Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 26 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
Like Tree402Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn's treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2013
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You can get thermal out of "warm waters halt" pretty easily...

us
    Got cash? I'll show you some pay dirt.

Jan 2013
    El dorado county
    24 times
    Prospecting
    just a thought....Cross product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the poem being so vague may include many points on a cross product.... finding many locations in or around a location then finding their intersection. by doing this you may find a point in which to start or start. but since FF said anyone can find it throws that out the window. but a cross product is an "X" in theory and has multiple points that extend from it.

Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtown View Post
    just a thought....Cross product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the poem being so vague may include many points on a cross product.... finding many locations in or around a location then finding their intersection. by doing this you may find a point in which to start or start. but since FF said anyone can find it throws that out the window. but a cross product is an "X" in theory and has multiple points that extend from it.
    Hangtown, you are correct. A lot of those in the poem. Which ones can you be used, (as reliable points).

us

Jan 2013
    El dorado county
    24 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIwasRich View Post
    Hangtown, you are correct. A lot of those in the poem. Which ones can you be used, (as reliable points).
    thats where getting out a topo map and get hiking in does the trick. I have about 5 locations picked out just from the stanzas. buying a Nation map tomorrow and seeing what I come up with. so far 2 points in wyoming, 3 in new mexico and 1 in colorado. home of brown is the kicker. that one is the vaguest of them all. brown could be so many things. dirt, yellow and red mixed with black, a bear, could even mean a actual color of a river, or even a brown trout. every other line seems to match up with different locations. brown shows up in them as well but in different contexts....i am baffled. tried some code, and others are making way on their strategies, but running into blocks on some things.. there has to be a simple Jig or rules to follow to find more depth to the clues.. he starts reading at "where warm waters halt" in an interview, and he said to "THINK" when he was asked about the poem. and if any location matches 9 of the clues in the poem i will mark it on the map. mostly the same nine show up. brown being the kicker.

Jul 2012
    nc Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    856 times
    I love the idea of a grand treasure hunt, but I am skeptical.

The one clue per month sounds like an excellent marketing ploy for his book.

The Today Show, and all the news channels that repeat it, has got to be a big sales booster.

I hope I'm wrong, and some one here finds it, but I know how hard it is to accumulate wealth, and I'm not leaving mine to just any one that stumbles across it. GL to the searchers.
    Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

Mar 2013
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtown View Post
    Why does everyone assume he drove to bury it? he is a pilot."not far but too far to walk"... do any of your areas have a nearby airport? The spot I have researched has a small airpot near it with rental cars nearby, plus many hints match up, BUT FF did say how there are 9 clues in the poem...He started reading at "where warm..." I think there is a decipher to do before knowing what exact clues to use in the search. I have tried three ways of deciphering and nothing has panned out yet... anyone know old navajo code from vietnam? he was a fighter pilot in vietnam shot down twice. Does anyone know if he was still flying when he hid the treasure? and every letter of the alphabet is in the poem except for "X"....
    New by here...

I think you may have something here. I'm a pilot and own a plane, although not quite as nice as the Mirage Mr. Fenn is pictured in. If his plane is/was the jet prop version that I believe it is, the plane travels at roughly 275 knots, meaning he could travel pretty far in a short period of time. The plane is also capable of landing on most small airfields. However, I believe I read somewhere that he was not flying anymore. As for filing with the FAA to fly, although it not required for VFR flight, it would be unlikely that someone flying this complex of plane would not at least request flight following.

As I mentioned, I'm a pilot, own a plane and would love to team up with anyone who needs a lift to go hunting!

Mar 2013
    6 times
    I'm up in the icy wastes of northern Wisconsin. I'm working on some intriguing possibilities. I might could use a partner with a plane soon...

us

Jan 2013
    El dorado county
    24 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinite View Post
    New by here...

I think you may have something here. I'm a pilot and own a plane, although not quite as nice as the Mirage Mr. Fenn is pictured in. If his plane is/was the jet prop version that I believe it is, the plane travels at roughly 275 knots, meaning he could travel pretty far in a short period of time. The plane is also capable of landing on most small airfields. However, I believe I read somewhere that he was not flying anymore. As for filing with the FAA to fly, although it not required for VFR flight, it would be unlikely that someone flying this complex of plane would not at least request flight following.

As I mentioned, I'm a pilot, own a plane and would love to team up with anyone who needs a lift to go hunting!
    yeah... I agree... I'm only marking spots out that have an airport nearby, within 25-50 miles at least. I going flying with pilot buddies and it is not that hard to fly a plane, just a lot to remember and do. when you fly, you fly by tail number, he could have even rented a plane, and if he was a pilot in Vietnam and loved the outdoors then he for surely flew that treasure somewhere. I can almost guarantee the treasure is not in NM.

Mar 2013
    I agree that the "find", be it treasure or some additional poem, key, piece of the puzzle.. is not in NM. I could be very wrong.. but that is the fun part of trying to figure this out. Bunch of different camps, but it's even nice to be in several of these and searching for that elusive piece. Living in the south, I'm hoping to leave shortly, maybe even twice this year to search out spots that are pointed out in the poem. Hangtown, I think a matrix could have some real potential. I think FF is very math oriented and adding things up is part of it. Argus, I think you could be on to something, too. So is Adam the Adventure. Adam I hope you and I have come to some of the same conclusions. Based on some of your information, it points to the blaze being the key. The blaze gives you a wider view of the poem. Other pieces seems to fall in place, really make sense once you have that piece. But.......I'm just like other treasure finders, seeing thru my eyes. If I don't find and someone does, it will still be nice to see how close our own logic was in solving the puzzle. How many pieces did we pull together to get close.

us
    Mar 2013
    albuquerque
    9 times
    well said

Mar 2013
    6 times

Code in poem...

Take each line of the poem and anytime you see a letter that only appears twice in the line, you use that letter. For example, the first line would provide " I,H,O,and N. Do this for the whole poem. When you have all of those letters, you arrange them to make the following series of words;
    "The treasure is hid in the big canyon north-west of the Brown Ranch. Dig, quick, devils frost shard ford." with "OHRWDHMHPDDW" remaining.

Your welcome. ; )~
    Hangtown likes this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Maryland
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus33 View Post
    Take each line of the poem and anytime you see a letter that only appears twice in the line, you use that letter. For example, the first line would provide " I,H,O,and N. Do this for the whole poem. When you have all of those letters, you arrange them to make the following series of words;
    "The treasure is hid in the big canyon north-west of the Brown Ranch. Dig, quick, devils frost shard ford." with "OHRWDHMHPDDW" remaining.

Your welcome. ; )~

If you go back to my old posts, I figured it was the Brown Ranch a while back. Just makes sense. I also said it would be near the Dry Cimarron River (no paddle up your creek), which is also where the Brown Ranch is. Just a shame I can't make it out there. I have an amazing spot in mind.

Mar 2013
    @fetcher: I have looked that area over with Google earth pretty well... There are a few clues that line up.

@Argus: Very nice and a super complex anagram...

us

Jan 2013
    El dorado county
    24 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by fetcher View Post

If you go back to my old posts, I figured it was the Brown Ranch a while back. Just makes sense. I also said it would be near the Dry Cimarron River (no paddle up your creek), which is also where the Brown Ranch is. Just a shame I can't make it out there. I have an amazing spot in mind.
    There Is a brown ranch in Wyoming and Colorado as well. Both for sale. And NW to them is Yellowstone and Dinosaur national park.

Mar 2013
    According to Google... The Colorado River is the warmest river in the Rockies?

Page 26 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Sponsors