Large cache of buried gold in northern Morocco, advice needed

tango

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of these replies have been very helpful so far, I thought you guys might offer me some solid advice...
Let me make a few things clear:
1. This is a solid lead, This guys family was and still is well known in Morocco for being involved in the gold trade.
2. He confided to me this lead after years of knowing me, he has no reason to lie to me.
3. I do not currently know the whereabouts of his family's land as I have never been there yet.

I am going to estimate the depth to a maximum of 8 meters, so does anyone know of a specific detector that will get the job done and is also easy to use? Thanks!

hey there, u still interested in finding the gold? i could assist you if interested

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
bottlecap,if you have the time to put in on this hunt, walk the land looking for any large rocks with signs, if you have no rocks, check all the largest and oldest trees for signs he may have carved to lead him back to the location. if he was old then you know he did not trust his memory completely. i once buried a jar with about $28.00 in silver in it, near a dogwood tree and once the grass grew back i could not find the xmarksthebottlecap, in this case no marks except the tree only. took me quite some time to find it. i hope you have good luck. take your camera to take picture if you do get lucky with signs.

thermal

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
garrett...
Primary Interest:
Other
100 hectares of land to scan the detector?
Field is too large.
1 year not scanned.
I'd say the hard work.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would start with Google maps. Start with your gut instincts and go from there. Get a good lay of the land where you think it is. Make a pattern..and stick to it. I would start near the house regardless. Most people that bury treasure back in the day often wanted to see it from a window or be able to see it from time to time to make sure no one was messing with their bank. Just some thoughts. Also...be careful. The laws are very specific...you do not want to spend time in that jail...or any other for that matter...

I agree about around house or at least visible from house. You'd like to make sure others weren't digging your cache if you buried it. Sounds like this dig would have to be on the hush. So I'd not mention about where besides in morocco. It sounds like it would belong to the state now, because I'm certain they buried more than 13 cm? Man that's shallow. That's not fair.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What big brother don't know won't hurt. At least till he does know. Then ouch!!!

tango

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody happy Ramadan for those living in morocco as u do. Ok I got the exp 5000 lying in my house since a year or so. Unfortunately I don't have time to go on expedition and God knows how much i d love to. Anyways if any body is interested in this cool detector let me know. It would definitely make A DIFFERENCE here in morocco with all these bull shitters around selling ya crap detectors

Aug 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detector

Hi, what metal detector do you have? Any chance of seeing a photo of it? Where in Morocco are you? How much do you want for it?

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your number one priority is getting there, finding out where the property is, get a good feel of the area its in and what your getting into, then start looking into equipment, rather than spend 3 grand on ground penetrating radar and stealth shipping ( smuggling) of the illegal equipment and a plane ticket just to get out there and find out that all you need is a two box and a lot of time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread