Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepseeker1

Dec 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if you'd searched for years and covered thousands of miles? I think you should only know you're close when you find it.

You said. "We've vowed not to tell that person." What or who gives you the right to know who that person is? My point is, if you know who this person is , then they should know what you have been told ....I have searched for years, covered thousands of miles and spent thousands of dollars. What if I've found the Blaze and the chest had been taken and not reported as stated on fenns santa fe page? The only way fenn would know if somebody was 500 feet away from the chest is if somebody informed him that they found the blaze...Again , why should you or your source know this and not the searcher?

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said. "We've vowed not to tell that person." What or who gives you the right to know who that person is? My point is, if you know who this person is , then they should know what you have been told ....I have searched for years, covered thousands of miles and spent thousands of dollars. What if I've found the Blaze and the chest had been taken and not reported as stated on fenns santa fe page? The only way fenn would know if somebody was 500 feet away from the chest is if somebody informed him that they found the blaze...Again , why should you or your source know this and not the searcher?
I didn't ask for the information, and really didn't want it. I don't even know how he came to know.

Deepseeker1

Dec 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you the Mark with the blog on fenn's santa fe page? This chase is for over a million dollars. It is as serious as it gets...

Last edited:
OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you the Mark with the blog on fenn's santa fe page? This chase is for over a million dollars. It is as serious as it gets...
No, it really isn't as serious as it gets. The info is useless, ultimately. It doesn't help anyone because nobody knows where everyone has searched.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
nice he beat cancer,my mom is a cancer survivor,she had a mastectomy and a lymph gland removed
in 2003,she is now 80 and no cancer

Last edited by a moderator:

sprinkle

Nov 27, 2012
I'm curious, does anyone know if the pictured box is actually the box utilized? His description of the box doesn't seem to match.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the actual box and contents.

Jones Indiana

Dec 24, 2010
LOL........You didn't want to destroy a persons psyche? You did a xuck you buddy move.

Last edited:
OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the interest of whiners here and elsewhere, I've deleted a couple posts, and issued a mea culpa (of sorts) on a blog. My team has ZERO beneficial information. I will not discuss it further, but will urge the "tattletales" (for lack of a better word) to relieve Mr Fenn of your footstomping and in the future, to hash issues out with the actual person you have an issue with. You know...like an adult.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm driving up to Las Vegas on Saturday,maybe I'll stop in and talk to him,if I can figgure out how to find him. If I don't see him on Sat. I'll try and talk to him on Dec 10th. “Stories of Old Santa Fe”, a Storytelling by Forrest Fenn, William Field and Jack Loeffler | Spanish Colonial Arts Society

There was snow storm in Sant Fe last night, got really cold and dumped around 5", I drove up this morning, but was unable to get to the museum,due to ice and it is located on top of a hill. Maybe they will reschueld.

sprinkle

Nov 27, 2012
snakeyes said:
There was snow storm in Sant Fe last night, got really cold and dumped around 5", I drove up this morning, but was unable to get to the museum,due to ice and it is located on top of a hill. Maybe they will reschueld.

Ah, too bad. Thanks for the follow-up.

allmj

Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geography

The more you know about the guy, the more you can whittle it down. It's in a place that's very important to him, and it's in the Rocky Mountains.

to:themarkd
I might be bringing my youth group up there to go backpacking and look for the treasure ( great way to give back to charity and help some of them when they go off to college.of course I no this probably won't happen). I was looking on google maps so I could start to figure out the relative area and contemplate the poem. It sounds like it would be within 5-40 miles of his home due to the quote about how children could walk and go get it. so what I'm asking is is it in the Santa fen national forest like near lake or Thompson peak or in the northwest near the white rock area.

I realize only one person knows(fen himself) but . you sound very knowledgeable about the area so I hope you could help with this... and your thoughts that haven't already been posted.
thanks

Jan 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Markd

Markd,
Has Forrest ever said if a four wheel drive is necessary to get the treasure? Just wondering. Tammy

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has not. And, I would guess he would never say either way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread