Forrest Fenn s treasure - Page 228
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 228 of 230 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3439
Like Tree1088Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn s treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #3406
    us
    Silver Fiend

    Oct 2009
    9,550
    9195 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddenMonster View Post
    I bet his wife knows the location where it was found and the details behind the poem. She might give it up at some point.
    No, estates can still be sued, and she could be listed as a "co-conspirator" or something. No, this wrapped up too neatly, and has all the appearance of trying to avoid litigation.
    Honest Samuel likes this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

  2. #3407

  3. #3408
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    728
    1377 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    No, estates can still be sued, and she could be listed as a "co-conspirator" or something. No, this wrapped up too neatly, and has all the appearance of trying to avoid litigation.
    This is a good point. As i've said from the moment it was "found". The whole thing just seemed off. Like it was poorly scripted. I assume he knew his days were numbered, and by some "shy guy from the east coast" finding it, it would help to prevent his estate from being sued. I guess, in essence, Fenn was the treasure hunt.
    Ryano and Jason in Enid like this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

  4. #3409

    Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    767
    662 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    No, estates can still be sued, and she could be listed as a "co-conspirator" or something. No, this wrapped up too neatly, and has all the appearance of trying to avoid litigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    This is a good point. As i've said from the moment it was "found". The whole thing just seemed off. Like it was poorly scripted. I assume he knew his days were numbered, and by some "shy guy from the east coast" finding it, it would help to prevent his estate from being sued. I guess, in essence, Fenn was the treasure hunt.
    Oh, come on, people! This is America! Anyone can sue anybody for anything. The question is, can they win? To successfully sue someone, you have to 1) have standing, 2) have some injury that can be made whole, and 3) have evidence to get past the initial filing stage when it is first considered by the court. So who in this country is going to be able to show that they have standing and suffered some injury? And what evidence could they present so that the court will allow the lawsuit to proceed to the discovery phase? You can't just file a lawsuit and hope that you can dig something up in discovery later on. Just claiming that they have the correct solve but the treasure wasn't there when they went to retrieve it isn't going to be enough.
    Middenmonster

    There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

  5. #3410
    us
    Silver Fiend

    Oct 2009
    9,550
    9195 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Any more its not about being able to win the suit, its about surviving the legal costs of the battle. Thats why corporations are willing to settle any lawsuit 90% of the time. You can win the battle but lose the war.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

  6. #3411

    Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    767
    662 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Any more its not about being able to win the suit, its about surviving the legal costs of the battle. Thats why corporations are willing to settle any lawsuit 90% of the time. You can win the battle but lose the war.
    I can understand your point as it relates to the Respondents because it may be in their financial interest to resolve a nuisance suit. But Appellants can easily find an attorney to take the case on contingency, whether they have a solid case or not. And so far, no one to my knowledge has successfully sued Forrest Fenn or his estate, nor has Fenn or his estate paid out a settlement to settle a nuisance claim. So we are back at square one where there needs to be an injured party who has standing and can provide some threshold of evidence to a judge to allow the suit to proceed. Barbara Anderson seemed to be the closest, and she failed--and she is also an attorney who has the underlying knowledge that the average lawsuit lottery yahoo doesn't have. Let's put aside the people who have tried and failed to successfully sue Fenn. For the sake of argument, let's say there is some imaginary plaintiff we can use as an example to explore this question. Make up some examples of the three key elements needed for someone to file a lawsuit against the Fenn estate and get it to the discovery stage: Injury, standing and threshold evidence to get it past the initial pleading.
    Middenmonster

    There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

  7. #3412

  8. #3413

    Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    767
    662 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    Excellent find @cw0909. And while The Finder stated he won't answer the primary question, he did leave a clue that leaves open the possibility it could still become known:

    "Forrest had the ultimate poker face. In the summer of 2018, the only time I had talked to Forrest on the phone before finding the treasure, I called to tell him in desperation I had found a “blaze” — the mark that the poem says points to the treasure — that seemed after some effort by me to have been faked by a cruel fellow searcher even though it had evidently been there for years. I couldn’t believe the chances. I told him exactly where I had been searching, but the call only lasted about 20 seconds, and he gave no impression he found my discovery at all interesting.

    That fake blaze was less than 1,000 feet from where I eventually found the treasure. And that’s not even the half of that story.
    "

    If he is correct that a "cruel fellow searcher" faked a blaze, the location of the treasure can be placed to within 1,000 feet. All that is necessary is that a person who created a fake blaze in Wyoming come forward to tell us where that fake blaze is located, and how may years before the treasure was found that they created it.

    We also have some statements that undercut the ideas that Fenn had someone he knew retrieve the treasure or that it never existed. The Finder states that while he talked to Fenn on the phone, he never met Fenn before finding the treasure. He also states that the treasure will be liquidated to pay off debts. Hard to do if it never existed. So either the finder is telling the truth and The Chase was legitimate, or he is lying and the whole thing has mushroomed into a big, multi-tentacled conspiracy. For those that believe the latter, it's time for real evidence. Because as of now, all the evidence favors Fenn.
    cw0909 and tintin_treasure like this.
    Middenmonster

    There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

  9. #3414

    Dec 2006
    3,994
    2626 times
    Midden ive read it several times, maybe its someone speaking for the finder.
    then i thought maybe it has something to do with the Andersen woman, as
    she is seeking the unknown finders info, went and looked and see below

    im not sure what this means.......
    4. The Motion for Protective Order (Doc 17) is now ready for hearing
    https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...49445.27.0.pdf

    (Doc 17) is here
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...dersen-v-fenn/

  10. #3415
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    728
    1377 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    Wow, what an eloquent postmortem obituary. Looks like his publicist had that ready to go after his death. Yet again, in the shadow's of anonymity begging more questions then it answers. Real treasure finds aren't this scripted, mysterious or eloquent in my opinion.

    Think about some recent treasure finds, such as the saddle back ridge hoard. The circumstances surrounding it are completely transparent, other then not wanting to reveal exactly where their property is to avoid people trespassing, there is no doubt in anyone's mind as to its authenticity.

    This whole Fenn "find" continues to be like a novel in of itself surrounded in secrecy and mystery. I'm sure a book is to follow too, no doubt authored in a pen name....
    Last edited by GoDeep; Sep 24, 2020 at 01:30 PM.
    Crow likes this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

  11. #3416
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    728
    1377 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddenMonster View Post
    Because as of now, all the evidence favors Fenn.
    Agree to Disagree. I believer the circumstantial evidence says otherwise. Anonymous statements by shadow finders? Talk about "Fake news". You can't put much credibility in these statements, anyone could have written them.

    Prediction: In short order we will see a book by the heirs of Forrest Fenn and a book by an anonymous ghost writer claiming to be the finder, no doubt under a pen name.

    A perfectly scripted ending...

    Also, to clarify, i don't buy any of these suits by those who claimed to have solved the riddle. They have even less credibility to me. If you "solved" the riddle, you'd have the alleged treasure in your hands.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Sep 24, 2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Crow likes this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

  12. #3417

    Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    767
    662 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    Agree to Disagree. I believer the circumstantial evidence says otherwise. Anonymous statements by shadow finders? Talk about "Fake news".
    In this case the statements we have are direct/testimonial evidence; they are not ambiguous. We have the statements by Fenn confirming the treasure had been found, and we have the statements made by the person who found the treasure. Granted, the latter are less confirmational than the former, but they are out there for examination, none the less. But in their favor it is likely that the editors at Medium made some kind of effort to confirm the identity of the finder, such as the standard kidnap package--a photo of the treasure with a current newspaper showing a headline and date, for example. But even if we accept that the statements by Fenn and the finder are circumstantial, they are independent and corroborate each other. And the only evidence that the treasure is real or not are statements made by Fenn over the years and those of the finder this year, all of which support Fenn. There isn't a single shred of evidence of any kind supporting the hoax theory or the idea that the treasure hunt was rigged; just claims and nothing more.
    Middenmonster

    There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

  13. #3418
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    728
    1377 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddenMonster View Post
    There isn't a single shred of evidence of any kind supporting the hoax theory or the idea that the treasure hunt was rigged; just claims and nothing more.
    Agree to disagree. Evidence isn't just statements, it can be direct, circumstantial, testimonial, demonstrative, analogical etc. Evidence can be timing of an event. Evidence can be a circumstance. Evidence can be what isn't said as much or more then what is said. I spent 11 years in LE and one thing you learn real quick when investigating crimes, there are no coincidences.

    I will never convince you, but for those on the fence, consider these pieces of evidence:

    1. The statement that it was found, and the only identified party, is the interested and vested party, Fenn himself. The "finder" statement is not verified and unidentified. Testimonial evidence from a vested and interested party (Fenn) is always looked at critically and can be some of the least reliable testimony.

    2. The "finder". Anonymous, unidentified. The only one vouching for the "finder" is the interested party (Fenn). The interested party (Fenn) can conveniently defer to it being up to (the anonymous) finder to identify himself, thus alleviating any burden to provide evidence.

    3. Just prior to announcing it was found, Fenn was served with an amended lawsuit.

    4. Just prior to announcing it was found, another "solver" claimed he contacted Fenn with the solve, the very day prior to Fenn's announcement.

    5. Just prior to announcing it was found, two more deaths occurred in their search for the treasure and Law Enforcement called upon Fenn to call off the search.

    6. The solve and exact location has not been provided. The interested party (Fenn) can conveniently defer to it being up to (the anonymous) finder thus alleviating any burden to provide evidence.

    7. The box and it's contents do not match the original pictures vs the found pictures. See my post history for a break down of what i observed. Some point to a statement Fenn made saying he changed what was in the box, but it is also noted that this post was made years after it was buried, some citing as late as just a few months ago after the treasure was found.

    8. The initial statement from Fenn really emphasized a narrative of the finder being secretive and wishing to remain anonymous. From a LE standpoint, this really raises eyebrows. If you were so adamant on anonymity, why contact Fenn at all? Then to pile on, you a few weeks later fly across the US with the treasure in your possession to meet Fenn? You then pen a post mortem treatise about Fenn and your find? These are not the actions of someone wishing to remain anonymous.

    9. Looking to other confirmed cases of found treasure in recent history (saddleback ridge horde and a recent discovery of 28 sarcophaguses in Egypt come to mind), they are easily verifiable and aren't shrouded in a fog of secrecy and anonymous finders. This case isn't consistent with other found treasures in history.

    10. Fenn's death, though maybe sudden, it's likely he knew of his decline and imminent death. Speaks to timing of it being found just prior to his death.

    11. Claiming it was found prior to his death, could provide shield to lawsuits to the heirs of his estate (this is a big motive imo).

    12. Fenn didn't provide pictures of the buried treasure until years after he buried it, claiming he "forgot he had some pictures on his camera of it".

    I'm sure there is much more evidence if i dug deeper or examined the case closer, but i'm just tired in general of setting the internet right...lol. So tired.

    If one has an open mind, there is much evidence to at least question whether it has been legitimately found or was ever hidden to begin with.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Sep 25, 2020 at 12:55 AM.
    Jason in Enid likes this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

  14. #3419
    us
    Sep 2015
    Washington
    457
    367 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    Agree to disagree.
    If one has an open mind, there is much evidence to at least question whether it has been legitimately found or was ever hidden to begin with.
    Great post Deep. I personally am I fan of the theory the entire treasure was a hoax. Plus as you point out, everything just fits to well in the box.
    GoDeep likes this.

  15. #3420
    us
    Silver Fiend

    Oct 2009
    9,550
    9195 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddenMonster View Post
    ......... There isn't a single shred of evidence of any kind supporting the hoax theory or the idea that the treasure hunt was rigged; just claims and nothing more.
    This is a logical fallacy and I suspect you know it. You are attempting to force the arguer to prove a negative. I can just as easily say I have put a bar of gold in your living room. You say "I cant see it", and then I simply reply with "prove that it isnt there".
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

blaze near firehole canyon

,
content
,
ffenn@earthlink.net
,
firehole canyon brown
,

forrest fenn map page 133

,
forrest fenn net worth
,
forrest fenn poem
,
forrest fenn scorched by fire
,
forrest fenn treasure found warning
,
mindy fausey
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0