Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn s treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2008
    603 times
    ousooner, you ain't that far away. Take a week and scoot out to Santa Fe and have a little fun.

Aug 2012
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by roymonster

It's not all about the money. It's about to throw the hunt.

Sent via: iPhone 4gS
    "THRILL" of the hunt!

Sent via: iPhone 4gS

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ousooner82 View Post
    No it's not, but takes plenty of it to go exploring. Some clues might mean something to some but to me, I am not familiar with any of the VAST area that would have to be explored. Wish I could just because I love to explore, I love nature and I love a challenge. Oh well...
    The more you know about the guy, the more you can whittle it down. It's in a place that's very important to him, and it's in the Rocky Mountains.

Aug 2012
    7 times
    At themarkd: If so, wouldn't Mt. Meeker be a good area to look? MEEKer, think about it.
    mattfink likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    69 times
    At themarkd: If so, wouldn't Mt. Meeker be a good area to look? MEEKer, think about it.
    Just remember, he was 80ish, just beat cancer, and had to make 2 trips with approximately 20-30 pounds of cargo to carry.

Aug 2012
    7 times
    Just referring to the poem. The word "meek" might possibly be in reference to Mt. Meeker.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    69 times
    Just referring to the poem. The word "meek" might possibly be in reference to Mt. Meeker.
    Certainly could be. Nothing in the Rockies can really be discounted at this point.

vor

Jun 2012
    455 times
    The only place that I saw it stated (other than this thread) that it was in the mountains north of Santa Fe was by two reporters. Without knowing the context of the entire quote/conversation, I am not so sure that they are correct.
    I think more of a key is to find out where he would want to be buried and his San Larazo puebo is SE. But if it is north of SF, those aviators Snakeyes found in Pecos Canyon may be close or on the route.
    Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: Jeremiah 5:21

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    The only place that I saw it stated (other than this thread) that it was in the mountains north of Santa Fe was by two reporters. Without knowing the context of the entire quote/conversation, I am not so sure that they are correct.
    I think more of a key is to find out where he would want to be buried and his San Larazo puebo is SE. But if it is north of SF, those aviators Snakeyes found in Pecos Canyon may be close or on the route.
    Forrest has told me, and others, personally, that it is in the Rockies north of Santa Fe. he has also told me (and my group) that our kids could literally walk to it, pick it up (assuming strength) and walk away.

vor

Jun 2012
    455 times
    If his bio is in the box, you would assume that it is out of the weather. And if you can walk up to it, it is likely in a cave or under an overhang. That should limit the amount of places at least.
    Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: Jeremiah 5:21

Dec 2006
    1689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by themarkd View Post
    Forrest has told me, and others, personally, that it is in the Rockies north of Santa Fe. he has also told me (and my group) that our kids could literally walk to it, pick it up (assuming strength) and walk away.
    so camouflaged in the setting scenery,that narrows it down, LOL

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    If his bio is in the box, you would assume that it is out of the weather. And if you can walk up to it, it is likely in a cave or under an overhang. That should limit the amount of places at least.
    Those are my initial thoughts...also I like the idea of being under a waterfall in a craggy area.

vor

Jun 2012
    455 times
    I doubt it being behind a waterfall unless there is an overhang/cave deep enough to keep the moisture under control. If you are planning for it lasting possibly hundreds of years, it will be impractical to attempt waterproofing to that degree. Even plastic/silicone/rubber will degrade over time.

Dry desert would be the most practical. Maybe hidden in the LDM or old Jesuit mine. Kind of a two-fer.
    mical66 likes this.

Dec 2006
    1689 times
    it was looking good until today,and i found this, this is the 1st time ive read someone else knows where it is
    IE: how are you going to get the bones there,and i dont want his bones, i dont know him what am i suppose
    to do with his bones, there is always a monkey wrench thrown in,geezze im giving me to science, and if i
    should find this treasure,im giving him to science too

A Real-Life Indiana Jones Wants You to Find His Loot
    Aug 20, 2012 1:00 AM EDT
    Forrest Fenn Wants You to Find His Treasure
    Behind the adobe walls of his Santa Fe compound, inside the red, pantry-size steel vault that protects some of his most valuable pieces, Fenn says he opened an antique lockbox and began to fill it with more than a million dollars’ worth of treasure. He tossed in ancient figurines, a 17th-century Spanish ring, and turquoise beads excavated from a cliff dwelling near Mesa Verde. He added American eagle gold coins, gold nuggets, a vial of gold dust, two gold discs, and “a lot of jewelry,” including rubies, sapphires, and diamonds. Among these wonders he included a copy of his own autobiography, rolled and stuffed into an ancient olive jar. Then he went “into the mountains north of Santa Fe,” Fenn says, and hid the lockbox, to be found by anyone who can decipher the clues embedded in a 24-line poem that ends: “So hear me all and listen good,/Your effort will be worth the cold./If you are brave and in the wood/I give you title to the gold.”

But Fenn isn’t done. When the time comes he hopes to shove one more element in with the bounty: his own dead body. “When people find the treasure, they’ll find my bones,” he explains, with the sound of his native Texas in every syllable. “But my bio will be inside so at least they’ll know who I was.” A man who most certainly is not going to die in a hospital bed.

vor

Jun 2012
    455 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    it was looking good until today,and i found this, this is the 1st time ive read someone else knows where it is
    IE: how are you going to get the bones there,and i dont want his bones, i dont know him what am i suppose
    to do with his bones, there is always a monkey wrench thrown in,geezze im giving me to science, and if i
    should find this treasure,im giving him to science too

A Real-Life Indiana Jones Wants You to Find His Loot
    Forrest Fenn Wants You to Find His Treasure
    Behind the adobe walls of his Santa Fe compound, inside the red, pantry-size steel vault that protects some of his most valuable pieces, Fenn says he opened an antique lockbox and began to fill it with more than a million dollars’ worth of treasure. He tossed in ancient figurines, a 17th-century Spanish ring, and turquoise beads excavated from a cliff dwelling near Mesa Verde. He added American eagle gold coins, gold nuggets, a vial of gold dust, two gold discs, and “a lot of jewelry,” including rubies, sapphires, and diamonds. Among these wonders he included a copy of his own autobiography, rolled and stuffed into an ancient olive jar. Then he went “into the mountains north of Santa Fe,” Fenn says, and hid the lockbox, to be found by anyone who can decipher the clues embedded in a 24-line poem that ends: “So hear me all and listen good,/Your effort will be worth the cold./If you are brave and in the wood/I give you title to the gold.”

But Fenn isn’t done. When the time comes he hopes to shove one more element in with the bounty: his own dead body. “When people find the treasure, they’ll find my bones,” he explains, with the sound of his native Texas in every syllable. “But my bio will be inside so at least they’ll know who I was.” A man who most certainly is not going to die in a hospital bed.
    Since Fenn has always taken the grave goods and left the bones, I would guess that he would expect for you to do the same.

Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links