if you think the way you do, KEEP it to yourself!!!!!!!!!

Nicko

Greenie
Feb 27, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
resue efforts,a cost that is prob going to keep the rangers ect. on the look out
they prob will start posting warnings about the safty of this hunt,as if the clues
werent compicated enough,maybe if you find it,you might want to move it and
take it in small amounts,a better chance of not being seen maybe

Rescuers in New Mexico find hiker who got lost looking for treasure
Posted: 03/09/2013
ALBUQUERQUE -- Search and rescue crews combed a rugged area of Bandelier National Monument early Saturday before finding a missing hiker who had traveled to Northern New Mexico to hunt for the hidden treasure of a Santa Fe antiquities dealer
-------------
Medical personnel were called to the monument as a precaution after the 34-year-old Texas woman was found along the Ancho Canyon Trail, but Bandelier spokeswoman Claudia Brookshire said the woman appeared to be in good condition after running out of water and spending a frigid night outdoors.
---------------
"Realizing she would have to spend the night, she found shelter near a rock," Brookshire said. "On Saturday, the hiker began re-tracing her steps and was able to find the trail back to her car."
She was found by search crews as she was walking back.
-------------------
Brookshire said the young woman came to New Mexico after being inspired by an interview with antiquities dealer, author and former art gallery owner Forrest Fenn that aired last week on NBC's "Today Show."
Fenn sparked the treasure hunt in 2011 when he released his book, "The Thrill of the Chase," which features clues that could lead readers to the $2 million treasure he hid three years ago in the mountains north of Santa Fe.
----------------
The search involved dog teams, technical rescue experts and three aircraft.
Monument officials used the hiker's experience to remind visitors to stay on marked trails and be prepared for changes in the weather. They also noted that it's illegal to dig, bury an item or use a metal detector on federal lands.
Rescuers in New Mexico find hiker who got lost looking for treasure - El Paso Times

That's sad. Going to get a lot of yahoos out there.

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about each of us post something relevant to one line in the poem. This could really be beneficial. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing someone find the treasure, add something valuable to it, and hide it again. Those who find it become part of an elite group of treasure hunters called Fenn's Network. Eventually this could be a ten million dollar treasure chest that lasts hundreds of years.

Just an idea, but even I don't think I could give up a treasure worth more than 2 mil. ???

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about another thread that just absolutes are posted- you know, a speculation free thread.

1. Treasure is at a location at 5000' or above.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2. It is just a PR ploy to sell books and help his image.

Last edited:

P3ter_Griffin

Mar 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes you so certain that this is the location?

I'm definitely not certain. If "where warm water ends" does correlate to tundra though, there are very few places where you could access them by roads.

On another note, about Forest knowing the treasure is still unfound, I'd think most places >5000ft in elevation would be covered in deep snow this time of year. And too, it could be located off of a seasonal road.

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about another thread that just absolutes are posted- you know, a speculation free thread.

1. Treasure is at a location at 5000' or above.

I like this idea. Maybe the thread is just called "FFF - Forrest Fenn Facts"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread