TELEVISION PROJECT - CACHE HUNTING

kmahoney

Jun 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!

Kelly Mahoney here from High Noon Entertainment. I am currently developing a project centered around cache hunting, and am looking to connect with folks that are currently on the hunt for forgotten treasure along with those who have been successful in the field.

If you would are interested in learning more, please shoot me a message or an email to further [email protected].

Look forward to hearing from everyone!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome Kelly ! are you going to do a real show
or are they going to Pretend like Rick savage ?

Because if it's going to be about real caches, you may go 3 seasons
in libraries & historical societies, or more
with them just looking.

Caches are not as easy to find as easter eggs in a ball field on easter morning

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kmahoney

Jun 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff! Thanks for the response...right now we're looking for individuals who are active in the field, and will be determining details of the hunt later in the process.

But believe me, this project is the antithesis of American Diggers...we're trying to accurately depict the treasure hunting community!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
hi Kelly Mahoney, doing a hunting caches reality type show, would require the searcher to give up info
so that the viewer could follow the story line IE: the 5 Ws, and if your looking to do a well known cache
tale,that prob would be ok, but a not so known cache,that the searcher has researched, would prob
bring more attention to the pos cache, than the searcher would be comfortable with.
im sure you know more about producing reality tv than myself, but just saying maybe stick with the well
known,as i think your goal is to entertain the general and the treasure hunting population and make a few $
and im sure if you go at it right, there are searchers here that would help with some of there theories/story
of their hunts for the well known cache tales, and no im not one of the helpful searchers
good luck with your project and HH

high noon productions/shows
Shows

OP
OP
K

kmahoney

Jun 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the insight CW, and yes I can totally understand that people would want to keep their hard work private!

As a newbie to the field, can anyone help identify some of the better known cache tales out there, or anyone who might be willing to talk about their more public experiences?

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think the problem you are going to run into Kelly is that people who are seriously onto recovering caches are not going to want to be on TV. The Federal govt is notorious for swooping in on folks and confiscating whatever they have recovered. That is why you don't hear about treasure recoveries very often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread