Metal detecing in north central wv

jvance91

Jul 18, 2012
Fairmont, wv
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to metal detecting but I'm a huge history guy surprising being I'm only 21 I'm looking for some info on anything of interest around Fairmont, Morgantown, or clarksburg wv. I'm not out to go looking for money ( although it would be nice to find some) I'm out to find anything of interest and age. Not a lot of people are into metal detecting around here that I know of and I'm just looking for some information. Thanks in advance

lostring

Jun 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jvance91,

I live in Fairmont, WV and my wife lost her engagement ring in our yard last night and i was wondering if you'd be interested in coming to our house and possibly finding it. we have the area narrowed down, but cannot seem to find it. if you do not feel comfortable with this I understand. Id really like to find the ring and have no access to a metal detector. Please let me know if you could do this

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a good deed and find this for this guy.....its part of what we do...and to help you out there are a lot of civil war places in your area a little research in your local library and historical society can help you locate interesting places. There is also a set of books(small, thin) written by Thomas Terry...lists treasure and ghost towns along with some stories for your area.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
First off, that set of books by Terry is a 10 volume set of Magazine size books. It covers the entire USA, but you can probably find just your state, Volume 10, on Amazon or E Bay.

Now about finding the ring. Doesn't it seem strange that someone's first post was noticed by someone else without a detector who also made there first post.
Just wondering! Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost two years between posts, and this past march since o.p. was on here. They could make contact I guess......co incidents happen.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Almost two years between posts, and this past march since o.p. was on here. They could make contact I guess......co incidents happen.

Looks like I didn't check the date again. Good catch! Frank...-

Gatosupreme

Jan 15, 2015
North Central WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lostring,

I'm new to the forum. I'm in Fairmont. Be glad to help if still needed. Hope you've found it by now.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top 2 posts are 11 and 9 years old . They never came back to treasurenet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread