Forrest Fenn s treasure

dishpan

Aug 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Fenn...

couldn't resist.

:headbang:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
COLLECTED WORKS BKS owner info,the listed owner has owned the bks since opening in 1988
------------------------------------

Public License Information
License Number: 13-00027588
Business Control: 0006089
Location ID: 000031117
Business Name & Address Mailing Address
COLLECTED WORKS BKS
202 GALISTEO RD
SANTA FE NM 87505
Mailing Address
202 GALISTEO ST
SANTA FE NM 87501
Business Phone: (505) 988-4226
Date Opened: 01/01/1988
Contractor Flag:
Type of Ownership: P
Owner Information
MASSEY DOROTHY
License Information
Classification: 001 BUSINESS REGISTRATION - STANDARD
License Status, Date: ACTIVE , 01/22/2013
Appl, Issue Date: 01/22/2013, 01/22/2013
License Valid Thru Date: 12/31/2013
https://ecom.plud.ci.santa-fe.nm.us...&MasterInq=&Century=1&Year=13&Number=00027588
https://ecom.plud.ci.santa-fe.nm.us...000&ClassCode=+++++++&Year=08&Number=00027588
https://ecom.plud.ci.santa-fe.nm.us/Click2GovOL/BLINQ.jsp

TSpoon

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOKING FOR PARTNER to conduct searches for Forrest Fenn's treasure in GREATER YELLOWSTONE area. Current 2-person partnership has highly credible solution with at least 7 and perhaps all 9 of the poem clues resolved. Unable to conduct searches due to proximity. Offering to share treasure bounty with committed local searcher according to terms to be agreed upon. Searcher must be willing to sign formal contracts. Solution with supporting documentation will be shared once terms are agreed and contracts are executed.
If interested, please send name, age, location of residence, occupation and contact information to [email protected].

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOOKING FOR PARTNER to conduct searches for Forrest Fenn's treasure in GREATER YELLOWSTONE area. Current 2-person partnership has highly credible solution with at least 7 and perhaps all 9 of the poem clues resolved. Unable to conduct searches due to proximity. Offering to share treasure bounty with committed local searcher according to terms to be agreed upon. Searcher must be willing to sign formal contracts. Solution with supporting documentation will be shared once terms are agreed and contracts are executed.
If interested, please send name, age, location of residence, occupation and contact information to [email protected].

:sign10: What no CC info or bank account number

OCF

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Fenn's treasure is found in a waterway flowing through federal- or state-owned land will that make a difference as to whether or not the finder has a right to keep it (the treasure)?

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"Highly credible" according to whom?

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
West Richland, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Does this page have a administer? Why do they allow people to promote businesses and such. If people think they are so damn smart go get the treasure and prove it. Banks give loans all the time....

TSpoon

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fine to be skeptical. Certainly many have thought to have figured this thing out and been unsuccessful. It is a truly difficult puzzle. But one can solve the puzzle and still not find the treasure because it requires finding an intentionally hidden chest in the wilderness. And unless the poem is telling one to "look under the big rock near the lone aspen tree" or some such thing, one could easily be in the right place and not find it. Or, one could have 8 of the 9 clues resolved without having that last one perfectly nailed and it might take a dozen attempts, discovering one's errors each time before it is totally resolved. Would you recommend someone fly across the country each time in order to nail that last clue? I'm simply offering to work with someone who's a lot closer to the action in the hopes that together we can close the deal. Seems like a practical solution to a logistical problem, doesn't it?

Credible to whom? Hopefully to someone who would like to take me up on this deal. And that makes it a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem and inherently difficult. But since you are unable to judge whether it is credible because you haven't seen it, why don't you spare me the insults. This is a treasure hunters forum and I'm offering to partner with someone on a treasure hunt. What's your beef?

RCH

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this make sense to anyone? I saw this in an online article:

"Two separate groups of intrepid treasure-hunters came within 500 feet of Forrest Fenn’s famed bounty, the author of “The Thrill of the Chase” told a packed crowd at Collected Works Bookstore on Wednesday.

“They interpreted the first two clues correctly but walked by it,” he said. “The clues are difficult and I designed it that way.” "

Specifically, does it make sense that interpreting the first two clues correctly will get you within 500 feet?

TSpoon

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RCH - in response to a question on that very point, Fenn has said that the people who were within 500 feet are different than the people that solved the first two clues. My take is that the people within 500 feet were fairly oblivious to the real location - happened to go somewhere that was coincidentally close to the treasure via a road that passes by it - but the location they were searching had nothing to do with the true solution to the clues. The people that solved the first two clues: that might have gotten them only within 10 or 20 miles of the treasure, but their route to or from took them by (but not necessarily close by) the location. The quotes that I saw from Fenn don't say that these people "walked by" the treasure - you might want to check your source on that; information becomes corrupted as it gets passed along.

H-2 Charlie - I have looked for myself and the trips are brutal from my location and I can no longer afford the time they consume. That's why I'm trying to partner with a local.
I think I don't have the last clue nailed and maybe not the last two clues. And even if you had all the clues nailed, it's not like going into the grocery store, finding the dairy section, then the milk cooler and then picking through until you find the 2%. You're in the wilderness - it's not organized. It's hard enough just to figure out where you are out there relative to the maps you've been looking at. We're talking about a small bronze chest which would blend into the environment, and then is intentionally hidden so as not to be seen. And so you know, all this treasure hunting has thrown a real wrench in my diet and exercise regimen, so thanks, but my pants are holding up well enough on their own.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
article from united hemispheres, 1st comment was jan 1 2013,ive read the same thing b4 other publications

He hasn’t gone back to his hiding place to see if the treasure is still there. He assumes it hasn’t been found (though he knows of “more than a few people” who have searched within 500 feet of the site), and that suits him fine. “I think that I’ll be a little disappointed when it is found, because the mystery will be gone.”
Hemispheres Inflight Magazine » The Thrill of the Chase

TSpoon

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to make sure I get the words directly from Fenn's mouth as I have found journalism around this subject to be shotty at best. Take for instance The Today Show saying that the treasure was hidden in New Mexico.

Here's what Fenn actually said in an interview which I watched, "There have been some who have been within 500 feet because they have told me where they have been. Others have figured the first two clues and went right past the treasure and didn’t know it." There are subtle differences. He didn't say that those people were searching within 500 feet, just that they were within 500 feet. Note that Hemispheres only has "more than a few people" in quotes, so the rest is paraphrased.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fine to be skeptical. Certainly many have thought to have figured this thing out and been unsuccessful. It is a truly difficult puzzle. But one can solve the puzzle and still not find the treasure because it requires finding an intentionally hidden chest in the wilderness. And unless the poem is telling one to "look under the big rock near the lone aspen tree" or some such thing, one could easily be in the right place and not find it. Or, one could have 8 of the 9 clues resolved without having that last one perfectly nailed and it might take a dozen attempts, discovering one's errors each time before it is totally resolved. Would you recommend someone fly across the country each time in order to nail that last clue? I'm simply offering to work with someone who's a lot closer to the action in the hopes that together we can close the deal. Seems like a practical solution to a logistical problem, doesn't it?

Credible to whom? Hopefully to someone who would like to take me up on this deal. And that makes it a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem and inherently difficult. But since you are unable to judge whether it is credible because you haven't seen it, why don't you spare me the insults. This is a treasure hunters forum and I'm offering to partner with someone on a treasure hunt. What's your beef?

What insult? You said highly credible. Was just asking how you know.

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave the FF thread for a while, come back, and it's still the same ol' chatter. I love this place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread