Forrest Fenn s treasure

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't think I'm suckin up to Jim now, it's just he's the last (but not the only) person to mention distances, AND he visualized how F' could accomplish his feat of magic.

But face it now.... distance is a relative term when it is a subjective (almost qualitative) term. To F' who flies, and talks of fishing holes being 5,9 or 11 miles apart like he really walked those miles, to you or in such a wilderness might seem wicked far. So when we take this journey through one place, on to another state, understand a 20 minute trip as the Fenn flies is like 2 hours in our car. Or five days on foot. Or two days by boat (unless you drive some, and then boat some.)
The "too far to walk" thing is another clue that has no definite meaning. In the context, to me, I think of it as 1-5 miles, or thereabouts. It could be some other random distance....again, who knows for sure. I definitely won't spend a bunch of time trying to track down the treasure. I've got a place spotted that I think has a chance of being right. I'll be up there fishing this fall, so might as well spend a day checking it out. Beyond that, I've got better uses for my time.
All these attempts to make secret sense of what Fenn wrote are doomed to failure...unless somebody gets lucky. It's like the old days prospectors. After the gold was found, the geologists could always tell them why it was there...but, the geologists couldn't tell them, beforehand, where it probably was. Once the treasure is found, the clues will make perfect sense, but reading them now won't tell anybody anything they can confidently use to find it. All this conjecture is just entertainment.
Jim

Puzzlesolver

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, you're really reaching, putting all those hidden meanings to his words. If that's what turns your crank, it's OK with me. I'm not saying any more about the canyon. If you knew the area as well as I do, you'd know it.
Jim

That's why it's called a cryptic poem.

Main Entry: cryp·tic
Pronunciation: \ˈkrip-tik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Late Latin crypticus, from Greek kryptikos, from kryptos
Date: circa 1638
2 a : having or seeming to have a hidden or meaning : mysterious <cryptic messages> b : marked by an often perplexing <cryptic marginal notes>

As I said, following Grand Loop Rd. south leads to the area that is no place for the meek. Indisputable. Answers to the next three lines becomes obvious and specific.

Finding the "blaze" is something else. Still looking for hints or clues as to what the blaze could be. Has to be somewhere in the book for Fenn to be good on his word.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The "too far to walk" thing is another clue that has no definite meaning. In the context, to me, I think of it as 1-5 miles, or thereabouts. It could be some other random distance....again, who knows for sure. I definitely won't spend a bunch of time trying to track down the treasure. I've got a place spotted that I think has a chance of being right. I'll be up there fishing this fall, so might as well spend a day checking it out. Beyond that, I've got better uses for my time.
All these attempts to make secret sense of what Fenn wrote are doomed to failure...unless somebody gets lucky. It's like the old days prospectors. After the gold was found, the geologists could always tell them why it was there...but, the geologists couldn't tell them, beforehand, where it probably was. Once the treasure is found, the clues will make perfect sense, but reading them now won't tell anybody anything they can confidently use to find it. All this conjecture is just entertainment.
Jim

The very statement "how far is too far" itself is an open ended variable that does not need to be answered. To begin we start with as broad a focus as possible to pinpoint the river, by going to where the warm waters halt.
Now for those not familiar with flight navigation, especially in a military framework, there are what they call "waypoints". What this allows one to do is get to a destination regardless of the starting point. In the poem the only purpose for the starting point (it could have been anywhere along the journey) is to isolate which river.
The journey crosses boundaries and borders. Each stanza narrows down the scope of the search, otherwise we could not rule things out.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jim, I know if I give this to you, you will be on a solid trail. Get back to you in PM.

Puzzlesolver

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing about clues in the poem is debatable. Each clue points to one absolutely permanent and public location.

The key is identifying "no place for the meek," which I am sure I have done. You can't just guess. You have to know. I'm sure I do. Interested in a large scale search effort?

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nothing about clues in the poem is debatable. Each clue points to one absolutely permanent and public location.

The key is identifying "no place for the meek," which I am sure I have done. You can't just guess. You have to know. I'm sure I do. Interested in a large scale search effort?

FINALLY!!!!!! THANK YOU PUZZLE SOLVER!!!
This is the first time in all the posts, in all the conjectures and musings, someone FINALLY mentions Grand Loop Road.
I really think jumping to "no place for the meek" (not Joe Meek) is putting the cart before the horse, because you haven't ruled stuff out yet). Yeah, you can get closer, but the more you follow the trail the more likely you will, or your mind will let you, see this box which blends with it's surroundings. Camouflage is something everyone, especially pilots, hunters and fishermen learn is a way of life, survival, and victory.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
The one place where most of the warm waters converge in this region are where? Now F' could come right out and said start at Fishing Bridge, but that would have been too easy and perhaps a little boring.

Sooo... The beginning, where the warm waters halt is the little known, but documented boundary of Yellowstone Lake. This boundary is generally located through the quarter mile stretch called Lehardy Rapids. Here you can often see bears braving the rapids feeding on trout (cutthroat) as they leapfrog upstream. The water temps take a dive here also, as they converge with the air and cool aquasphere waters comming out of the underground chambers.

That is where the warm waters halt. It is a documented, pinpointable location which begins the journey.

So now we have the name of another bigger area, but now more focussed, although not yet searchable (still need to marrow things down).

Anytime someone wants to run with the ball...feel free.

I'll try finishing the second stanza for ya after some input. This is a challenge, so no use rushing, unless you figure it out first..you will have title (someone's claimed property left with the intentions of someone comming back for it, and upon completion of a set of accomplishments completing a contract)...transfer of title of the treasure from F' to you.
This could be considered the "chain of custody" and serve to maintain legal transferable ownership of the treasure. F' did that with the writing of the poem the way he did.

It's like if I said "hey I parked my car and left it somewhere in Yellowstone, (but do.'t necessarily think the treasure is there), but if you can figure out this riddle and find it, I will sign the title over to you." Still my car, I made an offer, you accept my offer by solving the riddle, and I complete the contracted agreement by giving you title.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry, but I failed in my attempts to attatch a pic showing some really cool old dugout cliff ladders used by the Indians by a Yellowstone waterfall. They were cool and if I were there you can bet I'd ne checking out the caves...not to find any treasure... Just to explore. Don't do this alone, but can be done by a good climber with harness line and belay tender. No.... This is not the exact place... Just a gotta do if you are a true explorer.

Last edited:

Puzzlesolver

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINALLY!!!!!! THANK YOU PUZZLE SOLVER!!!
This is the first time in all the posts, in all the conjectures and musings, someone FINALLY mentions Grand Loop Road.
I really think jumping to "no place for the meek" (not Joe Meek) is putting the cart before the horse, because you haven't ruled stuff out yet). Yeah, you can get closer, but the more you follow the trail the more likely you will, or your mind will let you, see this box which blends with it's surroundings. Camouflage is something everyone, especially pilots, hunters and fishermen learn is a way of life, survival, and victory.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
The one place where most of the warm waters converge in this region are where? Now F' could come right out and said start at Fishing Bridge, but that would have been too easy and perhaps a little boring.

Sooo... The beginning, where the warm waters halt is the little known, but documented boundary of Yellowstone Lake. This boundary is generally located through the quarter mile stretch called Lehardy Rapids. Here you can often see bears braving the rapids feeding on trout (cutthroat) as they leapfrog upstream. The water temps take a dive here also, as they converge with the air and cool aquasphere waters comming out of the underground chambers.

That is where the warm waters halt. It is a documented, pinpointable location which begins the journey.

So now we have the name of another bigger area, but now more focussed, although not yet searchable (still need to marrow things down).

Anytime someone wants to run with the ball...feel free.

I'll try finishing the second stanza for ya after some input. This is a challenge, so no use rushing, unless you figure it out first..you will have title (someone's claimed property left with the intentions of someone comming back for it, and upon completion of a set of accomplishments completing a contract)...transfer of title of the treasure from F' to you.
This could be considered the "chain of custody" and serve to maintain legal transferable ownership of the treasure. F' did that with the writing of the poem the way he did.

It's like if I said "hey I parked my car and left it somewhere in Yellowstone, (but do.'t necessarily think the treasure is there), but if you can figure out this riddle and find it, I will sign the title over to you." Still my car, I made an offer, you accept my offer by solving the riddle, and I complete the contracted agreement by giving you title.

So where is YOUR solution to "no place for the meek?

Main Entry: meek
Pronunciation: \ˈmēk\
Etymology: Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse mjūkr gentle; akin to Welsh esmwyth soft
Date: 13th century
1 : enduring injury with patience and without resentment : mild 2 : deficient in spirit and courage : submissive 3 : not violent or strong : moderate

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about how his mind would work. He collected antiques,relics and artifacts.Does it not make sense that a place associated with obscure ancient history would prove to be the resting place?

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So where is YOUR solution to "no place for the meek?

Main Entry: meek
Pronunciation: \ˈmēk\
Etymology: Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse mjūkr gentle; akin to Welsh esmwyth soft
Date: 13th century
1 : enduring injury with patience and without resentment : mild 2 : deficient in spirit and courage : submissive 3 : not violent or strong : moderate

In due time... In due time. I am still addressing the second stanza, but it does have something to do with "the end".

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have one piece of the puzzle anyway. Pretty cool poem so far.

Puzzlesolver

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One place w/ no meek

In due time... In due time. I am still addressing the second stanza, but it does have something to do with "the end".

As I stated, there is only one place in all the Rockies that is no place for the meek. Problem is, I have no clue as to the ID of the blaze. Can't find any hints in the book. I think Fenn pulled a fast one to ensure legend lives on w/o the chest being found. Area is too big for one person to search.

Anyone want to help????

jackhammer

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I stated, there is only one place in all the Rockies that is no place for the meek. Area is too big for one person to search.

Anyone want to help????

I live in the Rockies, willing to help. What is the single no place for the meek? You can PM me.

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meek, a Greek derivative, also refers to a war horse that is bridled and ready for battle. Didn't Fenn ride a horse and get lost down a creek where the water was getting deeper and deeper, maybe his friend could tell you where they got lost. No that's not possiable he is no longer around. I think they had to turn around and backtrack a day and let the horses take the to a road. It seems to me he was making a trail of his on. If you took a boat down that creek you proably could not paddle back up it. I think the came out not far from west Yellowstone but too far to walk 50 miles. I hope this helps someone.

Dugit

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Shortcuts are ok in the city, but in the wilderness they get you lost and sometimes a dead end....or worst case scenerio... Just plain dead.

It's never a bad thing to know which way you came, and systematicly cover a search area. When you just throw darts, and go iradically to and fro... You're lost. Enjoy the scenery.

Puzzlesolver

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no place that is too far to walk. The clue just means you don't have to walk. You can't talk a boat or horse or plane because most people don't carry those things. But most people have cars. So driving it must be.

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too far to walk from where warm waters halt is a clue. It's just noone has figured it out yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread