Forrest Fenn s treasure

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is official! My last piece of research just checked out. Thinking of booking my flight for this weekend.

I may have put the cart before the horse. What I thought checked out didn't. I spoke too quickly, and apologize.

Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone is overthinking this poem, think like a old explorer seeing land for the first time. go on a hike. I do not think he is lying about the hunt, he wants people to spend time outside, yes, who wouldn't. He want s a true explorer of nature to stumble upon it when he/she is taking in the immense beauty of nature. He is rich and his family is well taken care of, book sales are book sales, he says someone can find the treasure just by the poem alone, the book just gives you ideas on where he has been and ventured. Think outside the box and you may find the box..

"home of Brown"-could be a mixture of colors yellow+red=brown. hot springs create a yellow red look to them. just a thought.

"And take it in the canyon down" maybe a goose canyon? near a lake? goose lake near some hot springs...

"heavy loads and water high"- there are all kinds of huge boulders in creek beds in yellowstone, as well as many waterfalls.

"no paddle up your creek"- small creek, with pools.

"no place for the meek"- hot springs and geysers are loud and noisy, bubbling hot water and loud gushes of water.

I go to yellowstone for the beauty, now I have a even better reason to drag the wifey out and go to better hikes. Even if I dont find the treasure I hope someone does. This guy had a father that hid camping gear every winter in yellowstone only to return to have it untouched. just a note on ending this post, on his interview he stumbled and and almost said higher than 7000 feet. old people stumble one words of truth. maybe he was thinking of the treasure and almost said 7000 then corrected and said 5000. my two cents.

Last edited:

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm definitely not certain. If "where warm water ends" does correlate to tundra though, there are very few places where you could access them by roads.

On another note, about Forest knowing the treasure is still unfound, I'd think most places >5000ft in elevation would be covered in deep snow this time of year. And too, it could be located off of a seasonal road.

I was out today north of Santa Fe,most places I checked were in excess of 7000' and the only snow was on the shady side of the hills

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True story. Earlier I bookmarked the wrong coordinates of my in some of my research and have been looking in the wrong area. :icon_scratch: Finally, after hours of retracing my steps, I'm back on track.

warpigs777

Mar 2, 2013
albuquerque
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abiquiu was something today....beautiful mountains......beautiful lake.........beautiful petroglyphs...............dam you Forrest!:cussing:

Mar 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant get the idea out of my mind that his treasure is out there and somebody is going to find it, now Im new and I registered just so I could add to the topic, i live in california, and i would love to pull whatever I had just so I could look for it, I have read the entire thread and I really wanted to focus the items of interest, for example the taos waterfall, where is it exactly? any other waterfalls in the area? (north of santa fe or near the taos waterfall) what are the coordinates? and how far away are they from each other? im tired of theorizing, of guestimating, and thinking why this why that blah blah blah, points on a map please! i have enough money to get a bus ticket to santa fe and i can survive out in the wilderness for weeks (standard lightweight rations) I imagine I could trek to flagged destinations and document everything. every waterfall that seems plausible to fenns poem, every waterbed that seems to fit the description unfortunately if fenn "blazed" any random tree then me and everyone else looking for it is totally screwed with the exception to blind accidental finding of the loot

Nicko

Greenie
Feb 27, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a quote from another blog I have been following:

"Earlier today the Santa Fe cops detained and questioned a person who has been ringing Forrest's gate bell on perhaps 10 occasions over the last two days. The person's replies have often been incoherent at the gate. This person promised the police he would not come back and was released without charges. But a witness just saw this person sitting in a car parked a few homes away.

Folks, there are both bad people and wacko people out there....please be careful...

Also, please note, Forrest says he will not give out clues over the phone or in person.

dal..."

Pretty messed up, but there are weirdos out there for sure. Watch your back people and only take folks along to search who you trust. Someone commented about some Mexican standoff if the treasure were found by a group...i believe it.

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Home or house of Brown? Research old county records, land deeds, etc for anyone owning property in the region named Brown. Would old history books, county records name any old settlers, ranchers, trappers, miners, etc named Brown? Figure out that clue and you will be a long ways towards pin pointing a workable search area. Maby it was an old road named Brown's Road? This clue stands out as one easier to work on then some of the others. And if I were the one to find it, I would probably not advertize the fact, just take the loot and leave quietly. Which means it may have been found and the rest of the treasure hunters are just wasting time. Still, nothing like a good hike out in nature with a little mystery thrown in for good measure!

gbohn

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clues

Hi. I'm a new out of towner here. Very interested in helping some Santa Fe area people find the treasure, but unfortunately I can't make it to Santa Fe anytime soon. So just hoping that maybe if my clues lead to the treasure for somebody, that you'll throw a little something back to me. Anybody wanting to partner, let me know. I have some really good outside-the-box ideas.

Last edited:

Scott C.

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casa, you seem very level headed and intuitive...just curious, what have you read of Forrest's that led you to these conclusions. They appear very reasonable to me, and some of the thoughts mirror my own. You are also very specific about "open view of the sky", "rocky outcropping", and others...are those from the book? Thanks for sharing, and good luck if you go out hunting.

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone that is hunting this knows that even if it is on federal land not to say a word. You think fenn got all that treasure by telling the Feds where he got it. Hell no. He was a pilot in Vietnam. A pro fly fisherman. A treasure hunter himself. He spent his early years in Yellowstone. It's definetly near Yellowstone border with Montana. Lots of clues line up there and it it closed 1/2 a year by snowfall. Good luck ya'll. if I find the treasure ill say I found it in my backyard. And re-hideit in the same location I found it with a IOU. Lol

Argus33

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X marks the spot

I'm brand new to this but it will be me who finds this treasure. There are just too many Synchronicities involving situations in my own life. I really like the idea of the poem being more than meets the eye. I believe that there is a code embedded within it. He was way too precise and said it took him a long time before it was perfect. So among other things, that's what I've been looking at... One thing I noticed about the poem that I will share is that every letter of the alphabet is represented in the poem...except for X. Hmmm.... thoughts?

Last edited:

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listened to the webcast again, he sure meant something by saying an X on a map... there is something there..

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this post keeps getting better and better, i really like where gbhon is going with this .

one thing is for sure though, we are seeing how many different ways there are to interpert other peoples thoughts.

also did you guys see where a texas woman almost died looking for the treasure over the weekend ? she got lost for a couple days in the mountains .

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started my research, I thought Fenn was referring to the Blaze Mountain Range outside of Yellowstone. Not too far is a place he spent most of his youth. This poem can lead us all over the place.

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as a person has to remember is IF we refer to an X does not necessarily mean a perfect perpendicular cross. it could be four point at obtuse angles that cross also..

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
my uncle is not as big as fenn,but he is still pretty strong, for 81 and he is a cancer survivor too
last summer he was in the hils of w.va,and his truck broke down,he carried a 25# bag of dog food
and 2gal of milk, 5# meat in a box ,about 1/2 mile, then up a steep driveway, said he only rested
2x for about 5 min, he was worried about critters getting the food
so i dont know if fenn rested enough times,he would prob be alright

fenn says
"Don't look any place where a 79- or 80-year-old man could not carry a 42-pound box," he said.
Texas Woman Rescued After Botched Treasure Hunt | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread