Digging for Jesse James treasure today

Silvertip1958

Mar 8, 2013
I stumbled on this rock about a month ago, been searching for treasure ever since. Jesse ran extensively where I am located. On a hunch I started digging where the ground was sagging like maybe something was buried there. I wasn't getting any signals with detecting but started digging to see if anything was there. A few days ago I hit some kind of box and the detector is screaming over the box five feet down. I found an old unmarked grave stone near this spot in a rock pile so iI'm concerned it is a grave. Weather is good today so today I find out what's there. It may not be anything, but I have dug a silver dollar near the road here which could have been a drop. I have to dig to see what is down there. Even if I find nothing else, this is a treasure hunters dream come true.

Attachments

• image-321437606.jpg
    image-321437606.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 7,794

centaur

Feb 12, 2013
Greece
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705 Artemis LRL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signs on a stone is a good sign .lol and Jesse James to boot !! Thats history stuff !! Go carefully ,maybe there is a pistol with his initials down there or something.
My humble opinion,if you probe it lengthwise and widthwise every 6 inches, you'll know if its a grave or not.Plus you'll have your depth if it is.

Keep us posted!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A mock grave,especially with a headstone (though it may have been moved at your site) would make a good cache?
Good luck.

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you got my attention can't wait to hear what you find

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well was it a grave or a large box of silver and gold?

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
Well was it a grave or a large box of silver and gold?

So if it is a large cache what's the chance of anyone telling the world they found it?
I know I wouldn't...
The State and IRS would be on you like flies on poo...
The cache would be confiscated and the state would probably find a way to fine you for your troubles lol!

OP
OP
S

Silvertip1958

Mar 8, 2013
Wasn't a grave, had to go out of town, still need to dig deeper, nothing significant there yet.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
keep us informed very intriguing lol

centaur

Feb 12, 2013
Greece
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705 Artemis LRL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get some better pics of the stone.Try and get it from a few steps back and at least three angles. JJ tnet.jpg

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he has a giant box full of Morgan's .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread