Forrest Fenn s treasure - Page 221
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 221 of 226 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3389
Like Tree1033Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn s treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreece99 View Post
    And my first thought was ,what if he is lying and its south of santa fe,new mexico ...
    There are several people here who think Fenn is lying. But they believe he is lying about there being a treasure at all. And if we go down the lying road, that makes sense. If he was going to lie about something, I think the more reasonable lie would be about the existence of the treasure, not about the location. Lying about the location implies that he doesn't want anyone to find it. But if he doesn't want anyone to find it, the best way to do that is to not hide the treasure in the first place.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

Sep 2018
    222 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I believe he keeps track of it by the paperwork inside.

“I give you title to the gold”
    Title shows ownership

The IRS will allow you to gift up to $11.98 million once in your lifetime. The donator pays the taxes. He is betting on someone calling his attorney to finish the paperwork so they don’t have to pay taxes on it.

us
    Oct 2014
    NE Texas
    329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by travis.gore.79 View Post
    I believe he keeps track of it by the paperwork inside.

“I give you title to the gold”
    Title shows ownership

The IRS will allow you to gift up to $11.98 million once in your lifetime. The donator pays the taxes. He is betting on someone calling his attorney to finish the paperwork so they don’t have to pay taxes on it.
    Hi Travis,

Where does the IRS say this?

Sep 2018
    222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barnhse View Post
    Hi Travis,

You’ve never seen the movie Shawshank Redemption?

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barnhse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by travis.gore.79 View Post
    You’ve never seen the movie Shawshank Redemption?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gift_t...tes#Exemptions
    "There are two levels of exemption from the gift tax. First, gifts of up to the annual exclusion ($14,000 per recipient for the years 2013 thru 2017 and $15,000 for 2018 thru 2020) incur no tax or filing requirement. By splitting their gifts, married couples can give up to twice this amount tax-free. Each giver and recipient pair has its own annual exclusion; a giver can give to any number of recipients and the exclusion is not affected by other gifts that recipient may have received from other givers.

Second, gifts in excess of the annual exclusion may still be tax-free up to the lifetime estate basic exclusion amount ($11.58 million for 2020). For estates over that amount, however, such gifts might result in an increase in estate taxes. Taxpayers that expect to have a taxable estate may sometimes prefer to pay gift taxes as they occur, rather than saving them up as part of the estate.

Furthermore, transfers (whether by bequest, gift, or inheritance) in excess of $1 million may be subject to a generation-skipping transfer tax if certain other criteria are met.
    "
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

us
    Oct 2014
    NE Texas
    329 times
    Thanks, Midden and Travis.

Dec 2006
    2581 times
    no details yet, Forrest says found
    https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/blog-collection-1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 12.16.30 PM.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	1839465

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 12.23.12 PM.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	1839466
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    Now things get very interesting. Will the person who found it come forward, or stay in the shadows? And if that person comes forward, how will the people who said Fenn was lying spin this? Even if the person who found it remains anonymous, it would be nice if they posted a clue by clue breakdown of their solve.
    Middenmonster

Feb 2006
    1649 times
    I will wait for actual evidence. Far too many people, over the years, have claimed to have found it, with nothing in their hands at the end of the day. An entry on Fenn’s blog says someone found it, but until positive evidence shows up, the entry means little, except someone has convinced Fenn enough for a blog entry.

Always follow evidence, not opinion, if you want facts.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by galenrog View Post
    I will wait for actual evidence. Far too many people, over the years, have claimed to have found it, with nothing in their hands at the end of the day. An entry on Fenn’s blog says someone found it, but until positive evidence shows up, the entry means little, except someone has convinced Fenn enough for a blog entry.

Always follow evidence, not opinion, if you want facts.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said--with one exception. That exception is that, "someone has convinced Fenn enough for a blog entry." If we are to follow evidence, I don't believe there is any yet for someone having convinced Fenn they have the treasure. I've maintained all along that the treasure was hidden close to where Fenn lives so he could keep an eye on it and watch the progress of the treasure hunt. If that is true, Forrest Fenn may have observed that the treasure was no longer there and concluded that someone found it. And even then, all that he knows is that it is no longer there. It could have been carried off by a chupacabra. But I do believe that Fenn has been on top of what is going on from the beginning, and if he says someone found it, then I believe he knows. He does say to watch for more information in the future, so I'm confident that we will be hearing more about it. Even if the person who found it doesn't tell the IRS, I'm betting they would at least tell Forrest Fenn they found it, if for no other reason than to thank him for the treasure hunt and to receive a well deserved congratulations from Fenn himself. Everyone likes praise, and in this case it would be a mutual round of praise between finder and stasher. Fenn also has another good 15 minutes of fame on the morning shows and news programs in the coming days and weeks. I'm sure he would like to talk about it and explain his method and madness.

EDIT: A simple Google search shed a bit more light on the story. Fenn said that the man who found it is from back East, and doesn't want his name mentioned. He sent Fenn a picture. Here's the link:

Forrest Fenn confirms his treasure has been found

So I stand corrected. By way of a picture as evidence, some has convinced Fenn that the treasure has been found.
    Last edited by MiddenMonster; Jun 07, 2020 at 03:18 PM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Middenmonster

Jul 2014
    1550 times
    Yes,it appears it has been found...I expect he might give some kind of explanation of the clues of the poem and the location of the treasure without mentioning the identity of the finder...I believed all along it was hidden in NM..we will see his explanations,,particularly I am curious about the "blaze" ...

TT

Dec 2006
    2581 times
    bummer location to be kept a secret, but maybe the state will be known

Fenn also says the person does not want to publicly divulge the location where he found the treasure. That will remain a secret. Although, Fenn said during the phone call Sunday that he may say at a later date which of the four states it was hidden in.
    https://kdvr.com/news/local/forrest-...as-been-found/

Jul 2014
    1550 times
    To the best of my knowledge there was no earlier commitment made by FF to keep the location and the clues secret for the sake of the finder ...For obvious reasons the finder would want to remain anonymous and we all understand and respect that ... but I dont see why the location and the clues should not be disclosed..

TT

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_treasure View Post
    To the best of my knowledge there was no earlier commitment made by FF to keep the location and the clues secret for the sake of the finder ...For obvious reasons the finder would want to remain anonymous and we all understand and respect that ... but I dont see why the location and the clues should not be disclosed..
    That's true. Forrest Fenn owns the knowledge of the location and the answers to the clues, not the finder. In fact, it would look very bad for Fenn if he didn't lay it all out for everyone to see. Finder wants to remain anonymous. Fine. No one wants the IRS all up in their grill. Or friends and relatives they didn't even know they had. But there is no logical reason for the finder to want to keep the solve and the location a secret...unless it was found in Area 51...
    Middenmonster

Jul 2014
    1550 times
    I think the finder may be a bit paranoid..because so long us the state where the location is located is not disclosed or at least kept vague no investigation by the authorities of that state will start...I think that is the issue here...but from the wording of FF he probably chose his words to avoid any legal hassle as well because if the finder got to the treasure according to the poem (which FF has said that is the case)then it can be legally debated he took it by the "permission" of Fenn the owner...so i guess the intricate world of legal jargon are the issue here ...But I dont see how the authorities can get hold of the finder even if the state is disclosed as he is anonymous...hence I am of the opinion FF need to disclose the information of the location for a good ending of the game...
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by MiddenMonster View Post
    That's true. Forrest Fenn owns the knowledge of the location and the answers to the clues, not the finder. In fact, it would look very bad for Fenn if he didn't lay it all out for everyone to see. Finder wants to remain anonymous. Fine. No one wants the IRS all up in their grill. Or friends and relatives they didn't even know they had. But there is no logical reason for the finder to want to keep the solve and the location a secret...unless it was found in Area 51...

Sponsored Links