Forrest Fenn s treasure

ousooner82

Aug 21, 2012
Just having fun trying to interpret clues. Not in a position financially or geographically to take the adventure although I really wish I could.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will never find it from those clues! it is missing the basic element, a starting point. A set of clues can be visualized in many places without a starting point. If it is ever found it will be because someone accidentally View attachment 677647 stumbled on it. Frank
He's made it clear that it will NOT be stumbled upon.

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vor said:
Not to be negative but it is probably a hoax just to sell the books. The guy had to be broke from his extended dig.

Exactly.

Sent via: iPhone 4gS

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ousooner82 said:
Never been to New Mexico, Colorado or Wyoming, but would love to.

Me too!!!! I'd love to go look for this treasure.

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ousooner82 said:
Would have to already be a millionaire to afford looking for it.

It's not all about the money. It's about to throw the hunt.

ousooner82

Aug 21, 2012
No it's not, but takes plenty of it to go exploring. Some clues might mean something to some but to me, I am not familiar with any of the VAST area that would have to be explored. Wish I could just because I love to explore, I love nature and I love a challenge. Oh well...

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
ousooner, you ain't that far away. Take a week and scoot out to Santa Fe and have a little fun.

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roymonster said:
It's not all about the money. It's about to throw the hunt.

"THRILL" of the hunt!

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it's not, but takes plenty of it to go exploring. Some clues might mean something to some but to me, I am not familiar with any of the VAST area that would have to be explored. Wish I could just because I love to explore, I love nature and I love a challenge. Oh well...
The more you know about the guy, the more you can whittle it down. It's in a place that's very important to him, and it's in the Rocky Mountains.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At themarkd: If so, wouldn't Mt. Meeker be a good area to look? MEEKer, think about it.
Just remember, he was 80ish, just beat cancer, and had to make 2 trips with approximately 20-30 pounds of cargo to carry.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just referring to the poem. The word "meek" might possibly be in reference to Mt. Meeker.
Certainly could be. Nothing in the Rockies can really be discounted at this point.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only place that I saw it stated (other than this thread) that it was in the mountains north of Santa Fe was by two reporters. Without knowing the context of the entire quote/conversation, I am not so sure that they are correct.
I think more of a key is to find out where he would want to be buried and his San Larazo puebo is SE. But if it is north of SF, those aviators Snakeyes found in Pecos Canyon may be close or on the route.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only place that I saw it stated (other than this thread) that it was in the mountains north of Santa Fe was by two reporters. Without knowing the context of the entire quote/conversation, I am not so sure that they are correct.
I think more of a key is to find out where he would want to be buried and his San Larazo puebo is SE. But if it is north of SF, those aviators Snakeyes found in Pecos Canyon may be close or on the route.
Forrest has told me, and others, personally, that it is in the Rockies north of Santa Fe. he has also told me (and my group) that our kids could literally walk to it, pick it up (assuming strength) and walk away.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If his bio is in the box, you would assume that it is out of the weather. And if you can walk up to it, it is likely in a cave or under an overhang. That should limit the amount of places at least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread