Tayopa

akeifa89

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad was telling me a story about his youth in 1982 when he was 18 years old. He was part of a mining company based in the US who owned claims that used to be a part of the ancient Jesuit tayopa mines located in Northern Mexico. To his knowledge there are 17 silver mines and 3 gold mines. I was curious if this was the same Tayopa that I have read about. He lived on-site for 3 years and has good understanding of the Tayopa ruins.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad was telling me a story about his youth in 1982 when he was 18 years old. He was part of a mining company based in the US who owned claims that used to be a part of the ancient Jesuit tayopa mines located in Northern Mexico. To his knowledge there are 17 silver mines and 3 gold mines. I was curious if this was the same Tayopa that I have read about. He lived on-site for 3 years and has good understanding of the Tayopa ruins.

You need to go to the treasure legend section and the Tayopa sub forum. I'll bet if you ask around you can find out.
Tayopa

yogeshmach

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tayopa is the name of a legendary lost silver mine in the Sierra Mountains of Mexico. Many stories, legends and myths surround it as well as articles and books describing the search for it. Folklorist J.Frank Dobie devoted part of his book "Apache Gold and Yaqui Silver" to the story of this legendary lost mine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tayopa is the name of a legendary lost silver mine in the Sierra Mountains of Mexico. Many stories, legends and myths surround it as well as articles and books describing the search for it. Folklorist J.Frank Dobie devoted part of his book "Apache Gold and Yaqui Silver" to the story of this legendary lost mine.

Your signature has been removed, it was a hot link to your site selling and that violates our rules.

Do not add it back, it is considered spamming and can get you banned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread