Forrest Fenn s treasure

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Barbara Anderson case seems to have the best legal footing. She's claiming that she was "hacked" by a guy who had been taunting her and who stole her solve. So if true, there are some crimes going on there. But she's kind of a wacko bird, too. She's an attorney who spent tens of thousands of dollars and put her life on hold to search for the treasure. She even had judges change her caseload around so she could take extended breaks to look for the treasure. To me that doesn't sound like representing the best interests of your clients. She also alienated her children. It really sounds like she made the notorious mistake of becoming far too emotionally involved in this, and all this legal stuff is just her venting and refusing to let it go. But she does seem to have a chance of drawing out some information about the location, and maybe even the finder. I think her strategy in attaching Fenn to the lawsuit is to force the location of the treasure to be given to her. If it matches her solve, she can pull the thread a bit further to get the name of the finder. But she still has to prove that he hacked her and stole her solve. That would be a big deal because it would be the first time in history that someone had a treasure stolen out from under them by a devious person...

Yeah, her case is intriguing. We'll have to see if her case remains viable and we actually get some discovery. I agree, she does seem a bit wacko...

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
found in wyoming

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.40.31 AM.png

https://dalneitzel.com/2020/07/22/15/

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Yeah, Ok, sure thing Fenn...like that had to be kept "secret" when it was first found? Wyoming is just short of 100,000 square miles, hardly a "giveaway". Every time he opens his mouth, the find loses even more credibility imo.

The thing is, Fenn has now shrunk the possible T-zone to the state of Wyoming. With that knowledge, it shouldn't be that hard to reverse engineer everything and DDX all the clues in that context. I'm guessing many people already had Wyoming as the location, and their solves were either correct or incorrect despite having the correct state. Others had the wrong state, but may have logically applied the clues despite their initial error. I actually believe that this would be a good project for statistical analysis. There is a rule of large numbers that can be used here. One of the NOVA episodes was about math, and demonstrated this principle. They filled a jar with jelly beans and asked people at a carnival to guess how many jelly beans were in the jar. The guesses were all over the place, but even with the low/high outliers the average of all the guesses was very close to the actual number of jelly beans in the jar. If all the solves were run through a computer, especially the Wyoming solves, it's possible that multiple solves would point to the same location. Further, Fenn specified a minimum altitude, so that narrows the T-zone to an even smaller area. This is one of those things that can't stay secret forever, and I'm betting it's all going to come out within the next year or so.

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I suspect the reason the Finder doesn’t want their identity or the precise location revealed is they used someone else’s work for their solve.

Last edited:

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will narrow it down a little further for everyone to play with...

STAR VALLEY WYOMING

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
more filings, im no legal eagle,seems these should be dismmissed
as i think Anderson says her solve was in NM, an Erskine was colorado
and Forrest has said was found in wyoming

erskine-v-fenn
Case 3:20-cv-08123-JJT Document 31-1 Filed 08/24/20 Page 1 of 6
Supplemental Declaration of FORREST FENN
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.azd.1241875/gov.uscourts.azd.1241875.31.1.pdf

#31 Aug 24, 2020
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17201120/erskine-v-fenn/

a 32 pg letter to Forrest crazy
Case 3:20-cv-08123-JJT Document 27-1 Filed 08/17/20 Page 1 of 32
Plaintiff Letter to Fenn during New Mexico Suit February 12, 2020
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.azd.1241875/gov.uscourts.azd.1241875.27.1.pdf

#27 Aug 17, 2020, Att 1 Exhibits
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17201120/erskine-v-fenn/

andersen-v-fenn
Motion for Protective Order of outside parties from access to public records
DENIED
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nmd.449445/gov.uscourts.nmd.449445.16.0.pdf
#16 Aug 20, 2020
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17231779/andersen-v-fenn/

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RIP...

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Forrest Fenn, the creator of a famed hidden treasure hunt in the Rocky Mountains, reportedly died Monday at his home in Santa Fe.
According to the Santa Fe New Mexican, police said Fenn died of natural causes.

The search for Fenn's hidden treasure came to an end earlier this year. The 90-year-old war veteran, art collector, and author said he hid the chest somewhere in the mountains back in 2010 – prompting hundreds of thousands of people to search through the wilderness.
Fenn's cryptic six-stanza poem gave clues to the location of the hidden treasure

“It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago," said Fenn in a statement on his website. "I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot. I congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search and hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries. So the search is over."

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Faked the treasure, faked the finding, and finally faked his death

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
its been my experience, that the courts,be it probate
or getting sued in court, you have to give the court
a affidavit statement or notice of the death,an then
file an affidavit for certified death certificate from
the coroner/med examiner,it goes in the court record
i seriously doubt the coroner/med examiner and the ME
witnesses, would jeopardize their careers for a fake
death scheme. maybe that kind of thing happened in the
30s/40s during the mobsters era

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, It's over now. Fenn passed away and took with him the relationship of the poem to the location, which he refused to divulge. He did say when pressed that it was in Wyoming.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Well, It's over now. Fenn passed away and took with him the relationship of the poem to the location, which he refused to divulge. He did say when pressed that it was in Wyoming.

I bet his wife knows the location where it was found and the details behind the poem. She might give it up at some point.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet his wife knows the location where it was found and the details behind the poem. She might give it up at some point.

No, estates can still be sued, and she could be listed as a "co-conspirator" or something. No, this wrapped up too neatly, and has all the appearance of trying to avoid litigation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread