Forrest Fenn s treasure

RahRah

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did he make the clues first and then found the location or did he know of the location and then made the clues?

Another thing also, First I believe I know where warm waters hault. That being said. To try and offer a little help before I start my own topic, I'd like to make a suggestion to everyone .. call it a prelude to what I'll tell you later in my topic. A help if you will before hand.

... "where warm waters hault"..

What is "warm" water? It's hot and cold water.

Now ask yourselves, where is hot and cold water? They are separated. One is HOT and One is COLD. Now ask yourselves again, WHERE IS THAT?

Make a list of all the possibilities and I'll bet it will be in your list. (now what will you do with your list)

It's interesting - I started this "adventure" with my son (he's 12), when he asked to do the chase a couple of months ago. His initial thought for 'where warm waters halt' - the bathtub, the sink, the drain plug, into a pot before cooking....each of those has geologic equivalents - basins, sinks, plugs, kettles, potholes, etc.

He has his own "solve"....it's me that's confusing myself looking for something that may, in fact, be staring me right in the face!

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to clarify what I meant by "There are several places".

What I want you to know is. Several different locations are exactly the same to "where warm waters hault".

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
His "front-row seat" is his home, looking out his window, with binoculars or telescope... heh.

Yep. I wouldn't hide a treasure for a treasure hunt where I couldn't enjoy the scramble. And I don't think I am that different than most other people in this regard. He doesn't want to to be an easy hunt, but he does want it found...eventually, and preferably in his lifetime.

This area is in the Morino Valley, Morino is Spanish for Brown. There is a Ranch called Morino Ranch 18 miles north of the Vietnam memorial.

I don't think this is correct. The Spanish word for "brown" is either pardo or marron. Morino means dark skinned, and comes from when the Moors were doing their jig across the pond.

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's interesting - I started this "adventure" with my son (he's 12), when he asked to do the chase a couple of months ago. His initial thought for 'where warm waters halt' - the bathtub, the sink, the drain plug, into a pot before cooking....each of those has geologic equivalents - basins, sinks, plugs, kettles, potholes, etc.

He has his own "solve"....it's me that's confusing myself looking for something that may, in fact, be staring me right in the face!

Smart Son.

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't resist. 1 more hint.

If you come up with the answer.

Picture that answer in your head and think what does that look like and how does it have something to do with this- U U

RahRah

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Picture that answer in your head and think what does that look like and how does it have something to do with this- U U

Is this- U U

...the double omega? Or just a U and a U looking thing?

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The simplification is in the answers not the construct. The "construct" of making the poem all fit together was hard, but NOT his answers.

RahRah

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard it called a couple of different things. But ask yourself what might a child call it?

My son just said to ask you if you mean a "double sink" (I figured I'd ask him since it seems he's getting it more than me!)

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hot and Cold and STOP. The answer is relevant to U U in regards to what HOT and COLD look like in another way.

uriline

Greenie
Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moreno in this instance means brown. If you go on line and put in Brown Ranch NM you will get the Moreno Ranch. The local folk may call it brown ranch.

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do not take any trips based on what I've told you unless you've figured out more than what I told you.

I think there's more you need to know before you take any trips.

RahRah

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do not take any trips based on what I've told you unless you've figured out more than what I told you.

I think there's more you need to know before you take any trips.

I have two more weeks to figure this out before we have a scheduled (husband has a conference) trip that'll take us through CO and NM (we looked in WY and MT last month while on vacation).....we'll poke around and do some hiking regardless (we like the outdoors and my kids love hiking and exploring), so the chase is just a bonus for us!

longshot954

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2015
Ft Worth / Mansfield area
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am in Texas, been researching this treasure for 6 weeks now, planning a trip in spring to search. I do believe it exists. The clues are vague at best, but there has to be a solution.

RahRah

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am in Texas, been researching this treasure for 6 weeks now, planning a trip in spring to search. I do believe it exists. The clues are vague at best, but there has to be a solution.

My son's first "solve" was in Montana and since we were vacationing there last month, we did search his area and there are some intriguing things to consider there, so it's not off our list. Since we're heading to UT in a couple of weeks, I've given him the task of developing a new location in CO or NM, he's opted for New Mexico since it may be the missing X in the poem. I'm pretty impressed with what he's come up with so far (with a little help from someone here to get started a bit more focused) and we have an area in mind now. So we'll go exploring it when we get there in our travels through on our way to UT.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
My son's first "solve" was in Montana and since we were vacationing there last month, we did search his area and there are some intriguing things to consider there, so it's not off our list. Since we're heading to UT in a couple of weeks, I've given him the task of developing a new location in CO or NM, he's opted for New Mexico since it may be the missing X in the poem. I'm pretty impressed with what he's come up with so far (with a little help from someone here to get started a bit more focused) and we have an area in mind now. So we'll go exploring it when we get there in our travels through on our way to UT.

I don't think it has been found yet. 95%+ of people who might find it would probably want to revel in the glory of having found it, and we would have heard about it by now. Plus, I haven't heard of anyone being crucified in the United States in the last year or two:laughing7:. It's no secret that I believe the treasure to be hidden in New Mexico for reasons of simplicity. So throwing in my two cents, I'd suggest a trip to New Mexico and searching in an arc with a 20 mile radius to the West, North and East of Santa Fe and using the clues in the poem to target logical areas.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOBO, Can you offer an explanation as to why you keep saying the treasure chest is found? I've searched around the net and can only find the usual people saying the treasure chest wasn't there when they got to their "solve spots". FF said he would contact 3 major news sources if/when the treasure is found. So far no reports. Thanks.

MinerGirl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread