Pirate Chest: When to give up

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I NEVER said or implied that Ovid discovered the Atocha. He led them to a large pile of gold from the Atocha. As far as standing on the bow of a boat following a debris field goes, I am not an expert but I would assume debris fields can stretch for miles. Ovid was taken to the keys on a boat out of Ft Pierce. He stood on the bow of the boat and pointed in the direction they needed to go. He led them to an EXACT spot. When they were DIRECTLY over the gold he the told them so. They took him off a mile or so and he led them back to the EXACT same spot. They did this from six different directions. There is no "chance" involved here. They did not dive on this location until much later. The buoy anchor they marked the EXACT spot with was sitting on a pile of gold...
The point you are making is that you, and you alone are the source of this story...
...and with all the posted photos and your commentary, on this thread and others, Ovid never led you to a site that held any treasure, and that does make this Atocha tale suspect.
As for the other sites listed, claiming am wrong, nothing has been found to prove otherwise.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The point you are making is that you, and you alone are the source of this story...
...and with all the posted photos and your commentary, on this thread and others, Ovid never led you to a site that held any treasure, and that does make this Atocha tale suspect.
As for the other sites listed, claiming am wrong, nothing has been found to prove otherwise.

Of course I am the source of the story. So what! If I wanted to put some other people on the spot about this I could but why should I? Who says Ovid never led me to a site that held treasure? I still think almost everyone of them did. I just did not dig deep enough in the right places. I know you will say this is just making excuses. It is easy for you to sit there in front of your computer being the judge and jury as to my integrity and honesty. Who do you think you are?If and when I decide the time is right I will try to dig them all up. I want the whole world watching. The technology now exists for this to happen.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In your relating of the Ovid Arnold story, you allude that Ovid, by dowsing, discovered the ATOCHA, that was found in 1985, and the debris field was already established. So if standing on the bow of a boat that was following the debris trail, that probability of stating that gold and silver is below is much higher than chance.
Without reliable confirmation outside of your statements, this is considered as lore.

Mel Fisher recounts and documents all the steps in how he found the Atocha, and there is no mention of anyone on the bow of the ship dowsing or otherwise leading him to the gold. Mel seems to have been very forthcoming about many many treasure tails and documenting the history of his finds, and I have read everything I can get my hands on from him, but I have never heard anything about Ovid or anyone that fits that description helping him.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
ECS, Maybe Bill Moore could clear this up. However, if BDD says it happened a certain way, I'm inclined to believe him. Rather than being an annoyance, why don't you help out?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mel Fisher recounts and documents all the steps in how he found the Atocha, and there is no mention of anyone on the bow of the ship dowsing or otherwise leading him to the gold. Mel seems to have been very forthcoming about many many treasure tails and documenting the history of his finds, and I have read everything I can get my hands on from him, but I have never heard anything about Ovid or anyone that fits that description helping him.

I will repeat this again-Ovid did not put them on the Atocha, he put them on a pile of gold believed to be from the Atocha. Mel himself was not involved in this. I am not in the mood right now to recount the entire story. If ECS were to ask me nicely instead of interrogating me, I might share almost all the details. I never tell ANYONE EVERYTHING. It happened. It was acknowledged at the time by some of the Fisher people. Ovid had no contract. It was one of the most upsetting things that ever happened to him. It happened a long time ago and Ovid is long dead. Two years ago with no prompting from me an individual with ties to the Fishers told me that an Ovid Arnold of North Carolina put them directly on gold from the Atocha. I am only recounting things that have been told to me by different individuals. I was not there. For the most part none of this really matters anymore. I want to dig up treasure, not ghosts.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tomorrow is the first official test of a new device that is able to detect gold from a distance. There is buried gold and silver being used for this test. The LRL device inventor has no idea where the gold and silver is. This same individual had traveled many years ago to prove to someone offering a reward for a working LRL that could pass his tests. That is another story. Twenty plus years ago Ovid passed the LRL inventors tests. We then traveled on a 1800 mile trip together. This same individual was in the back of my van on the original Alligator Alley trip. It is all a long story. It is about to get better.

I have been given what I believe are the locations of many buried treasures. It is my own fault that none of them have been dug up. I can be my own worst enemy. I am trying to get along better with myself.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big dog... this is what many dreams are made of...

buriedtreasure-e1375411056379.jpg Gold7.jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL... sheeesh... IF I had found that... or those even... heh...

This would be my new metal detector and scoop holder / "case"...

Minus the red interior "padding" of course...
Might splurge and get black "padding".

hqdefault.jpg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
ARRC if you found that, would you be posting it on Treasurenet?

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been reading this thread and I am amazed at how many locations you have found all over the west central Florida area which contain large amounts of gold. All these places are packed with gold, silver and diamonds according to remote viewers. All three! And all over the place! Incredible.

One issue I have though is with the remote viewers. I'm very familiar with remote viewing using various structures, TRV, CRV, ARV, etc, and other methods which existed before these.

I would add that I do not believe in dowsing, esp, pendulums,etc. I'm not entirely sure I believe in remote viewing either, but it has been an interest of mine for about 20 years now and I do understand how it is used. I believe the results are interesting, but if it worked as well as viewers claimed, there would be a lot of rich viewers.

A remote viewer will definitely NOT be able to tell you the amount of detail you are getting such as depth, metal type, etc. That is a huge red flag. It could be attempted through ARV but it would be a very long session, and it would require a lot setup on YOUR part.

Also, it is not good for a remote viewer to start front loaded (ie: where is the treasure in this area). In fact, the LESS information they know about what you are looking for, the better. The most front loading they should get is something like "Describe the object will I be holding tomorrow at exactly 3pm?". That object represents an event which they are not aware of and they do not have objects to choose from. And of course after you dig the treasure you must hold that object at exactly 3pm to complete the event.

A remote viewer, using ARV should be able to tell you EXACTLY where you WILL HAVE FOUND the treasure. In other words, he sees you in the future AFTER you've found it, and tells you where that was... but not directly, by using ARV.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have not found any of the locations or treasures myself. I have been led to or given the locations by others. The reason I have been given so many is because I have put myself on here and asked for help and I talk a lot to strangers. If I were someone else reading my threads I would probably not believe a word of it. I have given the critics a chance to come experience things first-hand and then decide if any of it has merit. The critics have all declined my repeated offers to let them accompany me on-site as I test out different methods. Of course until I were to dig up gold it would all be considered speculation. There are ways to tell if any of the devices or methods are actually working. Seeing is believing. You don't have to find a treasure of gold to be able to tell that a metal detector works.

I just recently was told of a few modern day treasures that have been found or are waiting to be found. I share my stories with others and they share their stories with me.

As I have said in the past, it is all my fault that I have not done a thorough job of seeing things all the way through. It is as if I really don't want to find anything. There may be some truth to this. I have been trying to accumulate sites with permission to dig. I have been trying to get my hands on just the right means of electronic detection. We were supposed to be testing a device last weekend but it got delayed. Maybe this weekend.

I am still not sure how I would handle a large treasure if it were discovered. There is no way I could keep my big mouth shut about it and it could all come back to bite me in the ass. I truly don't want the treasures for myself but would rather make my money off of the actual event of finding something, hence the possible TV show or internet site.

flgliderpilot-Seeing into the future is a little harder to believe than the ability to find metal buried in the ground. I am not saying I don't believe in what your saying, quite the contrary I have had experience with it myself.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
There has been a lot of talk on this thread about digging holes. Myself I am a very private person and I will never brag but its a happy day for me because I finally found my cache! I wasnt going to post, but what the heck.

I have been digging in this remote location for over a year but was afraid to post anything about it because I knew I was close. Well I am not as determined a BDD but I thought it outcarefully and decided I have no choice but to camp out on the location until I find it ....and guess what? Yesterday in the pouring rain, I found a marker brick, and then a pipe, and the soil coming out was a different a color so I knew I was close. I started dancing in the rain. And then I found it! No this is not an old cache but it does have value. BTW the value is between 0 and 10,000 dollars, somewhere in between. I aint saying but I found it yesterday and today I am a little happier. This is the second cache I found in a one week period and its already in the bank. And Im never this lucky. I have been basically homeless. I think God is looking over me. I was standing in the rain with lightning all around digging in the dirt. My luck has been so terrible lately until now. As soon as I re-recuperate I'm headed to the beach while Im on a roll LOL. I was soaking wet all night but I didnt care lol. Im in pain and I have a cold....but I dont care LOL! 8-) God is good. I'm grateful. Im going to pay the rent, fix my truck, maybe even go to a dentist lol.

Keep looking BDD. You will get lucky soon. After all my friends at TN read this post, it will self destruct.

dig1.jpg dig2.jpg

Attachments

• dig3.jpg
    dig3.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There has been a lot of talk on this thread about digging holes. Myself I am a very private person and I will never brag but its a happy day for me because I finally found my cache! I wasnt going to post, but what the heck.

I have been digging in this remote location for over a year but was afraid to post anything about it because I knew I was close. Well I am not as determined a BDD but I thought it outcarefully and decided I have no choice but to camp out on the location until I find it ....and guess what? Yesterday in the pouring rain, I found a marker brick, and then a pipe, and the soil coming out was a different a color so I knew I was close. I started dancing in the rain. And then I found it! No this is not an old cache but it does have value. BTW the value is between 0 and 10,000 dollars, somewhere in between. I aint saying but I found it yesterday and today I am a little happier. This is the second cache I found in a one week period and its already in the bank. And Im never this lucky. I have been basically homeless. I think God is looking over me. I was standing in the rain with lightning all around digging in the dirt. My luck has been so terrible lately until now. As soon as I re-recuperate I'm headed to the beach while Im on a roll LOL. I was soaking wet all night but I didnt care lol. Im in pain and I have a cold....but I dont care LOL! 8-) God is good. I'm grateful. Im going to pay the rent, fix my truck, maybe even go to a dentist lol.

Keep looking BDD. You will get lucky soon. After all my friends at TN read this post, it will self destruct.

View attachment 1173794 View attachment 1173796

Good for you BCH. Hard work, determination and luck has paid off for you. Keep at it. Stay on a roll. I quoted your post so it will stay a permanent record on here. I don't blame you for keeping the details to yourself.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
I see a hole with water in it. Is there coins? clad? bullion? What sort of cache is this! Congratulations!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I guess since I posted it online, I have to live with it lol. oh well I was planning on deleting it. But no harm done. No biggie. I have nothing to hide here anymore. Its over. I found it.

I just wanted to share that you are not the only person digging holes. This was a case where I knew it was there, but I just couldnt find it. I dug all the way to solid rock and I knew my time was limited because the rainy season is upon us. For months I was so close but couldnt find it. I accidentally uncovered the brick,, and I knew I had found the marker. It was right on the edge all the time. I was so close, but didnt know it. Do you know how many times I dug this hole and re-filled it for fear of revealing my location? It wasnt near as deep as I thought.

Well its not a lot of money BDD. You probably make more than this in one week. But to me, it was important. I can breath for a while now and pay a few bills and see a doctor about my health problems. Thank for the congrats BDD.

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I see a hole with water in it. Is there coins? clad? bullion? What sort of cache is this! Congratulations!
Under the pipe was another pipe capped off and full of valuables just out of the reach of my metal detector.. It was under the brick. I cant comment much more. Sorry

The hole with water is just an empty hole I have been digging. It kept filling with water and I kept bailing it out. I found the brick off to the edge as I was expanding my search area in a pouring rainstorm yesterday afternoon.. Its not an old cache as evidenced by the PVC pipe. I put the PVC pipe back in place and snapped a picture. It was packed full of dirt and roots.

Thanks for the Congrats

dig3.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions