Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 136 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn's treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Forrest Fenn's treasure

haven't seen a thread on this.... Anyone interested in it? I've done some cursory research and would like to share. The distance precludes me from searching, but would like to help.

us
    Dave

Mar 2006
    Epworth, Ohio
    Compass xp-pro
    3 times

Re: Forrest Fenn's treasure

Hi Marke'd, I'm from Ohio. What part of the United States is this from?

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times

Quote Originally Posted by idigdirt
    Forrest lives in New Mexico and claims he buried it in the mountains north of Santa Fe. I'm in Iowa and am planning a SD excursion, so New Mexico isn't happenin' for me. I'll share my thoughts privately, tho.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times

Quote Originally Posted by themarkd
    Quote Originally Posted by idigdirt
    Forrest lives in New Mexico and claims he buried it in the mountains north of Santa Fe. I'm in Iowa and am planning a SD excursion, so New Mexico isn't happenin' for me. I'll share my thoughts privately, tho.
    I forgot to add a brief synopsis.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margie..._b_822894.html

Feb 2008
    232 times

This yarn is two years old. Is the coot still alive? Bet he was seen doin it if he did. Those hills are crawlin with hobos.
    lgadbois and Nice Person like this.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times

Quote Originally Posted by lastleg
    This yarn is two years old. Is the coot still alive? Bet he was seen doin it if he did. Those hills are crawlin with hobos.
    I think the old fart is still kickin. No report of it bein' found. But, then, who would tell anybody?

Mar 2003
    111 times

If I lived in Santa Fe, I would consider spending some time on finding this cache.

The clues can be interpreted in many different ways. Home of Brown could be a favorite brown trout fly fishing river or creek. But it could be the Brown Ranch, or something else. Are the warm waters a geothermic mineral springs? Is Yellowstone (Yellow Stone) a good clue?

The treasure is not buried. It is in a cave, cleft, or perhaps in the water below the blaze (mark on a landmark? trail? arrow or initials on a tree?)

I see the book has taken a healthy increase in price. There are a couple of them for sale on Amazon at around $135.

us
    Feb 2008
    ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
    Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
    Prospecting
    HI Markd,
    I would have thought that a lot more Treasure Hunters here on Treasurenet would be out after this one! I have solved some of the clues from the poem and from his book.

I have already made a ground search and feel that I am getting close to the right area. ( yeah...that's what everybody thinks!) I will be out in the area frequently.
    evans233

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evans233 View Post
    HI Markd,
    I would have thought that a lot more Treasure Hunters here on Treasurenet would be out after this one! I have solved some of the clues from the poem and from his book.

I have already made a ground search and feel that I am getting close to the right area. ( yeah...that's what everybody thinks!) I will be out in the area frequently.
    evans233
    The only way to know you have "some of the clues" solved is to walk to your car with the box. "home of Brown" is key, obviously, and needs to be interpreted a certain way. Happy hunting out there. Would love to hear interpretations you have.

vor

Jun 2012
    391 times

Why no interest?

Quote Originally Posted by evans233 View Post
    HI Markd,
    I would have thought that a lot more Treasure Hunters here on Treasurenet would be out after this one!
    evans233
    Not to be negative but it is probably a hoax just to sell the books. The guy had to be broke from his extended dig.
    midwestmark likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times
    Not a hoax. Ive been in the guys house. He doesnt need money. Ive talked to him personally. Its out there.
    Goldwasher, detroitrc74 and embrym like this.

vor

Jun 2012
    391 times
    Fair enough, he apparently lives lavishly and has a good story.

But a true artist/art lover would never leave "pre-Columbian gold animal figures, a Spanish 17th century gold-and-emerald ring and an important bracelet with turquoise beads excavated in 1898 from Mesa Verde" out in the desert with the possibility of it being melt down by a ya-hoo wandering the desert. He would leave those to his kids or a museum. Now if he just left bullion I might be inclined to go for his story. just MHO of course
    Last edited by vor; Jun 20, 2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: grammatical
    Gold Maven likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times
    My guess is that the heirs get the millions worth of artifacts in his office. He wants to be part of history. Let's let him. His ego, his loot, his choice.

vor

Jun 2012
    391 times
    I will agree with you...his loot.

And anyway he is probably of Spanish or Portuguese descent in which tradition requires that all pre-columbian figurines/jewelry be melt down prior to sale.

Regards

us
    Nov 2011
    White's Prism V 950
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    I will agree with you...his loot.

And anyway he is probably of Spanish or Portuguese descent in which tradition requires that all pre-columbian figurines/jewelry be melt down prior to sale.

Regards
    Forrest is a different breed of cat. An enigma at the least.

I do know, that if someone finds the box, he'd like the silver bracelet back. He regrets putting it in there.

Page 1 of 136 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links