Forrest Fenn s treasure

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ...now I know you didn't find it...because if you
Did you'd be either passed out on some beach or fishing and therefore be to preoccupied to bother us
Real treasure hunters ;)....in all seriousness though
The chase will be ending soon!

Been looking high and low for two weeks for a used
Trans... not a used trans in a 100 mile area... A rebuilt
Runs $1300 -$1500...that's not going to happen!

Started pulling trans this afternoon! I'll have it apart
Tomorrow...5-7 days for parts delivery...the good old
USS Heavy Metal is dead in the water for 8-9 days :(

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
LOL!! "real treasure hunters" Well now HMT.....hypothetically if and I say if I did happen to move with confidence and find something of value, where as everyone else is still searching .....who would be the "real treasure hunter"?

You can take your time in setting sail again.:laughing7:

I always like checking in to see the latest goings on,theories,thoughts and rumors.hehe

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Lots of bragging, rumors, not so slight hints, false claims & innuendos on here about finding Fenn's treasure. I'm posting this picture as a simple reminder that a picture is worth a thousand words....

Prince Albert.jpg

Money talks and caca de toro walks.
HH
-spyugy

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Ahh...so you found NEW $100 dollar bills in a OLD can....hmmm I think I smell caca. hehe

Never said I found a thing,never said I didn't. Where have we heard that before?

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Connecticut is a former broke ghost town in Colorado that I'm sure was covered by an avalanche many decades ago. Fortunately!!

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in New Mexico for a while but I never bothered to look for this cache. Mostly because it seemed to be more of a publicity stunt to sell books than a legit cache.

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I lived in New Mexico for a while but I never bothered to look for this cache. Mostly because it seemed to be more of a publicity stunt to sell books than a legit cache.

Fenn isn’t making money for this, though he’s getting a ton of publicity. He pays for all the publishing costs out of his pocket. Santa Fe’s independent bookseller, Collected Works Bookstore & Coffee House, owns exclusive rights to the book and all proceeds go to them with the exception of with10% that is going to help cancer patients who can’t afford care selected by local oncologists. Fenn isn’t getting a penny from the now escalated sales.

Forrest Fenn: The Thrill of the Chase - Santa Fe Travelers

XDSA40

Oct 27, 2012
IN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe I just made a huge blunder. :BangHead: Pretty sure I have the answer to 'Heavy Loads and Water High', one of which is actually a place name that will pinpoint the high water...and I posted the name on another site a few seconds before I realized what it was... one of those OMG moments. I found the solution in an on line pic that included both of the clues. Both are new solutions, or at least not solutions I have seen anywhere on line. The area location also provides solutions to other clues as well, including wwwh, 'wise', and the creek. Missing is HOB and the 'blaze', which is probably readily available if one were to drive the road and walk the creek.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got the answer- well, two of them anyway.

Nobody is going to post their solution unless they have thoroughly checked it out for the treasure. Then finding nothing they could post their solution.

But then it would'nt be a solution any longer would it?

XDSA40

Oct 27, 2012
IN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reckon you have a good point, GIB. What's the use of posting potential solutions to the clues on an open forum, unless you really aren't interested in recovering the loot or have some other motive.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember our rules, keep religion out if threads...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Just sad.

If he was in a cave, the dog would probably have been in there with him.

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
sad news, hope they find him holed up in a cave or the woods, just waiting
on rescue. his friends and fam told/asked him to wait, not go in the winter

Treasure hunter missing on Rio Grande
Treasure hunter missing on Rio Grande - The Santa Fe New Mexican: Local News

This could be the first documented case of a death while someone was looking for Fenn's treasure. Seems like this was bound to happen sooner or later where someone goes looking for the chest and doesn't make it back. Treasure hunting can be a dangerous business, but this guy went the extra mile in terms of taking unnecessary and foolish risks. I guess he had the "fever" --- I can relate. I've used inflatable kayaks to get to remote areas out in the middle of nowhere alone during the summer months to look for buried treasures loaded down with all my gear. Had some close calls with snakes, boat tipping over, water born illness etc. etc. There's a quote from 'Nostromo' by Joseph Conrad: "There is something in a treasure that fastens upon a man's mind. He will pray and blaspheme and still persevere, and will curse the day he ever heard of it, and will let his last hour come upon him unawares, still believing that he missed it only by a foot. He will see it every time he closes his eyes. He will never forget it till he is dead--and even then----Doctor, did you ever hear of the miserable gringos on Azuera, that cannot die? Ha! ha! Sailors like myself. There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind."
HH
-spyguy

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard about that, Randy Bilyeu from up here in Broomfield, CO. I've run into him somewhere before I believe. Hope it turns out o.k., but it don't look good findin the dog but not him. Hope it turns out ok for the family, and if not, he had a treasure he believed in and a place he believed he could go hunt it, and that does count for somethin.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To late. Because that is exactly what this is all about, but they won't tell you that until the end of it.

~ you'll see.
Just follow our rules please and keep religion out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread