Forrest Fenn s treasure

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Argus33 ive been working since i posted last,and i have (treasure & under face)
but i think im forcing it cause, i have vine/line,and about six other words that dont
seem to be in line with this treasure,maybe im using the stops wrong,or wrong
method too,ill get, i hope

ninjahunter

Mar 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anagram

but i think im forcing it cause, i have vine/line,and about six other words that dont

How were you discovering the stops. If it is an Anagram aren't you just reorganizing the letters. Also does this maybe have to do with the number 24 or the number 9 that seem to be coming up all over the place?

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's the problem anagramming this poem. It can lead you down a rabbit hole. If a person has a lot of experience cracking codes, then perhaps it can be done, but I think Forrest wrote the poem so that anyone can find the treasure, not just a code cracker.

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forrest wrote the poem so no one would find it... Which is anyone and everyone.. Since it is not hid, how are we going to find it?

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figure out this anagram and you have the answer to the treasure: FLINTS ION SHUFFLE.................. Clue: Its about who wrote the poem..... :hello2:

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok my thoughts on where the treasure is, I think it's in a storage locker in Santa Fe, that way he's able to see if any one has found it, but there's more. I think he's hidden a key to the locker and a map as to where the locker is, in a small box or maybe a coffee can or a jar somewhere in forrest north of Santa Fe. That would explain how a 79 year old man being treated for cancer could do it. :dontknow:

find1000

Greenie
Jan 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
garrett
I would like to hear your take on the clues. I also have spent many hours and will visit the area after the snow has departed.

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar realization about trying to re-arrange words, decode, etc, I would always end up with sentences with the words 'hint', and 'treasure', etc and would get excited, but there are lots of those words in the poem.

modernbandit

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the anagram idea... That is the only hidden code I have tried. I keep trying to make Yellowstone and surrounding areas into it. I travel there a few times a year to fly fish with my friends and this would give us an excuse to extend our trip...

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just a thought....Cross product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the poem being so vague may include many points on a cross product.... finding many locations in or around a location then finding their intersection. by doing this you may find a point in which to start or start. but since FF said anyone can find it throws that out the window. but a cross product is an "X" in theory and has multiple points that extend from it.

WishIwasRich

Mar 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a thought....Cross product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the poem being so vague may include many points on a cross product.... finding many locations in or around a location then finding their intersection. by doing this you may find a point in which to start or start. but since FF said anyone can find it throws that out the window. but a cross product is an "X" in theory and has multiple points that extend from it.

Hangtown, you are correct. A lot of those in the poem. Which ones can you be used, (as reliable points).

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hangtown, you are correct. A lot of those in the poem. Which ones can you be used, (as reliable points).
thats where getting out a topo map and get hiking in does the trick. I have about 5 locations picked out just from the stanzas. buying a Nation map tomorrow and seeing what I come up with. so far 2 points in wyoming, 3 in new mexico and 1 in colorado. home of brown is the kicker. that one is the vaguest of them all. brown could be so many things. dirt, yellow and red mixed with black, a bear, could even mean a actual color of a river, or even a brown trout. every other line seems to match up with different locations. brown shows up in them as well but in different contexts....i am baffled. tried some code, and others are making way on their strategies, but running into blocks on some things.. there has to be a simple Jig or rules to follow to find more depth to the clues.. he starts reading at "where warm waters halt" in an interview, and he said to "THINK" when he was asked about the poem. and if any location matches 9 of the clues in the poem i will mark it on the map. mostly the same nine show up. brown being the kicker.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the idea of a grand treasure hunt, but I am skeptical.

The one clue per month sounds like an excellent marketing ploy for his book.

The Today Show, and all the news channels that repeat it, has got to be a big sales booster.

I hope I'm wrong, and some one here finds it, but I know how hard it is to accumulate wealth, and I'm not leaving mine to just any one that stumbles across it. GL to the searchers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread