Forrest Fenn s treasure

TSpoon

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough. Perhaps a little sensitive from other feedback. My apologies. Credibility is a subjective thing, of course, but hope you can understand that in order to convince someone of its credibility would involve giving away components of the solution. So asking perfect strangers to "take my word for it" is perhaps an impossible request. I could tell you that I have run it by a number of critically-minded friends who were all sure I was right, but is that any different from asking you to take my word for it?

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could tell you that I have run it by a number of critically-minded friends who were all sure I was right, but is that any different from asking you to take my word for it?
Uh If I were one of your critically-minded friends who were sure that you are right, I wouldn't be able to put the money up fast enough.:wav: :tchest:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
So tell me who wouldn't spend a couple thousand dollars for a couple million dollars???? NO MATTER HOW FAR YOU HAD TO TRAVEL....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well just like people think it's stupid to play the lottery, one of those tickets somewhere eventually wins. I believe the only person guaranteed not to find it is the person who never looks. The starting point is in the poem, "Begin it where the warm water halts". Just because there are alot of places that may fit that scenario, doesn't make it fiction. Your speculation is the equivalent of never going scuba diving because you may not find a sunken pirate ship. It's about the fun that's had during the adventure. If you are here to try and kick other people in the junk because you have a pessimistic opinion, take it somewhere else. This place is for the dreamers that believe in the possibility of finding it. Start your own thread and call it "I'm the pessimistic guy that doesn't hunt for treasure yet I troll others that do on their TREASURE FORUM." See how many pals you get there.
Actually, it's "begin it where warm WATERS halt"...not "warm WATER halts".....that could be a major difference.
Jim

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, it's "begin it where warm WATERS halt"...not "warm WATER halts".....that could be a major difference.
Jim

Agreed. Good catch. Forrest is VERY deliberate.

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Begin...it where warm waters...halt

If begin and halt are instructions for this line then you must use the words between those instructions.
Go ahead and anagram it for your first clue. Then look at the line above it for your answer.

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I am lead to believe its at is in plan sight of the Lamar Ranger Station. Impossible to hide while walking in and out. I've got pictures at captpappy.wordpress.com

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I am lead to believe its at is in plain sight of the Lamar Ranger Station. Impossible to hide while walking in and out. I've got pictures at captpappy.wordpress.com

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wordpress..Fenns local chat and news blog..that way he can try and keep tabs on anyone who vists..yep you got it tracking cookies..and man are they hard to shake!

Terry (The old Guy)

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Themarkd, are you going back, if not, where did you search? I'm there now. checking mystic, fairy, and firehole
falls and other places, mystic maybe the spot. Will have to re check it. Been here 4 days, will be here at West YS about another week. the weather was GREAT today, wamer and sunny.

We hit Firehole falls pretty hard, then were pretty much tourists after that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread