Forrest Fenn s treasure

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Garrett ACE 250 w/DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. nothing in that area is above 5000 feet. But time will tell. It's funny how in my spot those all line up as well and it is over 5000 feet. Not in New Mexico though.

What makes this site special to Forrest?

Who said it had to be special to him. Maybe he likes vacationing there. Maybe he knows the owners of the resort. Maybe he's an investor in the resort. Maybe he just loves the view. The poem never said it was a special place to him.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said it had to be special to him. Maybe he likes vacationing there. Maybe he knows the owners of the resort. Maybe he's an investor in the resort. Maybe he just loves the view. The poem never said it was a special place to him.

He has said that to more than one person. Myself Included. He was willing to die at the location. It won't be random.

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you take a look at the website of the resort I listed above I think the pictures tell that story. Heck I'd love to live there year round cold and all. But that's me.....
Photo Gallery | Grand Canyon Nat'l Park

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chrisclark,

There are tons of folks on this forum who say they have a spot; me included. I can totally sell you on my location just as well as you have sold others on yours. That's the issue with the poem. People have been looking for years. If it says "Brown" in it, you best believe a treasure hunter has visited it.

Listen to clues of my location, and I bet you will say to yourself: "Well, his makes complete sense too!"

Home of Brown - A family who has owned a horse farm Northeast of Fenn. They've been around a very long time. It's even mentioned in the book.
Dry Cimmaron River - Can't paddle up a river if there is no water. This river happens to be in the same area as the Brown farm.
5000 ft above sea level - Fits the bill

And, guess what? Tons have already searched there, according to an interview with the Brown family. No one has found it!

My point is, at first the stars align, then they burn out. I hope your location is the one and someone splits it with you, but there is even a mountain range called Blaze right outside of Yellowstone, where he spent most of his childhood, and it's even near Hebgen lake which he loved.

Nothing found yet!

jayackam

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To interpret his clues correctly, it takes more than speculation, it takes inspiration. I have given up the treasure, knowing the true nature of it - it is simply a trap. Yes with all of the gold that he claims it has

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To interpret his clues correctly, it takes more than speculation, it takes inspiration. I have given up the treasure, knowing the true nature of it - it is simply a trap. Yes with all of the gold that he claims it has

I'm all about freedom of speech. I understand where you are coming from. I'm spiritual too, but this is a hobby for most of us, and it allows us a 1 hour escape from our everyday lives. You get it? We enjoy our note sharing, and our dreaming. I could get into capitalism, societal rules, etc. and how it keeps us chasing things of monetary value, but this isn't the place, nor the time.

Why do you insist on pissing in our Cheerios good sir?

Last edited:

jayackam

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all about freedom of speech. I understand where you are coming from. I'm spiritual too, but this is a hobby for most of us, and it allows us a 1 hour escape from our everyday lives. You get it? We enjoy our note sharing, and our dreaming. I could get into capitalism, societal rules, etc. and how it keeps us chasing things of monetary value, but this isn't the place, nor the time.

Why do you insist on pissing in our Cheerios good sir?

Sorry to offend you - not intended.
However we are of different opinion here. I strongly believe this is the right time and place. There are many serious seekers here, who do it for more than just entertainment - they are in danger, and are being warned. Whether you believe it not.

Hunter153

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be wise and listen to me!

New by here...

I think you may have something here. I'm a pilot and own a plane, although not quite as nice as the Mirage Mr. Fenn is pictured in. If his plane is/was the jet prop version that I believe it is, the plane travels at roughly 275 knots, meaning he could travel pretty far in a short period of time. The plane is also capable of landing on most small airfields. However, I believe I read somewhere that he was not flying anymore. As for filing with the FAA to fly, although it not required for VFR flight, it would be unlikely that someone flying this complex of plane would not at least request flight following.

As I mentioned, I'm a pilot, own a plane and would love to team up with anyone who needs a lift to go hunting!

My answers to the clues would put you on a plane tomorrow!

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nobody ever said it had to be in New Mexico. Just had to be north of where he lives, more than 300 miles west of Toledo and above 5,000 feet and it is all of those.
looks like a good spot, I am sure many folks will test that spot since it is for all to see the location. I hope no one gets lost injured or killed walking around on your "claims" to the treasure.. sure would suck having those souls on your conscience. I see things wrong with it.Like it is not north of Santa Fe. Well it is on the latitude lines but its more west if I were to drive there.

All this talk about evil sprits is so childish. Show me hard physical proof of any such thing... you can not.. It is impossible to prove anything of the sort, scientifically or spiritually. it is personal belief, so keep it that way... Coincidence is more common than some think. I am not trying to have a discussion about personal beliefs, but while we are one the subject of evil sprits and buried treasure......

If you believe that evil sprits are contained in buried treasure, whoever helped; find, locate, track, or saw that treasure will be effected by the evilness it brings, that includes the people talking about it... so good luck to all who helped find the treasure and believe this crap. might as well go take a hike since your up the creek already with the work done thus far...

"Do or do not there is no Try. Only in cases of cheating do you try, because you already gave up mentally."-me

Last edited:

Agarita

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! Just joined because I love riddles with a treasure stash, and hope to help someone find Fenn's stash. Don't know Fenn, but he is an interesting and quite the cagey character from what I've seen and read.

So starting with "begin it where warm waters halt," Instead of just assuming "it" means the quest, it's my opinion "it" refers to something in a book of prose or another poem or possibly a written description of a painting or how a particular artist found inspiration. When that is found, it's my belief the real first clue will be revealed. "Take it in the canyon down" might be where to stop reading rather than an actual clue in itself.

There's got to be a reason Fenn used the indefinite "it" rather than the particular "search" or" quest" If syllable count meant anything at all, he could just as easily have written, start the quest/search where warm waters halt, same 8 syllables he used in that line of his poem. That he didn't clarify "it" means something, at least it does to me.

House of Brown could even refer to UPS, noted for their brown trucks and brown uniforms. Brown in Spanish is marron. I think there's a number of words in Fenn's poem where another language might be substituted for a particular word used in his poem to get at the actual clue. Ai yi yi, that could mean knowing more than one Indian language. "Put in below the house of Brown," could also reference another bit of reading, and where to start reading.

If enough heads come together, this shouldn't take a thousand years. I'm in this mentally for the thrill of the chase, not the stash though it be the icing on the cake. Fenn's made a game of it, and that's how I intend to look at it.

While I believe there might be one or more actual clues in the poem, I also believe some of the clues are only intended to lead to other, more inaccessible clues that are the actual clues themselves.

Looking to align with other tortoises in this race to find Fenn's treasure. Please note, while I've referred to this as a game, I also consider it a most serious one.

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One must know too ... Who said the clues were in order already? Forrest would make lists and the most important would be at the top Of the list. In order to find this treasure you first must study Forrest as a person. Watch interviews, read the book and go take a hike.

jayackam

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk about evil sprits is so childish. Show me hard physical proof of any such thing... you can not.. It is impossible to prove anything of the sort, scientifically or spiritually. it is personal belief, so keep it that way... Coincidence is more common than some think. I am not trying to have a discussion about personal beliefs, but while we are one the subject of evil sprits and buried treasure......

If you believe that evil sprits are contained in buried treasure, whoever helped; find, locate, track, or saw that treasure will be effected by the evilness it brings, that includes the people talking about it... so good luck to all who helped find the treasure and believe this crap. might as well go take a hike since your up the creek already with the work done thus far...

"Do or do not there is no Try. Only in cases of cheating do you try, because you already gave up mentally."-me

Actually, it does not work that way. When you reject evil, he has no power over you.
Read the "sinister" poem interpretation again, and compare it with all of his statements. You will realize that he is actually saying those things himself, but you choose to hear something different.

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually, it does not work that way. When you reject evil, he has no power over you.
Read the "sinister" poem interpretation again, and compare it with all of his statements. You will realize that he is actually saying those things himself, but you choose to hear something different.

I guess if you don't believe in "he" is does not pertain.

Agarita

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freudian slips, anyone? When Fenn said the treasure was above 5,000 ft., he first started to say 7,000 in the interview I saw. He got halfway through the word seven before he quickly corrected it to 5,000.

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Freudian slips, anyone? When Fenn said the treasure was above 5,000 ft., he first started to say 7,000 in the interview I saw. He got halfway through the word seven before he quickly corrected it to 5,000.

Has been noted after I saw that interview. I agree.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One must know too ... Who said the clues were in order already? Forrest would make lists and the most important would be at the top Of the list. In order to find this treasure you first must study Forrest as a person. Watch interviews, read the book and go take a hike.

They are in order.

Chrisclark

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a good spot, I am sure many folks will test that spot since it is for all to see the location. I hope no one gets lost injured or killed walking around on your "claims" to the treasure.. sure would suck having those souls on your conscience. I see things wrong with it.Like it is not north of Santa Fe. Well it is on the latitude lines but its more west if I were to drive there.

First, since I am not forcing anyone to do anything whatever they may do will NOT be on my conscience. Second if you had taken time to copy and paste the coordinates that I gave
( N 36° 12.851 W 112° 03.615 ) into google maps and zoomed in you would see that for being the top of a mountain the area has many well kept buildings, a resort, many roads and the woods are well groomed ( very little underbrush ).. I am not SENDING anyone there. If they go they go of their own accord and as such they must use their own mind to use caution as they see fit. I have made it known that if they go there before May 15th they will be ALONE. If they go after May 15th there will be many tourists and workers. If people go there and get hurt it's because they didn't take their time and use common sense and I will not be responsible for their irresponsibility.

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

First, since I am not forcing anyone to do anything whatever they may do will NOT be on my conscience. Second if you had taken time to copy and paste the coordinates that I gave
( N 36° 12.851 W 112° 03.615 ) into google maps and zoomed in you would see that for being the top of a mountain the area has many well kept buildings, a resort, many roads and the woods are well groomed ( very little underbrush ).. I am not SENDING anyone there. If they go they go of their own accord and as such they must use their own mind to use caution as they see fit. I have made it known that if they go there before May 15th they will be ALONE. If they go after May 15th there will be many tourists and workers. If people go there and get hurt it's because they didn't take their time and use common sense and I will not be responsible for their irresponsibility.

it is a nice location. very reasonable. and seems safe to hike into during safe "open" months with proper supplies. Are you sure you don't bartend at that lodge? HAHA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread