Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey BDD, I purchased yourtreasurestory. Can't wait to get it. Do you have plans to issue a hard copy version?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-I haven't talked to the Fowler's Bluff group. I am an expert in knowing how NOT to do things which could be of use to them. I did learn a lot on how to sink a concrete well in Florida. Two of the things I learned on that was to make sure you are sinking it right over the top of what you are after and to never leave something in the ground when digging that may mess you up on a subsequent dig (dredge pump hose). I also believe that the closer you get to a treasure the harder things become as the "forces" may not want you to get to it.

Salvor 6- Thanks for the purchase. Depending upon how you pay for the e-book it may be ready for an immediate download that will be e-mailed to you. This is done through godaddy.com for everyones ease and security. There may be a hardcover version in the future as well as an audio version. I think a lot of people would enjoy hearing the story told by me with intonation and enthusiasm. I am a very emotional person and this is a very emotional story to me.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vor- I also believe that the closer you get to a treasure the harder things become as the "forces" may not want you to get to it.

BDD
Do not take this wrong or get defensive but what do you believe these "forces" to be? Are these supernatural spirits or just the luck gods you are referring to?
I have been a supporter or yours and have an open mind but this is outside my realm of understanding. I believe in karma but that is a score that is settled up at the end and wouldn't prevent anyone from "getting to it".

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-As with a lot of things (dowsing, religion, psychic abilities, super natural spirits, etc) we each have our own opinions of what the truth is and how things work. I do believe in spiritual forces that may in some way be able to have an effect on our lives. I think that a lot of the treasures buried may be protected by these forces and may try to inhibit people from getting their hands on it. They may be able to accomplish this in very subtle ways. I don't expect you or many other people to believe this as you may see this as a excuse used by me or others for our failure to dig up the treasures we seek. I am not on TN to try to change anyones minds other than some state officials. So far, not so good.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont worry, they cant eat you.

diverdan

Jun 16, 2011
Ellenton, FL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in the trailer park next to the bridge. My neighbor is the guy that dug down with his backhoe. He said he went down 5 feet. Found nothing but copper wire.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live in the trailer park next to the bridge. My neighbor is the guy that dug down with his backhoe. He said he went down 5 feet. Found nothing but copper wire.
Sounds like a disturbed site from prior construction..

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK diverdan. Why are you telling me this now?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
diverdan-That's mighty nice of you but I don't believe a word of what anyone connected with this story says, other than myself. You all must think I am stupid. I have dug many holes and spent time in the army as an engineer. I have operated many different sized backhoes. Nobody dug at the site in the way you all have claimed. Don't waste my time. But thanks for your thoughts. The CSI investigation confirmed that the backhoe you talk about could not have dug to that depth or even close to it. Not even 1 foot. The rear digging scoop was rusty from not being used. There was other evidence. Ask Deputy Dan. The more people try to fool me the more it motivates me. I was getting bored with it all. Tell everyone the plan backfired. diverdan-Why would you implicate your neighbor in a crime? Are you throwing him under the bridge? I talked to someone today that may know a lawyer willing to take on the case in the effort to get permission to dig.

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with bdd. My recollection is that it is 8'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I just got to save this for posterity. I can't believe some of the posts that get put on here.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When I joined Treasurenet in March my intentions were to see what would happen if I shared some of my story with other "treasure hunters". I would have to say I have very mixed emotions so far on how this has turned out. There are some good things that have happened. I have met some very interesting people along the way. I don't really have very many regrets so far. Of course this story is far from over.

I realize that the majority of the people that are reading this thread probably have some serious doubts about what to believe. I know in my heart that I have tried to keep everything as true as possible. There is no way that I am going to share all the details of anything I have posted on here. There is way more to each story that I have told then I am going to put on here.

I will have to say I am a little dissappointed in how many people reading this thread or the newspaper article (460,000+ subscribers) were willing to purchase my E-book. So far the total is 1. I guess if you want to read about treasure stories, Treasurenet is full of them and it does not cost a penny. Actually, promoting my book was never my intention for starting this thread or joining TN so I guess I should not let it bother me.

I was going to come on here tonight and lay out my next plan of action on the Rocky Bluff bridge potential treasure site, but why should I? It hasn't done me much good so far. I have been told repeatedly how I should keep my big mouth shut so maybe that is what I should do. I am trying to be the good guy and do the right thing as far as this treasure site but that does not seem to be the way our society wants to operate anymore. The bad guys are now the stars in movies. It is cool to be a pirate. Greed is good. Lying is promoted. Stealing is okay. Maybe I am just old-fashioned. Maybe my style is a thing of the past.

I wrote a book for adults that I would be proud to have any little kid read. It is the type of story I enjoyed when I was young. Obviously the Treasurenet crowd is the wrong place for me.

Last edited:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice article. Hope things go your way. I LOVE your puppies! Now I know what your username means.

Anita

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As far as the treasure story goes, some things are definitely happening that have nothing to do with Rocky Bluff. I wish I hadn't broken my crystal ball because it makes it harder to tell which way to go. I will keep moving forward.

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD
Read part of your autobiography/treasurestory today. The "Engelwood digs" was a good read. The comedy act photo alone was worth the 7.99.
Good luck with it.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Id buy it if I could afford it.

When are you digging in Miccosuki?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-I am glad you are enjoying the book. I debated on which picture to use from my "comedy" act. You've got to admit I am not afraid to try.

BCH-I would tell you but then I would have to kill myself.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I had to skip the last 6 pages of this as I didnt have the time, so if this was already posted forgive me.....have you contacted anyone of the FPAN offices in our area? FPAN is the new thing that Judy Bense thought up when she took away our IFP.( Isolated Finds Program) back in 2005 FPAN is the Florida PUBLIC Archeaology Network. I am good friends with the archy who runs the Crystal River complex and they have a big office at MOSI in Tampa at the USF school. The have about 6 offices in Florida and it was designed for the public to interact with the Archeaoligist on thiings. Now they dont have all this funding to digging wherever they want or on a whim, but it is another options and these are some "digger friendly" archs and that is hard to find among the "paperedones" who run this state.

Manatee county has tons of old legends and lore and you know what? alot of them have been proven to be true, right up river from where you are talking about gold and silver was found but no t inthe amount you are describing, these were adorments worn by the indians who altered the gold and silver....BCH..you cool with me writing this?......there are sites extending to Myakka city ....I have offered to donate some of my finds to the little museum at the park off of 75th but was advised by Jorge who is the Chief Interpreter there, not to as the State could come down and take whatever they want from there back to Tally...which is sad because there is not 1 autentic piece of anything on display there and I know that shell mound has produced artifacts, even the one in the neighborhood before the entrance.
I dont know the timeline of your treasure dont know if it is tied into the Gamble or place od a few hundred years earlier...have you ever read any of Asa Pillsburys documentations of the early days in Manatee county? That old man did a tape recording back in the 60`s and talked about area inManatee Whitakers and Sneads and how the Desoto park isnt the original landing site, they had found some proof otherwise....good luck n this, and contact the nearest FPAN office and see if that helps, you wont get anywhere with the state archy`s in tally...that never seems to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread