Forrest Fenn s treasure

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi, I would like to help out on this one. I am out in Connecticut.

Hi BBJ. Connecticut here as well. After reading the whole thread, at this time at least, it doesn't seem like the veterans on here are too receptive to New ideas, (because they are all so close to finding it and have such great success?). Also, there are a lot of claims of fact that suffer from the grapevine effect, where someone will speculate, and then pages latter someone will swear they heard that "blah blah blah" ,and it gets accepted as fact when it was never more than someone earlier musing about ideas. Like I said, a fresh set of eyes reading every entry, you start to see this often. I have plenty of untouched on information, and if you want I can get it to you by PM, because all there is now is rehashing old ideas that didn't pan out.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's tough to see "the forest for the trees" is how the saying goes...

As for me here in Ct I can't leave because I have bigger fish to fry. I found a marker in tje flood planes of the Ct river, even posted a pick of it and had an old veteran hunter blow off a three hundred + year old piece of hardware from a ship as having come from an old barn (they used wood nails amd timber framing back then). Anyways, digging is as you would expect a clandestine event, which has me circumnavigating what looks to be some remains mixed with other metal hardware. This other metal is plentty more oxidised than the marker, and am slowly making my way past this spongey black material that seems to ne old decayed timbers. Will keep you posted..or my silence will mean I am an the lamb after hitting a find of a lifetime.

Last edited:

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
There's lots of disagreement in this thread about all aspects of Forrest Fenn's hidden treasure. One thing I think ALL of us can agree on though is that he has certainly proven himself to be a very crafty and very cagey old man. I'd be curious to know just how much true profit after costs his book has made him. Although I don't think it amounts to more than the estimated $1-3 million that his treasure is allegedly worth, I'm sure it's still a tidy bundle.
Besides time (lots of it) my total investment so far in the search for it is exactly $2. Like everyone else on here I have my own pet theory about where I think it is. Call it a "moral dilemma" or whatever you like, but I just can't bring myself to pay $35 for a 147 page book and an extortionate $16.50 USPS shipping fee from the Collected Works Bookstore in NM to own it. If anyone on here with a paypal account wants to sell their copy or lend it/send it to me for a fee I'd be willing to return it within 2 weeks of receiving it. If interested PM on this site to make arrangements.
**With a shout-out to member "FRANKN" he can vouch for my business honesty and integrity having bought a 2-box metal detector through this site from me a couple of years back....
HH
-spyguy

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forrest doesnt make any money off the book sales. The profit goes to cancer patients. But still, all you need is the poem and thats free.

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello BBJ
Welcome.
These guys can use all the help they can get.
V

They need somebody lead them by hand. It sounds like Mr. Fenn is a treasure hunter who found millions of dollars of treasure. If yes, how did he do it and when?

BBJ

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU... Good luck on your quest.

Maybe Mr. Fenn has died and that is why no one has seen or heard from him. It could be his family just keeping his legacy alive......
Or they trying to keep him alive long enough to find the treasure. The family hopes that they are in his will, so do I and I am not a family member.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well the next book F will write no doubt be about this 'social experiment', and and all the folks who think the world is flat. That will be in the chapter titled "Everyone listened to everyone, but nobody listened to F'." Now THAT'S entertainment and legacy building all with one stone.

jackhammer

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
au-artifax,
I'd be interested in hearing your FF theories, feel free to PM me.

ARR-MATEY

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this thread a couple days ago and I have enjoyed most of the discussion thus far. I have read compelling arguments from both believers and dowsers and I can't say for sure which side I'm really on - I'm leaning towards believing.

He's certainly doesn't need the money, and I'd like to think this guy really is true to his word, but at the same time how has it not been found yet, with so many people looking and so many places being searched?

If you've watch any of Dal's interviews of Fenn, then you may have seen Fenn's Rules of Life (video titled "Rules").
Santa Fe Interviews

His number 1 rule in life, he says, is “It doesn’t matter who you are..it matters who they think you are." He also makes note of this saying during his interview with Lorene Mills, in a response to a question about why his art gallery was the most successful in Santa Fe.
Forrest Fenn, Author, "The Thrill Of The Chase" | Report From Santa Fe

His number 2 rule is “It’s better to do it and be sorry you did it, then to not do it and be sorry you didn’t."

So why is he to be trusted?

I'd like to get input from Markd, and any others that may have spoken to Fenn, as to why you think he is true to his word on this? Why wouldn't this be a publicity stunt or Legacy grab?

Do those, being his paramount rules, not concern you in this story about the treasure?

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this thread a couple days ago and I have enjoyed most of the discussion thus far. I have read compelling arguments from both believers and dowsers and I can't say for sure which side I'm really on - I'm leaning towards believing.

He's certainly doesn't need the money, and I'd like to think this guy really is true to his word, but at the same time how has it not been found yet, with so many people looking and so many places being searched?

If you've watch any of Dal's interviews of Fenn, then you may have seen Fenn's Rules of Life (video titled "Rules").
Santa Fe Interviews

His number 1 rule in life, he says, is “It doesn’t matter who you are..it matters who they think you are." He also makes note of this saying during his interview with Lorene Mills, in a response to a question about why his art gallery was the most successful in Santa Fe.
Forrest Fenn, Author, "The Thrill Of The Chase" | Report From Santa Fe

His number 2 rule is “It’s better to do it and be sorry you did it, then to not do it and be sorry you didn’t."

So why is he to be trusted?

I'd like to get input from Markd, and any others that may have spoken to Fenn, as to why you think he is true to his word on this? Why wouldn't this be a publicity stunt or Legacy grab?

Do those, being his paramount rules, not concern you in this story about the treasure?

Well, he does like attention. You dont go on the Today Show voluntarily if you dont. That being said, he doesn't need the money, and, like you mentioned, he seems to want to lock up a tiny little place in history for himself. I cant fault him for either. He really is pleasant and unbelievably knowledgeable in a variety of topics. Also, facing death maybe does something to you to want to leave something behind.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I really should start a new thread, but let's see how this pans out first. I already brought up one concept that had no response, so I am not sure if anyone will see this new facet or not.
What I brought up was 'aspect angles, vantage points' and such. Also I suggested the recovery might involve two separate events/trips; one to "see" where the treasure is, and one to "be" where the treasure is.

Well let's see if this clicks or not before I give another clue about the clues in the poem. The first line says something other than what people are thinking. You have to think in respects of the mindset necessary for the journey (and the poem is just that... A journey). And thought has to be given to one's attitude towards rules. (Some might pick up on this right away... Let's see).

Knock knock knock!!!
(That's what they used to do in the military, in flight training, when you aught to pay attention to something and what comes next).

And ps: that was nice gouge about it being about who they THINK you are, and about being sorry you didn't try......

After all....(back me up here F'...)
IT IS A HECK OF A LOT EASIER TO BE FORGIVEN, THAN TO GET PERMISSION.

Last edited:

ARR-MATEY

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, he does like attention. You dont go on the Today Show voluntarily if you dont. That being said, he doesn't need the money, and, like you mentioned, he seems to want to lock up a tiny little place in history for himself. I cant fault him for either. He really is pleasant and unbelievably knowledgeable in a variety of topics. Also, facing death maybe does something to you to want to leave something behind.

I think it's clear he wants a place in history. I don't think he wants his 15 minutes of fame I think he wants to be remembered, have a legacy, and his story go down as a legend. But the only way to ensure that your story survives generation after generation is to make sure the treasure is never found and people continue to search. The only way to ensure that is the never bury a treasure in the first place.

Do you 100% buy in to what he says, or does this scenario, above, concern you at all?

Reulte

Jun 26, 2013
Currently Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - never heard of this but I like this guy's style. Not that I'll be heading to New Mexico anytime soon. Waterfall beneath the blaze? Directly under sunrise/sunset? Nifty, I really have to check out the poem....

Puzzlesolver

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really should start a new thread, but let's see how this pans out first. I already brought up one concept that had no response, so I am not sure if anyone will see this new facet or not.
What I brought up was 'aspect angles, vantage points' and such. Also I suggested the recovery might involve two separate events/trips; one to "see" where the treasure is, and one to "be" where the treasure is.

Well let's see if this clicks or not before I give another clue about the clues in the poem. The first line says something other than what people are thinking. You have to think in respects of the mindset necessary for the journey (and the poem is just that... A journey). And thought has to be given to one's attitude towards rules. (Some might pick up on this right away... Let's see).

Knock knock knock!!!
(That's what they used to do in the military, in flight training, when you aught to pay attention to something and what comes next).

And ps: that was nice gouge about it being about who they THINK you are, and about being sorry you didn't try......

After all....(back me up here F'...)
IT IS A HECK OF A LOT EASIER TO BE FORGIVEN, THAN TO GET PERMISSION.

You really should find a new hobby, one that you are good at.

I'm just saying'...

ARR-MATEY

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I would like to contribute, but it took a little bit to phish around, push some buttons and see who I should be talking to.

So general thoughts go here, and details go PM only.
But I have to say "sorry F', but I'm gonna help make your trove go bye bye".

Big concept: has anyone considered that the place you have be in to "find" the trove is not the same place you would go to retrieve it?
To foreshadow some of what needs to be discussed.... The first stanza is not just a lead in.... It is an admission that sets the framework for how to USE the poem. There's lots more. No sales, no scheme or hidden agenda, just time to make the bronze chest go bye bye.

I went back and found your earlier post..how does the first stanza explain how to USE the poem/clues? You can PM if you'd rather (and if you're willing), I just don't think this idea holds much weight.

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't seen a thread on this.... Anyone interested in it? I've done some cursory research and would like to share. The distance precludes me from searching, but would like to help. :icon_pirat:
Help.. I can't find my way home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread