OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all reality though you should actually know what the blaze is now and exactly where to find it simply from what I have stated above. Remember me in your prayers if you find it.

Hundreds think they have the spot and at least as many have gotten similar cryptic emails from Forrest.

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Garrett ACE 250 w/DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hundreds think they have the spot and at least as many have gotten similar cryptic emails from Forrest.

Remember when Fenn stated he walked back to his car after stashing the chest? Roads are about 1/8th of a mile from the blaze. Very short walk. Also how many places are called the blaze close to a canyon and rapids where Brown's home is?

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember when Fenn stated he walked back to his car after stashing the chest? Roads are about 1/8th of a mile from the blaze. Very short walk. Also how many places are called the blaze close to a canyon and rapids where Brown's home is?

Anything can be a blaze.

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything can be a blaze.

I guess we will know in a few weeks if I am right or not. I gave more than enough info for all to find the site. If I am right it will be all over tv. If I am wrong it wont be. Time will tell.

modernbandit

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Chrisclark... It is a great thought and one of the first I explored... Problem is the 5000' clue...

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@Chrisclark... It is a great thought and one of the first I explored... Problem is the 5000' clue...

I agree. nothing in that area is above 5000 feet. But time will tell. It's funny how in my spot those all line up as well and it is over 5000 feet. Not in New Mexico though.

dishpan

Aug 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add, if that's what he wanted - he would've made it easier to find. imo.

Last edited:

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. nothing in that area is above 5000 feet. But time will tell. It's funny how in my spot those all line up as well and it is over 5000 feet. Not in New Mexico though.

Gentlemen, you are incorrect about being above 5,000 feet. The blaze is here...
N 36° 12.851 W 112° 03.615 (NAD 83)
Altitude: 8343
It is on the north rim.
Check out this site. 3/4 of the way down the page they talk about the blaze and have links to pictures of it.
Geocaching > Benchmark Hunting > Benchmark Details

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gentlemen, you are incorrect about being above 5,000 feet. The blaze is here...

N 36° 12.851 W 112° 03.615 (NAD 83)
Altitude: 8343
It is on the north rim.
Check out this site. 3/4 of the way down the page they talk about the blaze and have links to pictures of it.
Geocaching > Benchmark Hunting > Benchmark Details

N 36° 12.851 W 112° 03.615 (NAD 83) is 40-50 miles, as a bird flys, from his starting point. "not to far but to far to walk" 20 miles or so from the home of Brown and you can drive there starting on the 14th once they open the roads.

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N 36° 12.851 W 112° 03.615 (NAD 83) is 40-50 miles, as a bird flys, from his starting point. "not to far but to far to walk" 20 miles or so from the home of Brown and you can drive there starting on the 14th once they open the roads.

Here is your google map of the area pinpointing the area the blaze is in. Google Maps

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is your google map of the area pinpointing the area the blaze is in. Google Maps

Nobody ever said it had to be in New Mexico. Just had to be north of where he lives, more than 300 miles west of Toledo and above 5,000 feet and it is all of those.

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nobody ever said it had to be in New Mexico. Just had to be north of where he lives, more than 300 miles west of Toledo and above 5,000 feet and it is all of those.

Sorry gentlemen map didn't work. Copy this and paste into google maps.....
N 36° 12.851 W 112° 03.615

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From their web site......

"Q: When is the best time of the year to visit the North Rim?
A: The North Rim officially opens on May 15 and closes on October 15. Since the North Rim is over 1000 feet higher than the south rim at an elevation of 8500 ft, it is much cooler during the summer months and much colder during the winter. Early and late in the season, you can expect highs is the upper 60s and lows in the 40s. In the mid season, the highs are in the 80s with lows in the 60s.

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Tim,
All of the info is here including coordinates of the blaze.

To the person who asked what Brown drown in the river just prior to 25 mile rapids?

"In 1889 with his investor and company president, Frank Brown, and a rag tag group of men, Stanton set out on a river trip to survey a rail route through the Grand Canyon. Destined for failure from the start, the expedition showed its inexperience.

By mile twelve Frank Brown had drowned, and in Twenty-Five Mile Rapid two more men, Peter Hansbrough and Henry Richards, also drowned. Forced to hike out of a side canyon called South Canyon at river mile twenty-nine, Stanton returned the next year to complete his expedition."

Frank Browns body was never found making it his final resting place or his "home" if you will.

There is a memorial there where he drown. Photos here....
http://grandcanyonhistory.clas.asu.edu/sites_coloradorivercorridor_marblecanyon.html

Last edited:

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, if anyone has any other "buried treasure" scenarios that you are unable to figure out send them my way. I love working on this stuff. You can contact me at [email protected]

And remember me when your spending all of those riches folks hahahahaha.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Tim,
All of the info is here including coordinates of the blaze.

To the person who asked what Brown drown in the river just prior to 25 mile rapids?

"In 1889 with his investor and company president, Frank Brown, and a rag tag group of men, Stanton set out on a river trip to survey a rail route through the Grand Canyon. Destined for failure from the start, the expedition showed its inexperience.

By mile twelve Frank Brown had drowned, and in Twenty-Five Mile Rapid two more men, Peter Hansbrough and Henry Richards, also drowned. Forced to hike out of a side canyon called South Canyon at river mile twenty-nine, Stanton returned the next year to complete his expedition."

Frank Browns body was never found making it his final resting place or his "home" if you will.

What makes this site special to Forrest?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread