Forrest Fenn s treasure

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
welcome to the new people you should read the past posts as many answers can be found by reading them and many of your ideas have already been discussed to the point of no return. No FF has not been giving out " clues" each month because today has not contacted him to do so. they werent really any help in any case. its no loss. they were like " the treasure in on the planet earth." cool thanks Ill start looking there then. :/

ousooner82

Aug 21, 2012
Whitt, these are the Today Show clues:

"The treasure is not in a graveyard."
"No need to dig up the old outhouses."
"The treasure is hidden higher than 5,000 feet above sea level."

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hay, you guys that have claimed to have figured it out. I know you start where the warm water stops, but would someone please tell me which state that is in? lol Just curious as to how many different answers I will get. You know nothing really matters until this point is cleared up. It's like fishing in the swimming pool and expecting to catch a fish. Frank.

I know I didnt say I figured it out. Otherwise I would have no need to bew here, I would be in Jamaica. ;)

And you know any treasure hunter that has spent time in the field, will never disclose where they are looking.
As for me, that even includes the State.

I am planning trip 7 soon, and it IS in a state. And I am using a completely new and untested theory. One that I have recently developed, and as far as I can find, nobody else has considered it. I am still going through this thread here, but as far as I have read, not even here.

I can tell you what states it is in though.

Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico.

How do I know? Mr. Fenn has eliminated the other by his clues.

If you have been doing any field work on this hunt, maybe you will see me in my truck out there.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just curious, how long do you think it will take to checkout 4 complete states?
If no one is telling where they are looking and what they think the "clues" mean what is the purpose of this thread?
It appears that quite a few think they have figured it out (many times) I would say, but they have come up empty. Now if all shared their logic, and there is really something there, someone could find it. It appears greed is working for 'F' one way or the other. Frank...

Well, for me, I am focused on only one state. In fact, I am focused on a single county. I suppose that if this were a lottery forum, and everyone shared their sure-fire picks, then it would be won. Or it would be won anyway. Or it wouldnt be.

But the Thrill of The Chase, is all about just that. The chase, and hopefully the find.

Have you ever seen the movie "Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad world"?

Although I truly feel that would be fun, I dont think in the end I would want that. (even tho I have said otherwise somewhere else ago)

I dont mind giving out any hints or clues or solutions or spots.
But only after I have been there and exausted that possibility first.

And to note, you dont have to checkout any complete states,... here is a map showing elegable states, and shaded area above 5000 feet.
http://www.ignorancedenied.com/group.php?discussionid=17&do=discuss

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, for me, I am focused on only one state. In fact, I am focused on a single county. I suppose that if this were a lottery forum, and everyone shared their sure-fire picks, then it would be won. Or it would be won anyway. Or it wouldnt be.

But the Thrill of The Chase, is all about just that. The chase, and hopefully the find.

Have you ever seen the movie "Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad world"?

Although I truly feel that would be fun, I dont think in the end I would want that. (even tho I have said otherwise somewhere else ago)

I dont mind giving out any hints or clues or solutions or spots.
But only after I have been there and exausted that possibility first.

And to note, you dont have to checkout any complete states,... here is a map showing elegable states, and shaded area above 5000 feet.
The Thrill of The Chase - The States in the Rockies
I stopped by your website ID. Nice work. Like that avatar of Lee Marvin as the outlaw Liberty Valance.

Tennessee Williams: "We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal."

Wernher Von Braun: "Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." :icon_thumright:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
To be Frank, with you, Frank,...

If I told you even that little snippet, that one fact would let the cat out of the bag of where I am going next.

And I wont be doing that.

Sorry. I guess I will leave you believing that "no one knows where it is" and that you are indeed correct.

I can live with that.

-Mark-

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:I agree Frankn. And Fenn instructing chase searches to read the word map over and over and over, commit it to memory and read the memoir several times. Reminds me of the Boy Scout camp trick pulled on new campers with the Owa Tagu Siam trick.

dishpan

Aug 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTDT2-"commit it to memory"-

It's a lot nicer to wander around in the woods without your nose in a book, hunting for what was that he said about ____?
It's a large book. kind of awkward to pack. I'm curious if you or Frank have read it yet.

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTDT2-"commit it to memory"-

It's a lot nicer to wander around in the woods without your nose in a book, hunting for what was that he said about ____?
It's a large book. kind of awkward to pack. I'm curious if you or Frank have read it yet.

Don't quote me on this dishpan, but I think the word you are searching for is “I tend to use some words that aren’t in the DICTIONARY. Not sure tho, because I tend to get a bit confused when I read or listen to Fenn. It takes me a few seconds to recover.
But you can't beat that joke you posted about the town with a population of 2,500.:icon_thumleft:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no dishpan. Can't find that in my long term memory. Why don't you just post it here so everyone can know what you are talking about. Might be of interest to some. You never know, Do you DP?

dishpan

Aug 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shel Silverstein made up tons of words and every kid can tell you what they mean.. this is not so different. I believe open-mindedness is the key.

Last edited:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe open-mindedness is the key.

I fully agree dishpan.

Yes, I have never read the book, but I have read the free online excerpt. Thats as far as I will take it in regards to text.

And yes, I have been to Yellowstone too. Many many times. One of my favorite spots to go out and chill.

But it isnt there.

Sounds like Frank has a bad experiences with snipes.

Ya know?... its kinda funny when you think about it. Everyone here is here for some kind of treasure. Yes not one treasure is found here without some kind of hunt or exploration. But the feel I am getting from some is that because Mr. Fenn hasnt said, "it is in this state", or "it is in this spot, just go get it", that somehow it is percieved here as some kind of farce?

Just doesnt make sense.

I can say I have had a couple of email exchanges with Mr. Fenn, as well as exchanges with others that are truly in the "chase" for the thrill. And I am fully convinced that the box is out there. As well I am fully convinced that Mr. Fenn doesnt care if you, I, or anyone else finds it right away.

I believe it is out there, and I am comfortable knowing where I have looked, will be looking, gave me quite an interesting experience.

But I also have to suggest that I have something nobody else has.

A new outlook. And a new great idea.

But most interesting is I have found that every single nay-sayer, hasnt spent one moment trying. Not one of them.

And the few, and I mean very few, that have tried, have appreciated every moment of it. Even when returning empty handed.

Which is why not one person responded to my post asking anyone that has or has intention, to respond.

(just like Franks post asking anyone to tell him where to look)

Happy hunting ya'll.

:notworthy:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Someone please tap the record player the needle is stuck AGAIN. lol

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ID
It is just that not all of us live in fantasyland. I suggest that you do some research on Fenn's legal and financial trouble.s It may enlighten you. Too often people are blinded by glitter that is not always gold.
As for those chasing "just to get outdoors" or even just to get away from the old lady, that is great.
Happy hunting.
V

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
These broken records need to be chucked in the can. I don't know about the rest of you on here but if I don't believe in something I DON'T WASTE MY TIME ON IT NOR GIVE IT ANY ATTENTION. So my only conclusion is the 3 that constantly say it's a farce is that they do believe it's hidden and are trying to irritate folks into spilling some secrets. Or... life has no other outlet for them than this. Either way gentlemen I'll not comment on your negative comments again but support your right to voice them. Just confuses me is all. Have a good one:thumbsup:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
this is what i think of,thinking on,....There'll be no paddle up your creek
photo credit 2010 Fall Photos - Great Smoky Mountains Index

be_roberts-logo-sm.jpg
IMG_6505-BigCreek.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a member does not believe in the legend, that is their right, just state so and why and leave, do not stay in thread and constantly attack it.

Stop making off topic posts and replies....

:flag_green:Warning, stop all the insults of each other in this thread or find you can no longer post in any threads for awhile......:flag_green:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread