ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi bigdogdad,
Dowsing has revealed....
White rectangle area: Mixed attractions of silver/gold, various locations.
Green circled area: Gold attraction.
Blue circled area: Silver attratction.
Orange/blue circled area: Copper/silver/ruby gem attraction.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon
BDD,you never mentioned the rubies on the other thread...
...but the COPPER was right on!

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think there is treasure all around this empty lot. The picture is on a prior page. This is where I dug out the septic system and then came back years later and dug a well by hand trying to get to the possible chests. As far as I am concerned it is all still there. This lot is for sale. Its on a canal and is not cheap. I have permission to metal detect and could get permission to do another dig. Research has shown that this is an old pirate hangout.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think there is treasure all around this empty lot. The picture is on a prior page. This is where I dug out the septic system and then came back years later and dug a well by hand trying to get to the possible chests. As far as I am concerned it is all still there. This lot is for sale. Its on a canal and is not cheap. I have permission to metal detect and could get permission to do another dig. Research has shown that this is an old pirate hangout.
RAIDERS OF THE LOST CESSPOOL
You might find an old pirate privy-but that's not gold!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Didn't that 'professional' the 'investor' hired finally decide that 2 septic systems 'had been' there but were gone now?

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
reminded me of a story from 6 years ago

Montclair gold miner must fill hole by the rules - DailyBulletin.com

images (2).jpg pm_gold0616+Z.jpg

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bigdogdad i got no gold, but there a lot of silver there,got it in all 3 picture's.

I see you wrote "silver 4 more feet." firstdigsm.jpg

That is so very mean and cruel Okiedowser. I hope he doesnt take you serious and dig up the entire drainfield again. Now I understand why BDD doesnt want to post in the dowsing forum. The map dowsing advice seems to be absolutely worthless.

Last edited:

Harp

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7 Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, man. I read your accounts of your searching, and I have to say that your persistence is very admirable...
I truly hope and pray that your efforts are rewarded...

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Harp- thanks for the prayers. I need all the help I can get.

BCH-There is no drainfield. They are now hooked up to county sewer. I don't need to post on the dowsing forum. I work with the dowsers privately. I am not taking the bait on your negative comments.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sewer, drainfield, parking lot...whatever. Please dont take my comments personally. Its directed at Okiedowser. I thought what he said that he sees silver 4 foot further was a very cruel thing to do and the random conflicting dowsing presented thus far on this forum is worthless IMO..

Studies show emails are ALWAYS misunderstood and we are experiencing this phenomena here at TN lately.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigdogdad...
I know the area where you were digging near Godfried Creek. That was the known hangout of Capt. Brewster Baker AKA Brewbaker. :icon_pirat: His vessel was spotted by the Revenue Cutter Grampus in 1821. Baker and some of his crew were captured, tried and hung in accordance with the Anti-Piracy Act of 1821 passed by Pres. Monroe. Its very possible some of his men hastily buried their treasure before fleeing into the woods only to be captured later...
Brewster Baker began his career as a midshipman in the Royal British Navy,and as a Lt led a mutiny while in port at Barbadoes.With the captured French brig,ANDRE FOLLET,Baker sailed to west Florida,and set up a thatch hut camp on Pine Island,with an area for careening ships.Baker was known as the 'Brigand of Bokeelia".
The dates of his life are b.1758-d.1820?/1824.
One version has it that he left Pine Island in 1820 to join Bolivar's fight in South America (Spain sold Florida to the US in 1821)and was never heard of.
The other version is that the ANDRE FOLLET was encountered by a US gunboat(no name supplied,but it was not the Grampus)in Kettle Bay(Lemon Bay),was captured and hung with his men-two were said to have escaped by swimming to shore.The version you mentioned sounds at lot like the Ross Island/Grampus incident of 1821-many tales and lore become commingled over time.
Much of the pirate legend and lore of that area came from Egmont Key Lighthouse Keeper (1878-1910) Capt Charles Moore,who would tell visitors stories of piracy in old Florida.
One such story was that of the late 1790's pirate,Pascual Miguel,his capture of the beautiful Charlotta,who drowned in the Manatee River giving rise to the "singing river" legend,and Miguel burying treasure at Rocky Bluff under a large boulder with a ship carving.
A friend of Moore's,Ellenton resident,Dudley Patten,claimed that in 1892,an unmarked black schooner sailed up the Manatee River and set anchor.Late at night,the few residents of Ellenton were awakened by a loud boom.The next morning,Patten led a group of Ellenton's men to Rocky Bluff.The Schooner was gone,and where the carved boulder was,now was a square hole,which appeared that something was removed.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
There you have it, the chest Ovid predicted was there after all. Just because it was removed proves
that a few select dreamers can tell you the exact location where a treasure used to be.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think there is treasure all around this empty lot. The picture is on a prior page. This is where I dug out the septic system and then came back years later and dug a well by hand trying to get to the possible chests. As far as I am concerned it is all still there... Research has shown that this is an old pirate hangout.
With all the effort shown in those photos,and the money spent on the several digs you have done there over the years,one would think something besides a septic system would have been found.
I believe your thread question has been answered but ...

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ECS-I am not going to respond to this thread. If you want to discuss the Englewood site go to the other thread.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arrrr matey

Ctwilly49

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brewster Baker began his career as a midshipman in the Royal British Navy,and as a Lt led a mutiny while in port at Barbadoes.With the captured French brig,ANDRE FOLLET,Baker sailed to west Florida,and set up a thatch hut camp on Pine Island,with an area for careening ships.Baker was known as the 'Brigand of Bokeelia".
The dates of his life are b.1758-d.1820?/1824.
One version has it that he left Pine Island in 1820 to join Bolivar's fight in South America (Spain sold Florida to the US in 1821)and was never heard of.
The other version is that the ANDRE FOLLET was encountered by a US gunboat(no name supplied,but it was not the Grampus)in Kettle Bay(Lemon Bay),was captured and hung with his men-two were said to have escaped by swimming to shore.The version you mentioned sounds at lot like the Ross Island/Grampus incident of 1821-many tales and lore become commingled over time.
Much of the pirate legend and lore of that area came from Egmont Key Lighthouse Keeper (1878-1910) Capt Charles Moore,who would tell visitors stories of piracy in old Florida.
One such story was that of the late 1790's pirate,Pascual Miguel,his capture of the beautiful Charlotta,who drowned in the Manatee River giving rise to the "singing river" legend,and Miguel burying treasure at Rocky Bluff under a large boulder with a ship carving.
A friend of Moore's,Ellenton resident,Dudley Patten,claimed that in 1892,an unmarked black schooner sailed up the Manatee River and set anchor.Late at night,the few residents of Ellenton were awakened by a loud boom.The next morning,Patten led a group of Ellenton's men to Rocky Bluff.The Schooner was gone,and where the carved boulder was,now was a square hole,which appeared that something was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Where does it say I am giving up? I asked at what point would anyone else give up...
Heres the deal.
It is easy to critisize others. There is a lot of information that I have that I am not going to put on here. I am on here more for my own and others amusement...

Now that BDD "has left the building" once again we may never know the outcome of 9' deep chest on Anna Maria Island or the Englewood septic pirate vault,as BDD stated before deleting the other thread,"you all lose".
It appears that his amusement thrill has gone.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
It is a shame his thread got locked, I had some good advise to offer him. Not probing - coring. I had
it all planned out and now this again. In fact he could use this method on his other projects and not
have to dig eight foot holes. But then he does enjoy digging enormous holes.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It is a shame his thread got locked, I had some good advise to offer him. Not probing - coring. I had
it all planned out and now this again. In fact he could use this method on his other projects and not
have to dig eight foot holes. But then he does enjoy digging enormous holes.

I asked to have the other thread deleted. I am tired of all the negativity labeled as "advice". I don't want any of it. I just wanted to share my story. I no longer care about posting on TNET. It is a waste of my time. I am sure that ECS, vor, limitool and others can do this one in too.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now that BDD "has left the building" once again we may never know the outcome of 9' deep chest on Anna Maria Island or the Englewood septic pirate vault,as BDD stated before deleting the other thread,"you all lose".
It appears that his amusement thrill has gone.

If I find something you can see it on the news. The amusement thrill has been long gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions