Forrest Fenn s treasure

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
The important part of your statement "supposed to be". It could be anybody who wrote it. Fenn, his wife, a mysterious finder, me. Its just another false lead in a blind maze with no exit.

I used the term "supposed to be" in order to be fair. It could be anybody who wrote it, but that would mean that Medium made no effort to vet the author before publishing his piece. That is unlikely, and it is more reasonable to conclude that they made some effort to verify the person is who they say they are. But note the difference in our approaches: I say "supposed to be" in an attempt to be fair, and you flat out state that, "It's just another false lead...". And that connects back to my primary point regarding the treasure: What evidence you do you have that this is "just another false lead"? There is no more evidence of that than there is that the treasure was a hoax.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but that would mean that Medium made no effort to vet the author before publishing his piece.

Correct, they didn't vet the author. Medium is largely for writers who wish to self publish. This was not an article written by a reporter interviewing the finder about his/her find, it was a self published post mortem tribute to Fenn by the "Finder" himself.

Think about that for just a moment. Let that circumstantial evidence set in. This wasn't a journalist interviewing him/her about their find of the century, it was self written and self published. He/she is more then willing to talk about it, but not to a credible journalist. You can talk to a journalist and still remain anonymous if you choose.

Again, this whole thing smells.

One guy in the comment section of Medium had a great challenge. Why not post up some fresh pictures of the treasure, with verifiable local artifacts or backdrops in the picture. Heck, i take it one step further, he ostensibly drove or flew cross country with the Treasure, to meet the with the great Forrest Fenn, how about a picture of that treasure sitting safe and sound in your lap on the flight, or in the passenger seat or trunk of your car?

No, everything has been a narrative controlled by Fenn. Even the pictures are released by and contain Fenn in them.

Show me some corroborating independent evidence that shows some independent third party found or possess this treasure.

Just in the news was some Egyptian archeologists who found 28 undiscovered sarcophagus's and they immediately posted up multiple pictures of the treasure, it's location and corroborating witnesses, leaving no doubt to the authenticity of their find. The only pics we get of this great treasure find, were made with Fenn and released by Fenn.

Fenn has controlled the entire narrative from beginning to literally the end, even in post mortem he's having ghost writers write about it. Let's not forget, Fenn was a writer himself. No doubt a book is coming soon and you guessed it, it'll be under an anonymous pen name...

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For us to believe, please show pictures. Thanks in advance.

Yes, exactly. Recent pictures, multiple pictures. Pictures of them being appraised and their appraisals. Pictures of them at your home and with you when you traveled across the country to meet Fenn. Pictures used to catalog them and for the insurance agency to insure the treasure. Pictures for the auction house. Pictures with your cat or dog or in your home or pictures with the treasure alongside your local newspaper.

Bottom line, Pictures that originate from someone NOT associated with and distributed by Fenn or through a Fenn associate.

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Correct, they didn't vet the author. Medium is largely for writers who wish to self publish. This was not an article written by a reporter interviewing the finder about his/her find, it was a self published post mortem tribute to Fenn by the "Finder" himself.

Think about that for just a moment. Let that circumstantial evidence set in. This wasn't a journalist interviewing him/her about their find of the century, it was self written and self published. He/she is more then willing to talk about it, but not to a credible journalist. You can talk to a journalist and still remain anonymous if you choose.

At this point we can't say with any certainty that they didn't vet the author. Even the New York Times verifies the identity of those that write guest columns. The big debate going on now with sites like Twitter and Facebook is if they are acting as content providers or publishers. Content providers have immunity from lawsuits and federal regulations for the content they provide. Publishers do not. If Medium is a content provider and the author isn't the finder, Medium merely loses crdedibility; if they in any way edit or demand that authors edit content they are publishers. Either way, it would be in the interest of Medium to at least make some attempt to verify the identity of the author, either through requested pictures, letters from Fenn or some other method and I can't imagine they would just let someone post something under any name. This site requires an e-mail address to activate an account, so Medium most likely has ways to track down or contact the author. Otherwise people would be posting things under the names of all kinds of famous people.

For us to believe, please show pictures. Thanks in advance.

Yes, exactly. Recent pictures, multiple pictures. Pictures of them being appraised and their appraisals. Pictures of them at your home and with you when you traveled across the country to meet Fenn. Pictures used to catalog them and for the insurance agency to insure the treasure. Pictures for the auction house. Pictures with your cat or dog or in your home or pictures with the treasure alongside your local newspaper.

Which is why I mentioned the avatar picture in the byline of the piece. It's too small for me to see any meaningful detail, but if it were enlarged it might be possible. I'm all for pictures being made public. The finder wouldn't have to show his solve, but some pictures of the treasure spread out on a table in a millennial-grade hovel would be awesome. And I suspect that over the next several months things like that will come out. This is a big secret to keep, and it's one thing for a solo finder to keep a secret like this. It's quite another for a wife and kids to keep this secret. Cuz, you know, they sure do like to talk. And once a wife or kid tells one of their friends it's game over as far as the secret thing goes.

Last edited:

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
" It's quite another for a wife and kids to keep this secret. Cuz, you know, they sure do like to talk. And once a wife or kid tells one of their friends it's game over as far as the secret thing goes." - MiddenMonster.
I would like to believe this is why there is no more information. If I found it, this is the course I would take, no one would know because, well that's how it gets out and everyone and there brother wants a piece of the pie, including the government.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The funniest part was the family statement of "I'm sure he grabbed a few stars and put them in his pocket on the way..." considering he had a long history of cultural theft and looting. Only reason he didnt die in jail was that he did have his plunder sitting in his house like his partners did when the govt came knocking.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
since the passing of Mr. & Mrs. Fenn, i thought the lawsuits would prob
be dismissed thrown out by now

I hadn't heard about the passing of Fenn's wife, but that doesn't necessarily put a halt to civil actions. But in looking at the links you provided, it looks like Barbara Anderson is throwing a legal hissie fit and trying to wage a paper war with numerous motions. She was shot down in her first attempt (which has to hurt since she's a lawyer who is representing herself), and now she's lost her only link to provide evidence that the finder stole her solve. Unless she beats all odds and wins a suit against the Fenn estate--and someone in a position to know actually does know the details of the poem and solve and where it was hidden, she be up the creek without a paddle.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
I hadn't heard about the passing of Fenn's wife, but that doesn't necessarily put a halt to civil actions. But in looking at the links you provided, it looks like Barbara Anderson is throwing a legal hissie fit and trying to wage a paper war with numerous motions. She was shot down in her first attempt (which has to hurt since she's a lawyer who is representing herself), and now she's lost her only link to provide evidence that the finder stole her solve. Unless she beats all odds and wins a suit against the Fenn estate--and someone in a position to know actually does know the details of the poem and solve and where it was hidden, she be up the creek without a paddle.

Personally I hope it ruins her financially so much that she is out in gutter from it and have to sell her ass. Her actions has from the start have just been one big greedy money grab for some thing she thinks see is entitled to? If she had solved it she would of found it. Whats to stop others saying they solved it and sue her?

These court actions are a prime example on how low and petty American society has really fallen.

Crow

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The funniest part was the family statement of "I'm sure he grabbed a few stars and put them in his pocket on the way..."

He was known to have targeted "Stars" in his operations in the entertainment industry

Some have been taken simply for not playing along with Aquino's, I mean Fenn's agenda

Aquino Forrest Fenn.jpg

Michael Aquino Sammy Davis.png

Michael Aquino Oprah Geraldo.jpg

Even Oprah and Geraldo took a spin on his Church of Satan wheel of death

Old Map Forrest Exclamation.jpg

From the NSA files on the Beale Papers, an article about a digger

You can see how well the two fit together

Awakening the Zodiac Pic.jpg

The same goes for the movie Awakening the Zodiac and his father's pic in the Thrill of the Chase....can you tell which is which?

Awakening the Zodiac Fenn Side Angle.jpg

From the scene in the same movie

Wondering how many more died by his hand? ....that is in reference to the already 6 or 7 dead on the "Chase"

Randy B Map Zodiac.jpg

Strange shapes on the map they found planted in the car of one of the murdered people Randy Bilyeau. His dog was found by the raft some distance from where the body was found

After they searched the area completely for days....this popped up on the hill .... his backpack

Randy Waterfall pAck.jpg

Of course if he is open about working for the CIA in Laos (where the US shouldn't have been, smuggling heroin) then he is comfortable enough to have told them something else about his work. The irony in the statement made by them is cold and heartless IMO....took some stars with him and put them in his pocket. IE bought them and/or had them killed.

The man personally tried to extract info about my solve on a website, ChaseChat, and then had the nerve to close off the side contest of him reviewing the solves of everyone, cutting it off when he got my solve first. Then when I was intercepted in the outback 5 minutes after I arrived at my location in the middle of nowhere, I told the story BEFORE anyone was killed, and nobody would listen to me ..... they banned me

Then one after the next they started to realize that I was not lying when I showed the families this info.....that was when everyone else began to suspect his real identity was that of Lt Col Michael Aquino, a notorious Serial Predator and Cult Leader.

He was served this warning...it was posted all over Santa Fe and Vegas....was not screwing around

sog-pOSTER-webview.jpg

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
maybe getting closer to ending this case

ORDER by Magistrate Judge John F. Robbenhaar denying 17 Motion for
Protective Order; granting in part and denying in part 20 Motion
for Extension of Time to Amend ; denying 26 Motion to Strike ;
finding as moot 29 Motion for Reconsideration ; denying 30 ORDER
on Motion for Supplement; denying 32 ORDER on Motion for Supplement.
(kc) (Entered: 11/20/2020)

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17231779/andersen-v-fenn/

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought any of those cases would proceed. Saying you "solved" the puzzle and now deserve the treasure....umm no ma'am, if you solved it, you'd have the treasure in your fat little hands (i imagine these people suing have fat little hands for some reason). Part of the challenge was getting out there and recovering it, not just "solving" a puzzle from the comfort of your mom's basement.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA

The fact that he hadn't heard of it or started searching for it until two years ago has to have a lot of people stewing in their own juices. He practically just walked in and found the treasure. It's also interesting that it was Barbara Andersen's lawsuit that triggered his coming forward. While I never thought she had a case, hers was the best route to figuring out the finder's identity because it alleged and actual crime, i.e. hacking. Now that his name is out, I don't think it will be too long before his solve is out and the world knows the exact location where the treasure was found. And since he doesn't appear to have any prior connection to Fenn, I wonder how this will alter the perceptions of those who thought it was a hoax.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread