Forrest Fenn s treasure - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 220 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree934Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn s treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by themarkd
    While not overly "direct", Forrest will tell you what he thinks. He will NOT lie, but he WILL require you to figure out exactly what he's saying.
    Nice, thanks for the tip.

vor

Jun 2012
    455 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by themarkd View Post
    While not overly "direct", Forrest will tell you what he thinks. He will NOT lie, but he WILL require you to figure out exactly what he's saying.
    Hello Mark
    From your statement above, I have to think that you are his priest and he is a devout Catholic. How else would you know that "he will NOT lie"? Maybe "I don't think he would lie" is more appropriate.

We know that he is a grave robber and has no problem with that so how do we know that he may not lie? Just saying have an open mind and don't rule anything out if you are searching.

HH
    V
    themarkd likes this.
    Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: Jeremiah 5:21

Aug 2012
    7 times
    I just want to know how anyone would know if someone was within 500ft of it unless they were in direct communication with Forrest and discussing threads of hunters.
    mical66 likes this.

us
    Nov 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ousooner82
    I just want to know how anyone would know if someone was within 500ft of it unless they were in direct communication with Forrest and discussing threads of hunters.
    Ditto

us
    Jan 2007
    Northen New Mexico
    don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
    106 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm driving up to Las Vegas on Saturday,maybe I'll stop in and talk to him,if I can figgure out how to find him. If I don't see him on Sat. I'll try and talk to him on Dec 10th. “Stories of Old Santa Fe”, a Storytelling by Forrest Fenn, William Field and Jack Loeffler | Spanish Colonial Arts Society
    themarkd likes this.
    I took the road less traveled------------------- and now I'm lost
    The secret to a long life ....................... make sure the sailor at the helm can't swim

Feb 2008
    636 times
    Thanks snakeyes, I'm hoping to be in Santa Fe in December. I'd like to hear what these gents have to say.

us
    Nov 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeyes

I'm driving up to Las Vegas on Saturday,maybe I'll stop in and talk to him,if I can figgure out how to find him. If I don't see him on Sat. I'll try and talk to him on Dec 10th. “Stories of Old Santa Fe”, a Storytelling by Forrest Fenn, William Field and Jack Loeffler | Spanish Colonial Arts Society
    Definitely follow up if Forrest has any additional insights!

us
    Sep 2007
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lastleg View Post
    Thanks snakeyes, I'm hoping to be in Santa Fe in December. I'd like to hear what these gents have to say.
    Are you paying for the drinks?

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ousooner82 View Post
    Many hunters, including myself, ARE in fact, frequently in contact with Forrest (or WERE). After our Newsweek article, Forrest seems to have been inundated with emails and other contacts, and has been a little off the radar, communication-wise. Pre-article, he was extremely good at returning communications.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    Hello Mark
    From your statement above, I have to think that you are his priest and he is a devout Catholic. How else would you know that "he will NOT lie"? Maybe "I don't think he would lie" is more appropriate.

We know that he is a grave robber and has no problem with that so how do we know that he may not lie? Just saying have an open mind and don't rule anything out if you are searching.

HH
    V
    It's certainly a valid point. I guess you could say he robbed graves...that were on property he owned. No real crime in that, that I've seen. Ethically shady?? Depends on whom you ask. I've talked to Forrest on several occasions and have found that he really has zero reason to lie. He's so vague and cagey, that a lie would be overkill...redundant, in fact. He's intentionally obtuse about the treasure for obvious reasons.

us
    Nov 2012
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by themarkd
    Many hunters, including myself, ARE in fact, frequently in contact with Forrest (or WERE). After our Newsweek article, Forrest seems to have been inundated with emails and other contacts, and has been a little off the radar, communication-wise. Pre-article, he was extremely good at returning communications.
    What's the best way to contact him? I've reached out via the contact form on his blog, but haven't seen an email anywhere.

vor

Jun 2012
    455 times
    It's certainly a valid point. I guess you could say he robbed graves... Ethically shady?? Depends on whom you ask.
    I don't think that many will disagree with me that once a person is ceremonially put into the ground to rest is peace...that they should be able to rest in peace. Taking their masks, clothing, pipes, jewelry, etc and throwing their bare remains back into a hole with some dirt is just not right. And all for monetary gain.

I don't care to be around the ones that think otherwise.

V
    Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: Jeremiah 5:21

us
    Sep 2007
    111 times
    Vor, my friend
    your shark is giving me a headache, put it back in the ocean or eat it.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkle View Post
    What's the best way to contact him? I've reached out via the contact form on his blog, but haven't seen an email anywhere.
    The email on his website is the only way (aside from my team's very random invitation to his home) that I've used. Like I mentioned, after the newsweek aticle came out, he was inundated with crazies. I would venture he still reads each email, so make it interesting and inquisitive.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    I don't think that many will disagree with me that once a person is ceremonially put into the ground to rest is peace...that they should be able to rest in peace. Taking their masks, clothing, pipes, jewelry, etc and throwing their bare remains back into a hole with some dirt is just not right. And all for monetary gain.

I don't care to be around the ones that think otherwise.

V
    Definitely a respectful position. I go back and forth on it. Certainly Forrest has sold some of the objects, and also has many of the amazing ones on display in his home, but he's also given some away to Universities for reasearch and study. So, I just can't commit to a position on the grave "robbing" idea.

Page 5 of 220 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links