Forrest Fenn s treasure

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
West Richland, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
After reading much more regarding Fenn's life and about the treasure/poem, I think the area it is probably hidden is not too far from the Montana and Wyoming border, close to the north entrance of Yellowstone which is the only entrance that is open year round. Whether it is actually in Yellowstone, not sure, According to some things that I have read, he really likes the areas he spent in Yellowstone as a child, fishing in certain spots.
I also think the "home of Brown" is about bears, not trout. There is a brown bear sanctuary in Montana(I forget the name of it)

This is definitely a new one... Way out there. All tho good.

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
I believe this is the case -- he's mentioned in him memoir that there is a key on display at the bookstore in Santa Fe. GPS unlikely since the box has been out there for a few years.

Maybe in a wall safe. Look at his art work. You can give me a finders reward and thank me later...

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Where is the largest area that is home to the "Brown Bear" or as commonly known as the Grizzly bear??? The Yellowstone ecosystem.. The home of the brown.. That was the ingenious thought I had came up with to.. But that only narrows it down to a couple thousand square miles.. :)

He doesn't say: the home of the Brown... it states " the home of Brown"

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
I agree with you fetcher. As proud as Forrest seems, if this were a hoax, it would devastate his so called legacy he is attempting to leave behind.

Honestly though, who would actually report the finding if\when the treasure is found? Would someone want that kind of exposure?

I would have to disagree. The notoriety from it would not only humble a good person but set his family as Mr. Feen's is for life.

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Home or house of Brown? Research old county records, land deeds, etc for anyone owning property in the region named Brown. Would old history books, county records name any old settlers, ranchers, trappers, miners, etc named Brown? Figure out that clue and you will be a long ways towards pin pointing a workable search area. Maby it was an old road named Brown's Road? This clue stands out as one easier to work on then some of the others. And if I were the one to find it, I would probably not advertize the fact, just take the loot and leave quietly. Which means it may have been found and the rest of the treasure hunters are just wasting time. Still, nothing like a good hike out in nature with a little mystery thrown in for good measure!

If we find it we will leave a much appreciated message at the site and please whoever it may be return the silver bracelet to Mr. Fenn.....

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
How about each of us post something relevant to one line in the poem. This could really be beneficial. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing someone find the treasure, add something valuable to it, and hide it again. Those who find it become part of an elite group of treasure hunters called Fenn's Network. Eventually this could be a ten million dollar treasure chest that lasts hundreds of years.

Just an idea, but even I don't think I could give up a treasure worth more than 2 mil. ???

If I find it. Being older I will take out enough to make sure me and mine are secure then add some superior value with another note/ memoir then rebuty it to live on and on and on......

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
my uncle is not as big as fenn,but he is still pretty strong, for 81 and he is a cancer survivor too
last summer he was in the hils of w.va,and his truck broke down,he carried a 25# bag of dog food
and 2gal of milk, 5# meat in a box ,about 1/2 mile, then up a steep driveway, said he only rested
2x for about 5 min, he was worried about critters getting the food
so i dont know if fenn rested enough times,he would prob be alright

God Bless your Uncle may he be Blessed much.....

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
DISCLAIMER: Vor will probably respond to this post in a weird trippy, "give me attention", kind of way because its bugs the crap out of him that I am enjoying my life.

ok so when I said form a team. I meant you have to at least post something on the thread in order to even be a candidate. Sniperville.

Fetcher, I hear ya, I am in Northern Cali. Going to try to get two-week long trips in this summer, search my spots, plus do some killer fishing. There are a couple good minded people on this site that actually do not snipe information. I do know that creating a team does require some contracts and other things, (treasure makes people crazy, just look at Vor). Trust and respect go a long way in making an efficient team. I am totally down in eventually forming a team up but its a headache when it come to the treasure, honest good loving people are'nt the ones to worry about when forming a team, its the nasty sniper style, "stab ya in the back imma go hide my treasure in the bank" type person that I worry about, But I love sharing ideas, its going to take a lot more than just knowing what state or park it's in to find it.

I truly believe that it is north of Colorado. Yellowstone, Teton? places pan out on the stanzas in the poem. I think he did drive or fly it somewhere. All places north of SF are very valid locations that "could" be assumed a good spot. So thats why I think the true clues are in a cipher in this damn poem, every hike you go on take the poem with you to ponder and read while fishing and hunting. I have gone through two different decode methods and no luck yet, going to Lake Tahoe this weekend, so I have time to ponder my thoughts and read the poem on natures time.

REMINDER: Please look out for each other on the trails, bring adequate supplies and plan your hikes.
Train in a gym, explore in the woods.

Hangtown, think your ideas are great. I'm in Washington state but thanks to the government as is my job ends this week. Anyways send me a pm if the team thing goes. Been following Mr. Fenn for a while, it's out there and the legend lives on....

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Forrest wrote the poem so no one would find it... Which is anyone and everyone.. Since it is not hid, how are we going to find it?

Fenn wrote the poem so simple a child would be able too find it. If any of you have children let them be involved. Maybe we adults over think everything....

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forrest Fenn has not hid the box yet... It is still in his possession.. Once he hides it for all to find I will tell you where it is, but until then keep dreaming... And if you are skeptical about this prove me wrong and find it.. :)

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Forrest Fenn has not hid the box yet... It is still in his possession.. Once he hides it for all to find I will tell you where it is, but until then keep dreaming... And if you are skeptical about this prove me wrong and find it.. :)

So I assume this is your last post in this thread? Or will you chime in here and there to remind others of your ideas surrounding the treasure and whether it is hidden or not. Just curious...

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

i dont understand,FF wrote a poem where he is going to hide the Tbox,then FF is going to hide it at a later date
so mister X figed the poem out went no Tbox,but he dosent know he found the spot, bc FF didnt hide the Tbox
your whole statement just doesnt make sense

Pike101

Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time poster

Take each line of the poem and anytime you see a letter that only appears twice in the line, you use that letter. For example, the first line would provide " I,H,O,and N. Do this for the whole poem. When you have all of those letters, you arrange them to make the following series of words;
"The treasure is hid in the big canyon north-west of the Brown Ranch. Dig, quick, devils frost shard ford." with "OHRWDHMHPDDW" remaining.

Your welcome. ; )~

I think you're on to something, but I believe it's more complicated than what you came up with. I'm sure that you nailed a few key words, but how did you know what words to spell and what order to put them in? I only ask because I can come up with all directions from these letters. "North-west" could be right, but so could any other direction. Until all of the letters make words, I have to doubt what the message says so far. Mainly, because it contradicts the poem. If it is "Put in below the home of brown," then it couldn't be north-west of Brown ranch. I doubt FF would give us a clue, then contradict those clues with more clues. Yea, he might do that with the media and individuals, but I don't think he would go through all of the trouble to come up with this "perfect" poem with sequences of letters that form key words. Anyway, my two-cents. I am spending some time on these letters though, but it's not easy. So many possibilities and assumptions. I have a few places in mind that I came up with from key words in the poem, and I think it is either in Wyoming or Colorado. That doesn't narrow it down much, but it's a start. Figuring out the Brown ranch or whatever Brown is (Have to assume name or place due to it being the only word capitalized in the poem that isn't beginning a line) the hardest part I think. Once someone gets that, the rest of it should fall in place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread