Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the spine says....The Thrill Of The Chase A Memoir FENN
title page same as above Forrest added with Fenn
a page with ibsn# copyright info
a page with title & black and white img of chest
preface page img @ link
https://vmnaseven.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/thrill-of-the-chase_0003.jpg?w=438&h=315&zoom=2

"How to tell if a book is fiction: Look on the back of the title page (on the verso page). In the middle or lower than that should be a call number. If it's 813.54, the book is fiction."

Do you see this number on there or any number?

Also "How to tell if a book is fiction or Non Fiction:
A. There is no difference in the spine label. Everything is shelved alphabetically by the author s last name.
B. Non Fiction books will have NF above the author s name.
C. Non Fiction books are filed using the Dewey Decimal System and will have a group of numbers above the author s last name.
D. Non Fiction books are filed using the Dewey Decimal System and will have a group of numbers above the subject of the book."

Do you see a NF above the authors name or group of numbers?

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo, stop violating our rules, posting links to website on treasure hunting violates our rules, posting large segments from a website that is copyrighted violates our rules, your also violating our rules on language.

What's even more disturbing is using TNet to publicly accuse a guy of being a serial killer. You gotta have a smidgen of respect for a guy who isn't afraid of a libel suit but, otherwise, not much more.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Also "How to tell if a book is fiction or Non Fiction:
A. There is no difference in the spine label. Everything is shelved alphabetically by the author s last name.
B. Non Fiction books will have NF above the author s name.
C. Non Fiction books are filed using the Dewey Decimal System and will have a group of numbers above the author s last name.
D. Non Fiction books are filed using the Dewey Decimal System and will have a group of numbers above the subject of the book."

Do you see a NF above the authors name or group of numbers?

The Santa Fe Public Library has it cataloged as a biography. My local library didn't have the book in its catalog:

Fenn Bio.jpg

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kelly co. metal detectors, is offering 10k for an interview with finder

As I said in a previous thread, the treasure itself is worth a lot but so is being the guy who found it, if you know how to market that. The smart finder will be patient.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To avoid paying taxes is the most common reason i'm reading to support the narrative of the finder wanting to remain anonymous.

First, for this to be true, we have to believe the finder, depending on the date he found it, will be shortly or already has committed Felony Tax Evasion. So who ever found it is willing to shortly become a Felon and possibly lose his right to own a gun, forfeit the treasure, vote and enjoy the freedom to continue treasure hunting.

Second. This treasure is known the world over. Whoever found the treasure, contacted Fenn by sending him proof he found the treasure. Even though he left out his name, he left a paper trail or a digital trail. The finder would have reasonably known that if he contacted Fenn in any way, Fenn would announce that it was found, therefore there is no way this treasure is going to fly under the radar of the IRS.

If it was the tax angle, he'd most likely just have taken it home and told no one. But I suppose, Felons aren't know for their great decision making.

No, I don't buy the tax evasion angle. You'd just hire a tax and investment attorney and they'd tie it up in short order in tax free investments and tax free shelters. It's what they do.

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
No, I don't buy the tax evasion angle. You'd just hire a tax and investment attorney and they'd tie it up in short order in tax free investments and tax free shelters. It's what they do.

Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but if I had found the treasure I would have:

A) Immediately sought out a tax attorney to mitigate the taxes to the fullest extent possible.
B) Notified Forrest Fenn that the treasure had been found, and permitting him to publicize all details with the exception of my name.
C) I would remain anonymous, declining all interviews and public appearances.
D) Find a way to liquidate most/all of the treasure into cash. I'd most likely keep some of the cooler items, but cash is the goal. How "D" plays out is clearly dependent on how "A" plays out.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said in a previous thread, the treasure itself is worth a lot but so is being the guy who found it, if you know how to market that. The smart finder will be patient.

That is true. And the smart finder would hire an attorney to represent him. Did Fenn indicate the finder contacted him to verify it was found or an attorney of the finder contacted him?

You are right, if it was truly found, we will hear from the finder. His story on the Treasure could well be worth more then treasure itself. He could sell the rights to book about his search, as well as display the treasure and even do appearances if he was so inclined.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but if I had found the treasure I would have:

A) Immediately sought out a tax attorney to mitigate the taxes to the fullest extent possible.
B) Notified Forrest Fenn that the treasure had been found, and permitting him to publicize all details with the exception of my name.
C) I would remain anonymous, declining all interviews and public appearances.
D) Find a way to liquidate most/all of the treasure into cash. I'd most likely keep some of the cooler items, but cash is the goal. How "D" plays out is clearly dependent on how "A" plays out.

Spot on. This or a very similar course of action is what most all real people would do. I mean you just found what could be a multi-million dollar treasure and you couldn't afford to splurge a few grand on an attorney. Hell, show the attorney your treasure and he might even do it pro bono or without a retainer.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Spot on. This or a very similar course of action is what most all real people would do.

I'd like to think so. I'm guessing most people would get the tax attorney. And I think most people would notify Forrest Fenn of their discovery because they would want him to have closure to his endeavor. I also think most people would liquidate some percentage of the treasure, because cash in hand is the ultimate name of the game. But I imagine that most people would keep some of the jewelry for themselves. The part where I am likely to disagree with you is the anonymity. I think most people would relish their 15 minutes of fame and appear on as many TV shows as possible. The lure of fame is just so big these days, and for many people it would rival or outweigh the satisfaction of having the wealth in their hands. Sad, but that's these are the times we are living in now.

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides tax issue, there is also other legal issues depending from which US state and from what kind of ground the treasure was picked from...hence he may need another lawyer in that regard as well to fight his claim...hence he may need two types of legal representation...one on tax related which would address tax requirements
(income tax, state tax, federal tax etc) another one to address state laws on picking the treasure itself.... how much of the treasure he will get at the end, depends on how these two fronts play out and the costs involved ...the potential to make money from story, books, films etc is an idea as well...
We have here an interesting human drama unfolding in real time involving the law, finder, Fenn, other searchers demanding closure, and the public...

TT

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Besides tax issue, there is also other legal issues depending from which US state and from what kind of ground the treasure was picked from...hence he may need another lawyer in that regard as well to fight his claim...hence he may need two types of legal representation...one on tax related which would address tax requirements
(income tax, state tax, federal tax etc) another one to address state laws on picking the treasure itself....

I see what you are saying, but if Fenn placed the treasure with the intent that it be found, I don't see how a state can legally prevent the finder from keeping it. That seems like it would have broader ramifications when it came to things like scavenger hunts, geocaching and similar recreational excursions. On the other hand, if the treasure was found in New Mexico, Spain could lay claim to it as they do with underwater treasures in international waters, and then we would have a big old fight unfolding in the courts.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo, stop violating our rules, posting links to website on treasure hunting violates our rules, posting large segments from a website that is copyrighted violates our rules, your also violating our rules on language.

Aye Aye Captain

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this page seems to be prone to hunting treasures

I'll leave one in plain sight and see if you even believe that it exists

Forrest was concerned with one thing and that was cluing you into a few older troves from Jesse James and the Younger Gang

He walked you there in his poem step by step and left a few quirks that were easy enough to see based on the tone in the poem and the clues as they were taken from historical references of his favorite places to go

He then began to target specific types of people in his tone ...... one the comment "What would stop me from riding my bike out there and throwing it in the river"

He has been quoted as trying to ignore his "real" identity, and the reasoning behind why he is doing this behind his Cancer and the story of his recovery. Granted that is something I know all about myself, but I also see other motives in his appeal

Who is the real Forrest Fenn.jpg

He has called the Thrill of the Chase a story about his life, albeit free from many verifiable events seen in the book, holding very little attachment to any grounded reasoning for hiding a trove behind the text, meaning that the storyline does not complement the idea of a chase....the story is boring and would put you to sleep reading it TBH

Now seeing him step up to the plate with this as an offer to go out to the outback you naturally find you are dealing with a "Coyote"....a trickster of sorts.....always laughing to himself about the chase and it's tragedies.

Not to mention he considers this his "Catcher in the Rye", which has it's own stigma and ulterior motive attached to it, being a crafted story around an invented series of psychological themes, used to induce the desired effect.

Finding this all ties to a man that claims to be both a Vet and someone that worked for the CIA in Laos, you wonder why he added a moniker of a Golden Triangle to his paper map. Or why the NSAs archives on the Beale has a similar looking article with a man holding a shovel....you don't have to dig underground, but you see that he is showing you something is buried.

Old Map Forrest Exclamation.jpg

You also wonder how this all became a part of the chase and where he gets his inspiration for something like this, not because 7 people have died from it, no, but simply because you are interested in "Treasure"

So where is it?

It's embedded in your memory as a treasure box.....something out of a Pirates of the Caribbean quest for a chest o' booty.....realistically there is nothing tying this all to a location that holds his troves, but that of another treasure.

For that you could even rent out Forrest for 10,000 just to have him walk with you on your own quest......

Here are his bones

Forrest Fenn Bones.jpg

Here is his "Blaze"

The Blaze Above2.jpg

See the shape ? See the meaning to any smoker becoming apparent what the Blaze is that he was talking about ?

JesseeJamesOverlay.jpg

See the good ol boys that were part of this R+R Camp ?

lagangdiJesseJames.jpg

Fenn thinks that leading you here will help remind you about the final location being something of a bigger treasure waiting and to ignore his fake treasure chest chase

Seeing this all being tied into the craft of a sort of Masonic Lore, including their other secretive practices that are unmentionable, I also find that there are two ciphers in the poem, and that they are a key to something he is creating as a secondary message that only a few initiates can read. These are tied to a 3 count and 6 count using a base encoding system that patterns itself with 3 - 26 letter lines used as Vigenere Keys, and a 6x6 grid.....

Then I get a call from a person that has tracked down a tertiary layering of ciphers encoded in the poem. Not just the one poem though, he also found the matching and pairing cipher in the poem about Peggy, both using the 9 count as a base encoding system. This BTW is the only person that I have spoken over the phone with in the entire time about the poem....not one collaboration online will even touch upon it merely because Forrest "honestly" told you there was no cipher in the poem early on.

He found a consistent patterning of something so obvious and having a template to it, that you could use it to convey almost any message using a facade of words as the cover story.

Encoded in this 3rd cipher was a template of letters and their numerical values in a gematria, which then was used to select specific line counts, forming a pattern on the grid. This grid then was compared to a strand of Human DNA and it matched the fit and the form of a double helix spiral, with the secondary acting as a template of added CRISPR strands....these being alterations of the human genome encoded in a treasure hunting poem, by a man that claimed to work for the CIA in Laos, under direction of the Phoenix Project and it's branch operations in the US.

Numerical Patterning DNA Strands Forrest Fenn.jpg

A later examination of his ciphers shows that he has a degree of encryption used that was the reasoning for creating the poem over such a long period of time. The Architect he mentions is the theme of the Grand Master Architect of Masonic Rite, and these ciphers were taken right out of a textbook that the Rosicrucian Order used to use to send their messages hidden behind a front.

You don't get that in the average military training class in the US Military.....that is some hidden occult practice that is only shown to others in a secret order.

Not to dwell on the fantasy of someone else's life over the course of their career, but the facts are stacked against him at this point.

He even used a line from the Tempest calling his treasure chest "Indulgence"

This combined with the umpteen other facts that are compiled against him by others that were also directly spun into their own course and lost their lives by Forrest's "personal hints" are something of a relic to everyone already.

But let's be honest for once in this hunt as fellow searchers......he never wanted it to be found he said, and ended it literally a decade after he started it without even showing anyone proof of his claim

He did leave something behind through his "Art" in his book though

And anyone can see the trivial threats he is making on Pg 25
Thrill of the Chase Forrest Fenn Aquino Name Hidden.jpg

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you are saying, but if Fenn placed the treasure with the intent that it be found, I don't see how a state can legally prevent the finder from keeping it. That seems like it would have broader ramifications when it came to things like scavenger hunts, geocaching and similar recreational excursions. On the other hand, if the treasure was found in New Mexico, Spain could lay claim to it as they do with underwater treasures in international waters, and then we would have a big old fight unfolding in the courts.

The issue would be of legal jargon and it differs from state to state..in the article I shared earlier it explains what might be involved..could the chest be described as "abandoned" or as "lost" or as "hidden"? etc each of these have their legal ramifications and to complicate matters and to blur an exact definition the owner in this case is known and is alive and knows about the property ,,,also whether it was found on private land or public land will introduce another angle to this complicated polygon ...but we can assume it was on public land ....some have suggested the statement FF made stating that the finder found the chest by following the poem may have been intentional in-order to make it "hidden" and then "found by his instruction" so that the finder will not have a legal hassle from the state in terms of picking abandoned property....also FF put in his poem at the end " I give you title to the gold" which can be used in favor of the finder....different states also have different rules in this area with some having
strict rules others quite relaxed...I believe this legal issue with the states could be simplified if FF and finder work it out together ...

TT

Last edited:

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Along about 2013 websites started popping up totally dedicated as to what to do if you find forest fenns trasure,
some of them are still around.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TNet has allways been pretty cordial, once in a while people attack one another and the mod's step in,
but on TTOTC social media group's (some of them) as soon as it was anounced that the treasure was found
people started going crazy, people who had been long time Fenn beilever's started attacking him and calling
the whole thing a hoax, people who had shared thought's on the clue's and worked on a ''SOLVE'' together were
now at each other's throat's.
Fenn had said there would be more details and picture's to come, and every body started setteling and down
and saying we just need to be patient then somewhere on ''DAL'S'' site it seems he is going back on that
and people on some of the blog's and site's are getting pretty irrate again.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gonna post in some tidbit's on some the other Fenn thread's Mainly to bump them up to the top
but also I'll pick one and hope some TNet er's will post some of their ''SOLVE'S''.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn had said there would be more details and picture's to come, and every body started setteling and down
and saying we just need to be patient then somewhere on ''DAL'S'' site it seems he is going back on that
and people on some of the blog's and site's are getting pretty irrate again.

Yeah, I saw that the originally said more information would be forthcoming, and now they've backed off it. The circumstantial evidence from inception to it being "found" have never confidently supported that it exists and this doesn't help things.

Some are saying the reason there's no information is because the "finder" wants to stay anonymous for fears the gov't may lay claim to it as ownership could be in question. Again, then we are faced with why, if the owner thought it could be taken from him, risk ever contacting Fenn to show proof he found it? This would leave a paper or digital trail. And having notified Fenn, you would have to reasonably expect he's going to tell the world. This is not the way to avoid taxes or avoid having it be seized by the "Feds". Fenn even knows where the guy is from. No, like the tax reasoning, that dog don't hunt for me. If that was truly your fear, you wouldn't tell Fenn of all people you found it.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have read the book several times. To call it a memoir is laughable at best.

He says “I embellish”

I wonder if I can get my money back for the book?

Hoax? I am begging to think so
#FennGate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread