Spanish Copper Chest of Gold Coins

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks

I was recently in Puerto Rico detecting for a buried chest. I had my experience in this search. My Eagle Eye responded strange. The story say that a Spaniard built a copper chest to bury almost 196 gold coins a few silver coins in the area where I was searching. After he buried the chest, he used to watch the area where buried the chest from his balcony. Today, that area close to the balcony had been refilled with extra dirt. I used my two Eagle Eye, and it responded with three or four bars to the right.:icon_scratch:I Didn't find the chest in that place? I dug a 7' hole but nothing.

hoyo II.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perhaps it's off to the Side ?

I am not familiar with the Mark II Eagle Eye

but if it said something is there keep Diggin !

Good Luck !

Hopefully someone here may be able to give you some technical advice

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I go along with Jeff . The work and money you have invested beg for more effort when you still have a signal . I no familiarity with your machine to help you in that respect .

OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your inputs.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What type of detector is an eagle eye? I would check the sides of the hole with a PI. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 205

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type of detector is an eagle eye? I would check the sides of the hole with a PI. Frank

Frank I'm taking for granted it's the
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro - Eagle Eye Treasure Hound

which is a 2 Box type

and the reason I would guess pinpointing could be the problem.

I don't know if you pinpoint between the 2 or just the front coil

coil-garrett-treasure-hound-gti.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank I'm taking for granted it's the
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro - Eagle Eye Treasure Hound

which is a 2 Box type

and the reason I would guess pinpointing could be the problem.

I don't know if you pinpoint between the 2 or just the front coil

View attachment 701658

According to Manual's instruction say, " When the searchcoil is centered above the object". But the the detector never got any pinpoint, just moved some bars in the screen!
Untitled-1.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The way my 2 Box works is different. When I am walking forward and first get a signal, my heel on my boot is over the edge of the target, that is if it is in the ground. I then walk toward that spot from the other 4 directions. What I wind up with is a rough outline of the target in the ground. The thing to remember is that a 2 Box picks up all around in the air. So if you are walking along a wall, The target could be in it. My 2 Box is an old Hays unit. It can get 12 in air on the sides and has found caches at 6'. Frank

Attachments

• coins_0003 T 5 peso_edited-2.jpg
    coins_0003 T 5 peso_edited-2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 284

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It also depends how deep it is. Sometimes my whites 2 box will sound off when the front coil is at the front edge and if its deep it will signal in the middle where my feet is and sometimes at the back of my feet?? The sound under my feet I know will be deep 2-3 ft !!!!

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 feet down is a lot of digging. I would need the help of three or four strong men. Good luck #1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions