Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Guide to Forrest Fenn's Treasure

captpappy | A great WordPress.com site Ok this is a map derived from the poem. Can you find the tree lowest in the group of cottonwoods on google earth. I can but then I was there. Check out the middle tree in the row furthest down stream. Just down from Ranger Brown's on the Lamar river. If your long and lat numbers are right I reply the number I have. Hope this will be fun as you're kinda looking from home.

OP
OP
C

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be pictures coming up on that website for the next few days. a pictures worth a thousand words.

OP
OP
C

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not getting comments so I am hoping it is because I am new and not doing the correct things. If so sorry I will keep trying. The site is the whole story that is far too much to put here. Go there and learn the meaning behind the home of brown or find out where the warm waters halt. I am offering this for your perusal. Is it fair to get this out or should I take it down so others can keep searching? Lastly congrats to who has it now. I know a way to get tax break and good return on your wind fall. Really, a man in the middle, could make the needed contacts as I would know what was in the hole. Thanks for that by the way.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Capt and welcome.

I must have missed something. Why is it now that you think that Fenn hid something and this is something other than just a ploy to sell books??? And you believe it was found and you want to manage the finders money?

Hmmm.

V

OP
OP
C

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your comment. This is just what I want a discussion. First I love the quote so lets pan the facts. Fenn gets no money from this book as it goes to save a local book store in Sante Fe, NM. Fenn is writing a second book however and that may be why he won't respond to the packet given to him showing where he hid the treasure. I believe Fenn. I have never thought different. There were a few times in the 28 hours I spent looking around the heavy loads and high water that I doubted Fenn's story I admit.
Fenn was setting up a legacy his poem is filled with history. He is a member of the Wild Bill Cody Center. He will always be part of the Yellowstone history when all this comes to light. The treasure box is of a surprising size. Most people would guess the size for a box that held 42 lbs to be much different than it is. I know the size but I am using that as a way to test if someone else says they have seen it.
I was the first or second to find the hiding place. The law says the treasure is the government's. I do have a plan that would work to get the most for Fenn the public and the finder. Now my issue is that Fenn won't respond to me or publicly to info given him and nor will news man Gadi reply to the info given him. Gadi is with KOB TV. He is the go to guy in New Mexico for this story. The Today Show is also attached to this as they feature Fenn's monthly appearance where he gives monthly clues. Finally all I am asking hunters to do is consider the info at captpappy | A great WordPress.com site You sound like the kind of critical thinker we need more of thank you.

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
If you were the first to find the hiding place the treasure would have still been there. If you were the second to find the hiding place the treasure would have been gone as few people would have left such a find behind. So were you first, saw the treasure and left it behind because of your charitable nature or was this hiding place already empty when you reached it? Regardless, I read your blog and found it very interesting. It's definitely one of the most believable applications of the clues to actual facts that I've read to date. If I were close to the Yellowstone area I would go and look myself. I wish you had posted when I was there last summer. Kudos to you for posting an entertaining read.

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in the park now, for about the next 7 days, its big sky country out here. PM if you like, the search continues.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so lets pan the facts. Fenn gets no money from this book as it goes to save a local book store in Sante Fe, NM

You may want to check your facts. I believe that it is 10% of the net profit. Which may be 0.

The treasure box is of a surprising size. Most people would guess the size for a box that held 42 lbs to be much different than it is. I know the size but I am using that as a way to test if someone else says they have seen it.

Its exact size has been published.

I was the first or second to find the hiding place.

If you were the first and didn't have the inclination to keep it, you should at least have a photo to post on your blog that you are hawking. Or you would have kept something for proof.

I think the story has a fishy smell to it.

V

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The great word press another thing Feen has set up..and the book store is his...I think catpappy is as sneaky as fenn himself and may be one in the same..or at least of of his handlers..handlers as in thoses who spread BS like catpappy..and we all know that cats are sneaky..your right right..this is all BS!!

Terry - another sucker book buyer!!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
COLLECTED WORKS BKS owner info,the listed owner has owned the bks since opening in 1988
------------------------------------
Public License Information
License Number: 13-00027588
Business Control: 0006089
Location ID: 000031117
Business Name & Address Mailing Address
COLLECTED WORKS BKS
202 GALISTEO RD
SANTA FE NM 87505
Mailing Address
202 GALISTEO ST
SANTA FE NM 87501
Business Phone: (505) 988-4226
Date Opened: 01/01/1988
Contractor Flag:
Type of Ownership: P
Owner Information
MASSEY DOROTHY
License Information
Classification: 001 BUSINESS REGISTRATION - STANDARD
License Status, Date: ACTIVE , 01/22/2013
Appl, Issue Date: 01/22/2013, 01/22/2013
License Valid Thru Date: 12/31/2013
https://ecom.plud.ci.santa-fe.nm.us...&MasterInq=&Century=1&Year=13&Number=00027588
https://ecom.plud.ci.santa-fe.nm.us...000&ClassCode=+++++++&Year=08&Number=00027588
https://ecom.plud.ci.santa-fe.nm.us/Click2GovOL/BLINQ.jsp

OP
OP
C

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the cottonwood, its a short hike and a very beautiful one too. Let us here what you think?

OP
OP
C

Captpappy

May 21, 2013
NM MN Id
Detector(s) used
tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ten percent to a cancer fund and the rest to the book store. I have never seen the exact size please inform the rest of us it might help those who count on you for the facts.

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COLLECTED WORKS BKS
202 GALISTEO RD
SANTA FE NM 87505
Mailing Address
202 GALISTEO ST
SANTA FE NM 87501
Business Phone: (505) 988-4226
Date Opened: 01/01/1988
Contractor Flag:
Type of Ownership: Partnership
Owner Information
MASSEY DOROTHY Co-Owner

Terry

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The question is who is her partner. Where I live, all owners have to be listed. Frank...

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
The question is who is her partner. Where I live, all owners have to be listed. Frank...

as posted in the other FF thread,her daughter,google her name,you should find the vid,of her interview

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread