Forrest Fenn s treasure

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be mistaken, but I think Forrest said no ciphers are needed. So if that's the case, I can't see how it could be of any use. I seem to recall he said ask your kids. So that to me means something like some kid's movie, or video game, something in their culture. His statement about a redneck family with 12 kids, there's something there and i wish i knew what. I've always thought there are a bunch of book or movie or song titles or something. One of them is "Go in Peace", but there are others.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El "doh!". I know you worked hard to learn as much as you could about ciphers (:laughing7: ?WHO'S WE?:laughing7:), so you could talk about them, but the discussion is all over the place. It is erronous to think pilots are generally trained in reading codes and ciphers... to the point of it being almost comedic! LIKE YOUR DENIAL THEME HERE ?>>> Pilots (PEOPLE WHO FLY PLANES) in any capacity would not have the amount of time resources to become proficient in ciphering BUT A RETIRED VET WOULD LOVE ITS LIKENESS TO A GOOD CROSSWORD. I flew in the USN and it wasn't until moving laterally into the intel pileline that the thought of ciphering even came up BUT YOU SURE DID DIDNT YOU. So I do have enough of a background to know that you are stretching some things and taking all the rest out of context.

Example: a solution to any code wouln NOT be in a short hyphenated or shorthand format. Really!? Do you honestly believe anyone would leave a message important enough to encrypt up for interpretation!?

WRONG: COMPLEX LETTERING SEQUENCES ARE SOMETIMES DIFFICULT TO PRODUCE IN PERFECT COMBINATIONS TO CONVEY THE EXACT MESSAGE....?>YOU EVER TRIED IT<?

SO ONE BRANCH OF CRYPTOGRAPHY IS CALLED STEGANOGRAPHY, AND A VERSION OF STEGANOGRAPHY IS CALLED STENOGRAPHY........USING STENNOS........

THAT'S RIGHT THERE IS A REASON FOR IT AND IT DOES RELATE TO THE BIG PICTURE.

GUESS WHAT >>>>>>> STENNOS BACKWARDS SPELLS????

YOU DO KNOW THAT THIS AFTER-THE-FACT DENIAL YOU ARE PRESENTING AS YOUR REASONING, USING YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT FENN'S INTELLIGENCE AND CAPACITY FOR LEARNING, IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE ISSUE.....WHETHER OR NOT HE COULD ADAPT TO PICK THIS UP IS A MOOT POINT....

WHAT THE POINT IS, CONCERNS WHETHER OR NOT YOU YOURSELF CAN LEARN A NEW TRICK OLD DOG.>>>>>>>WOOF WOOF

Save you breath " L Dough. " USING MEMBERS NAMES IS A BANNABLE OFFENSE......Only true conspiracy theorists (NOW YOU ARE INSULTING ME) would accept the "code" approach, and true experts maybe giggle a little, but now it's getting old. I CAN TELL THAT"S YOUR ULTIMATE FEAR....LOL

Here's a possibility though if you want to pursue the Vigenere cipher thought... use the words "thrill of the chase" as your key. WHY? YOU HAVEN'T FOUND JACK DIDDLY WITH THAT......LOL

BTW, you mixed up your explanations of the various cipher techniques, much the way a person cramming knowledge of a subject would do while trying to recall the details. Of course this is just IMHO, based on my years of cryptology, field operations and electronic warfare in the military. But what do I know. INTELLIGENCE?

One small little addendum.... many of your clues are not permanent objects or places. A hundred years from now, how many of your relied upon clues would even exist?

Ask me then and we will see.....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone in Intelligence would at least spell correctly, or they might not be that intelligent.

WTF is an INTEL PILELINE? 8-)

"I flew in the USN and it wasn't until moving laterally into the intel pileline that the thought of ciphering even came up"

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, why then, is Fenn's starting phrase in Stanza 5?

Fenn says not to mess with his poem. This to me, means that we don't need to anagram anything, we don't need to find ciphers. Double meanings, word alliteration, etc, sure, but leave the poem itself, alone. However, If you start reading with Stanza 5 and continue around to end at stanza 4, it reads a whole lot better. When Fenn said that people had solved the first two clues but skipped over the other 7... how else does that make sense? Maybe all 9 clues were solved correctly but clues 1 and 2 from stanzas 5 and 6 came last? This would put them starting at a different spot, essentially skipping the last 7 clues, making only the first 2 correct.

If you only have 6 stanzas or paragraphs, then 6 clues out of 9 are face value......then you have to look for the other 3.....

Since nobody can say for sure if they have the other 3 clues found in the stanzas, then I chose to find the Blaise.......in a totally different but subtly obvious place......where "The Alphabet Boys" would hide it......in a 26 letter phrase used to alter a generic cipher tableau and its alphabets.

This being comprised of the standard Vigenere Cipher altered by a key phrase entered vertically.....Look Quickly Down.....and hang your head down low as he deceived you gullible types.....taking him for 100% face value.....

Dont mess with the poem, means dont alter it or shift the lettering around SO IT PRODUCES THE EXACT RESULTS HE WANTS.......GET IT.....?

He said YOU DON'T NEED A CIPHER TO FIND IT......

BUT IT SURE HELPS

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how can you say it's solved if you don't have the chest?

The word " solve" is used by most people who are searching for the Fenn treasure. It denotes what in their own minds is a answer to the puzzle. They do not mean that it is solved and they found the chest.

rich99ard

Greenie
Jul 16, 2015
Alberta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The word " solve" is used by most people who are searching for the Fenn treasure. It denotes what in their own minds is a answer to the puzzle. They do not mean that it is solved and they found the chest.

I know what a 'solve' is. The heading on his post is "FORREST FENN THRILL OF THE CHASE SOLVED!"

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to mention that there can be 2 clues in one sentence... and there are.

JamesFariello

May 25, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Whites 808, Eagle Spectrum, Cibola & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pack up today, leave tomorrow for the WWATS rendezvous in Mancos. I am 99% sure I have the Fenn Poem completed. I will on the 19th on, go to the area and go for it. I might need some help, I have bad legs, back, over weight, and might need to find a partner. I want to keep the treasure intact for a year or so before splitting it up. Oh, I would return Forrest's bracelet he placed in the box. Wish me luck. God is good and has been gracious to me and my family. I want for little and with this might be able to help a few friends and family members out.

gliori

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am new to all of this in fact I can't believe I am on a public thread. Ok, Just this week I have for the first time learned of Mr. Forrest Finn. I have questions. 1. Is it league to drive on to the Browns property? As of this moment, the treasure is still out there? I just read a detailed description from a man and he had pictures of the spot! Did he get that booty? If there is anyone who wants to answer these questions please do. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread