Forrest Fenn s treasure

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Yes , some folks were out of thier element for sure.
A half day class/course/education would have saved a lot of grief.
Someone from a remote area can do fine tossed in a cement and glass jungle.
But the reverse is not as easy without some knowledge of what can bite you figuratively..

so so true & literally bite you
forgot an item on Forrest short list, don't go in the winter.

I saw a news story today on NTD about a 69 year old man who survived being lost in an Oregon forest for 17 days while camping. When found, he was in pretty good health. They didn't say how he survived in the news story, and none of the articles I read mentioned, either. But clearly he did something right. He definitely wasn't a snowflake, and I wonder if his age played a big part in his survival. Searchers left food packages, a lighter and notes for him during that time, but I don't know if he found them and survived because of that. He was eventually found when he heard searchers calling his name. He did make a couple of shelters during that time, so it doesn't seem like he was just some half-wit out of his element. But his experience does illustrate another survival item you should always have with you when you go on an excursion like this: A GPS navigator. Log the GPS coordinates of your vehicle, your campsite and any good fishing spots. Of course, his age may also have played a part in why he didn't have one. I know a lot of older people who scoff at the idea of a GPS navigator. But in reality, they are far better than cell phones because they don't rely on a tower connection to operate. Just satellites and no apocalyptic meteor showers to wipe them out. Article below:

Missing fisherman found alive after 17 nights in the Oregon wilderness

Someone from a remote area can do fine tossed in a cement and glass jungle.
But the reverse is not as easy without some knowledge of what can bite you figuratively..

The Beverly Hillbillies are proof of that!:)

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch the show this week and it was very interested. Sorry for the fine people who died. God bless.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true. And the smart finder would hire an attorney to represent him. Did Fenn indicate the finder contacted him to verify it was found or an attorney of the finder contacted him?

You are right, if it was truly found, we will hear from the finder. His story on the Treasure could well be worth more then treasure itself. He could sell the rights to book about his search, as well as display the treasure and even do appearances if he was so inclined.
So, this is how treasure hunting do it, I keep these comment in mind when I found buried treasure in Connecticut/

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe he keeps track of it by the paperwork inside.

“I give you title to the gold”
Title shows ownership

The IRS will allow you to gift up to $11.98 million once in your lifetime. The donator pays the taxes. He is betting on someone calling his attorney to finish the paperwork so they don’t have to pay taxes on it.

Shame on all of you, pay your taxes, you know the rest.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Annnnndddd his estate is getting sued again.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Annnnndddd his estate is getting sued again.

So what are the deets on this new lawsuit?

I just read that Barbara Andersen is trying to shoehorn her way into the Sandau case. Click the link below and scroll down to the July 8, 2021 entry, then click "Main Document". I noticed in her filing that while she is an attorney, her status is "inactive", so I guess she quit her day job when she became a treasure hunter. As you read through her filing it looks like a real cat fight is taking place between her and the Sandau plaintiffs. She's claiming that she alone solved the puzzle, and wants an in camera hearing to prove it. The Sandau folks actually sent her a letter demanding that she stop harassing them, and accused her of doing what she argued in her case that Erskine was doing, i.e. shoehorning himself into her case. She whipped up this filing herself, but at least it reads like a legitimate filing, unlike the Erskine filings. It's also interesting to note that she has a mailing address in New Mexico for purposes of this case, and if anyone is interested, she puts her e-mail address at the end of her filing. :angel3:

Barbara Andersen/Sandau Case Filing

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
not sure what is with B. A. withdrawal of claim with prejudice, as I understand it she is done

Based on my reading of it, she withdrew when the Estate declared that they have no title to the "Chest". Once they did that, it didn't make much sense for her to sue the Estate; her only gripe now is with Stueff. As for withdrawing with prejudice, I'm guessing that was something the Estate demanded so Andersen could avoid having to pay their legal fees. Had she not withdrawn with prejudice, she could have refiled at a later date so that's a way of assuring that she wouldn't come back like a slasher film creature. But it's interesting that she is still willing to give testimony in court against the Sandau Gang. That must be one heck of a cat fight going on there.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't seen a thread on this.... Anyone interested in it? I've done some cursory research and would like to share. The distance precludes me from searching, but would like to help. :icon_pirat:
The man is dead and buried. Heard that the treasure was found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread