Forrest Fenn s treasure - Page 217
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 217 of 227 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3395
Like Tree1051Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn s treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2018
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_curious View Post
    All these hints supposedly in all these books, etc. Then why does fenn say all you need is the poem, Google earth, and a good map, along with a little resolve, imagination, and a 6 pack of beer to celebrate with when you find it. But he swears up and down that all is needed is the poem. The book has subtle hints to solve the clues in the poem, but not to find the treasure. I don't think it's a hoax either but many do. Some people say he already retrieved it as well and is just keeping the chase going
    Most of the pictures and stories are about friends and family so maybe that is what he is saying it is about and it's just something he did for them and was meant to document his family history and bring his family together. There is a Fenn Treasure book online that is titled a treasure worth more than gold and in it the guy talks about spending time with his family searching for the Fenn treasure. There is a Netflix show called F is for Family and maybe that is what it's about. Family, friends, and being kind to people with the charity.
    Last edited by Clovis42; Feb 28, 2018 at 04:14 AM.

The Detectorist

Feb 2006
    Emory TX
    XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
    316 times
    Ive really gotten into this in the last few weeks. Have spent lots of hours on google earth and read a lot of history on the Rocky Mountains. Its suprising how many different places match up with the poem. Its seems every place that could be considered warm waters halting are almost ALL followed by a canyon and a home of Brown, lol. Ive only been working off the poem as the books haven't been shipped yet but I did order the first two books. IVe been watching and listening to all the Fenn interviews I can find as well. Its been enjoyable though. I've got quite a collection of possible locations. I'm planning on making a trip for a few days this fall. Not sure where I'm going yet, but want to have multiple spots to check wherever I go. Then maybe make trips to the other potential spots over the next few years.
    XP DEUS, AT Pro, Propointer AT, Lesche digger

us
    Having the time of my life!

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    913 times
    One location that fits well is at the mouth of the creek that empties into the Rio right across from the park that is way up on the hill/canyon. This is down the creek form the place they raise brown trout.
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

us
    Dec 2017
    NY
    NONE
    2 times
    Armchair hunts- code and Cipher solving
    Has anyone fancied the notion that "where warm waters halt" may be where YOU are halted by warm water? something like a dead end at a hot spring? It's not specific enough to confidently say it's the waters that are halted but the water halts something else? It is this most important of clues that may be taken out of context by everyone. Ive been scorned in other Fenn groups by this remark because it throws off 95% of searchers hypothesis.
    embrym and Elliott_C like this.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1259 times
    Ah, instead of warm waters are halted.
    Last edited by signal_line; Mar 24, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Mar 2011
    175 times
    Well I have lost my Thrill of the chase book somewhere..... I just started looking at this again. Sublette is an old railroad stop that used to have a water tower. There is a small camping area just to the north of it with fire rings. If you head up the tracks you will see that there is a gravel pit where they take on heavy loads of track base material. There are numerous springs in the area with little secluded Forrest plots. You can even see the trails and some white outcroppings from google earth. Still havent figured out how Brown fits into this....
    All relics, coins, or other items appearing in any of my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

us
    Executive Director of Nothing

May 2014
    Not in the can
    Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
    790 times
    It's out there, I think in Yellow Stone because one clue is "Home of Brown." Yellowstone is one of the first, if not the first places they planed German Brown Trout. A lot of people are skirting bears in Yellowstone trying to find it. One guy died there a while back looking. I'm going to pass on this one. I have to clip my toenails and take the trash out. Busy.
    Ryano likes this.

Jun 2017
    New Jersey
    20 times
    Thought I'd stop in and say hello for 2018.

Keep in mind that some treasure hunters have figured out the first two clues, which are essentially:

1. Begin it where warm waters halt
    2. And take it in the canyon down.

Personally, I think Forrest is a straight shooter with the beginning two clues of his poem.

So, find a place where water either abruptly becomes cooler, or evaporates rapidly so that it is no longer water, and then there needs to be a canyon adjacent to this.

How many places could there be in The Rockies that could make this happen? Well, some people were able to identify this, so it isn't impossibly impossible.

Unfortunately for them, they don't know that they were the ones who put this one-plus-one together.

But Forrest would want to have a straight-forward beginning to the Chase because even with it straight-forward, there are many, many starting point notions that can be dreamt-up with these beginning clues alone, so as to make it extremely difficult, nevertheless.

Some, somewhere out in The Rockies either by careful logic, blind luck, proximity-familiarity (they just happen to live nearby), or sheer numbers of stabs at a beginning location can make forward progress if they can just believe that one place (the correct place), above all others, stands out as the only starting point.

However, because of this inherent beginning difficulty, Forrest has pinned his hopes on the idea that whoever comes up with the correct beginning solution will have guessed it because they did a lot of thinking beforehand rather than hoping to win a lottery by buying a lot of tickets.

us
    Mar 2011
    175 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    It's out there, I think in Yellow Stone because one clue is "Home of Brown." Yellowstone is one of the first, if not the first places they planed German Brown Trout. A lot of people are skirting bears in Yellowstone trying to find it. One guy died there a while back looking. I'm going to pass on this one. I have to clip my toenails and take the trash out. Busy.
    Remember that Fenn has also said that a person could take a bike into the location and ride out with it or throw the bike into waters high. There is an underground cistern at the stop.....
    All relics, coins, or other items appearing in any of my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

us
    Having the time of my life!

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    913 times
    The place where warm waters halt could be Eagle nest lake, the water below the dam is colder. Trout (brown trout) live there because its colder, and the creek ends before Cimmron! Just dries up about where the boyscout land is. I have a Power Point addressing each of his hints and a location for each on that road. Been there twice once for a different treasure and then once for Fenns, and didn't find it.... I live near Cincinnati so I don't get out there. If you would like PM me and I will email it to you. I did post the PPT a few years ago on one of the Fenn threads.
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

The Detectorist

Feb 2006
    Emory TX
    316 times
    He said that where warm waters halt is not a dam.

Jun 2017
    New Jersey
    20 times
    Okaaaay,

Trying to get back up to speed after hibernating on the Chase for the winter. (I get the feeling everyone goes into hibernation on the Chase every winter.)

I just reviewed Cowlazars' vlogs, which can bring you up to speed without having to wade through a lot of reading.

Here is what I culled:

1. vlog#32 (Aug 30, 2017)
      1. t = 1:34; discussion about where to begin
        1. a good starting point after hibernating over a long winter
    2. vlog#33 (Aug 31, 2017)
      1. t = 2:50; further discussion about where to begin, Forrest advice
    3. vlog#39 (Sep 10, 2017)
      1. t = 1:30; possibility of two clues being one, too many canyons, Chaco Canyon(?)
    4. vlog#47 (Oct 6, 2017)
      1. t = 5:50; this vlog followed the Las Vegas shooting and Cowlazars decided to get serious about the Chase again
      2. FF the man & warm waters halt
        1. good discussion
    5. vlog#56 (Jan 20, 2018)
      1. t = 0;FF says "simplify"
    6. vlog#59 (Feb 11, 2018)
      1. t = 4:00; James Frey discussion on why hasn't anyone found it

And there you have it.

Cowlazars is an "armchair" FF treasure hunter. He doesn't actually go out and look for it because he lives in Las Vegas. But he has a vlog and he provides thought provoking discussion, and he's worth checking out because you don't have to read stuff, you just have to listen to him. He also posts occasionally on this thread. (I think (from memory))

Next, I'll check out A Gypsy's Kiss. These two their vlog are really into it. And they go and search.

They're fun to listen to, too. Don't know if their stuff needs culling. They have a LOT of vlogs!

Charter Member
    us
    Knight of the Round Bowl

Feb 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    983 times
    Cache Hunting
    I have Fenn's latest book "Upon A While", autographed no less, published last year.

The Detectorist

Feb 2006
    Emory TX
    316 times
    Treasure is northof Santa Fe
    Treasure is ineither New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming or Montana
    Treasure is above5000' and below 10200' in elevation
    Not in a cemetary orbuilding
    Chest is locatedsomewhere an 80yo man could make two trips to in one afternoon
    Not in the desert
    Don’t have to moveheavy rocks or scale a precipice
    Don’t search withsnow on the ground
    Chest is NOTunderwater
    Not near the RioGrande river
    Not under a man madeobject
    Not in a mine ortunnel
    Not in Canada
    Don’t need to breakanything to find the treasure chest
    WWWH is not a Dam
    Goodyguy and HardHatMatt like this.

The Detectorist

Feb 2006
    Emory TX
    316 times
    I'm making my first boots on the ground search this summer with my 17 yo daughter and dad going along with me. I have my main solve to search and also have a couple other possibilities to check out as well. Going to spend a week out searching. Ill be looking in the area in and surrounding Yellowstone (Cody, Thermopolis, Gardiner). Cant wait to get out there. Will be taking a garmin GPS with my routes I want to search loaded in it. Also looking forward to some warm river soaking in Yellowstone and at Thermopolis. I wont be hiking any farther than 1.5 miles from the car. Going to fly out and rent a car for the week.

Any advice for the area is appreciate as far as where to stay, good places to eat, best place for supplies and bear spray, anything else. Thanks!
    Ryano likes this.

Sponsored Links