Stone markings

jonesy2012

Jul 25, 2012
Ot sure if this is in the right place or not, but is anybody currently watching the program on History Channel called Holy Grail in America?
There was an interesting study in a small segment about the holes that we find carved in stones that just look like anchor holes etc. they have determined that some of these holes triangulate exact locations where Rune stones have been discovered. When plotted out, the "anchor holes" intersect exactly with the location of these rune stones. They are thinking that maybe the rune stones are land claims and the holes in the rocks were put there as "bread crumbs" to lead back to the spot where the rock or land claim exists. Pretty interesting!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds really interesting. Haven't seen the program, but will look for it. Thanks for letting me know.

OP
OP
J

jonesy2012

Jul 25, 2012
It was playing when i wrote the original post. Maybe you could search for it using "rune stones"

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that a few months ago. Is that the one with the carving of a ship on a rock outcrop on the shore of one of the great lakes? They theorized it as Native Americans carved it as they watched the ship go past. Cool show

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread